Australia - Tiahleigh Palmer, 12, slain, Pimpama River, Qld, 30 Oct 2015 #1 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
so far.. its two counts of perjury, and one of perverting the course of justice, for old Julene.
............one count of perjury, and one count of perverting the course of justice for Josh.
............two counts of perjury, and one ( I think ) count of perverting the course of justice and incest for Trent. ( as is usual in the charge of incest, a precise number of outrages are not specified, merely the fact of it occurring.at this point in time.

One count of murder against Rick. I suppose he is also to be charged with perjury and perverting the course of justice also, but the murder charge takes precedence.

There isn't any reason to suppose that these will be the only charges. These are the charges laid against the perpetrators so far, and there would be nothing unusual in a whole slew of other charges, same charges but more of them, and charges of common pursuit of a crime, as well as individual charges of the same crime to come in the ensuing weeks. Once Rick gets to talking , its open slather, and the leaning on Julene, Trent and Josh has not even begun to get serious by the Q police, is how I see it..

Thanks Trooper for posting all that up. And yes, i'm sure there wil be more charges to come.

Fred and Rose aka Rick and Julene actually must have seemed like Gods gifts to a Foster Care system strained at the seams.
A jolly horsey Equestrian mum, a caring husband supportive of his family.....from an outsiders perspective would look a nice Middle class family - no tattooed drug stoners here. Nothing against tattooed drug stoners [says hastily] in case any are reading here

I thought the same thing. Fred and Rose..
I'm enjoying reading the information fellow sleuthers have found out about this family. However, I think speculation about dear Tia needs to be worded carefully. Let's not forget that this was a real story of a poor young girl being taken away when all avenues seemed to have failed her. I feel deeply saddened seeing her face and knowing that she wasn't able to live the life myself and others take for granted. I don't know, I just put myself in the position of if that was my child that that happened to, I wouldn't want people speculating on things about her. Digging dirt on the family - go crazy I'm all for it. Just my two cents, and I'm not meaning to offend.

I'm curious to find out what they find buried. I am also curious as to the mother of the son who was abused by JT coming out and saying what went on. Such a deceptively evil family :( Very sad state of affairs and indicative of how overloaded the Family Services system is. These poor foster children don't really stand a chance :(

Rick T - Murder; Interfering with a corpse
Julene T - Perjury; Perverting the course of justice
Josh T - Perjury; Perverting the course of justice
Trent T - Incest; Perjury; Perverting the course of justice

Might have missed one for Rick...

Thanks for posting.

Thanks Trooper for posting all that up. And yes, i'm sure there wil be more charges to come.

not forgetting that Rick has charges, multiple charges ,on the same event of the sexual interference of the 4yr and 10yr old at the daycare outfit run by Julene....

what in the name of all that's unholy, does a man think it's a good idea, in his wife's daycare operation, in their shared home with his sons, to expose his old genitals as if they were rubies and diamonds and not just ordinary bits of dangling flesh to two very young children entrusted to the combined care of him and his wife, for which they are paid Government money on a regular basis??.. what would make that seem a bright idea to anyone on this earth?? And especially if you have had a young foster daughter up and disappear on you and a lot of people, including the police are beginning to look crossways at you?? so you do this??...

I thought the same thing. Fred and Rose..
I'm enjoying reading the information fellow sleuthers have found out about this family. However, I think speculation about dear Tia needs to be worded carefully. Let's not forget that this was a real story of a poor young girl being taken away when all avenues seemed to have failed her. I feel deeply saddened seeing her face and knowing that she wasn't able to live the life myself and others take for granted. I don't know, I just put myself in the position of if that was my child that that happened to, I wouldn't want people speculating on things about her. Digging dirt on the family - go crazy I'm all for it. Just my two cents, and I'm not meaning to offend.

I'm curious to find out what they find buried. I am also curious as to the mother of the son who was abused by JT coming out and saying what went on. Such a deceptively evil family :( Very sad state of affairs and indicative of how overloaded the Family Services system is. These poor foster children don't really stand a chance :(

BBM, I think like some other Govt. departments if the system doesn't work in the interests of we the people then get rid of it, and do something else. It's not like they don't get enough of our tax dollars to fix things. Why can't they build a home away from home for foster kids with professionals running the show, people with qualifications to deal with a lot of psychological issues a lot of those children have. Foster care should never be a permanent thing unless it's absolutely necessary, and then children usually get put up for adoption if parent/s can't get their act together, but every effort should be made to keep them within their extended families if they prove to check out ok., and who want the responsibility of raising those unfortunate children. But i get angry when i have read about other family that are willing to take on that responsibility and are refused. It stinks IMO, and it has to change.

I forgot the interference with a corpse.. apologies!!.... I hope that charge isn't dropped as the trial goes on. It often is, and I disagree that it is even considered being dropped , much less actually dropped, it is just wrong, in my opinion.
I thought I'd missed one! Between us both I think we got them all.... For now!!

I'm scared that we'll all be shocked about this family's history.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

BBM, I think like some other Govt. departments if the system doesn't work in the interests of we the people then get rid of it, and do something else. It's not like they don't get enough of our tax dollars to fix things. Why can't they build a home away from home for foster kids with professionals running the show, people with qualifications to deal with a lot of psychological issues a lot of those children have. Foster care should never be a permanent thing unless it's absolutely necessary, and then children usually get put up for adoption if parent/s can't get their act together, but every effort should be made to keep them within their extended families if they prove to check out ok., and who want the responsibility of raising those unfortunate children. But i get angry when i have read about other family that are willing to take on that responsibility and are refused. It stinks IMO, and it has to change.

They do. They are called Residential Homes...

wow...Wikipedia has already put everything, so far, up on their site...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Tiahleigh_Palmer
Wikipedia entries are generated by the public, so they don't actually put it up there, community members do. You can edit and add things to the entries. I think hers has been there since the murder. Crimes like this often have a wiki entry very soon after it occurs. The fact that anyone can edit it is why it's not really used as a credible source :)

If you look at the bottom you can see when it was last edited.

Tiahleigh Palmer: Police continue to search accused killer Rick Thorburn’s home

Madura McCormack, The Courier-Mail
September 24, 2016 5:05pm

Mrs Thorburn today waited in her car for two minutes, thronged by media, before police let her in through the front gate. She did not speak to media.

6BFrLYe.jpg

Forensic officers have removed chairs and other items of furniture from the home.

lmjEhSZ.jpg

Nup, no cheesy grin today. Do you think the whole situation might be starting to sink in?

I'd reckon . She would have had the first Lawyers bill by now. With the certainty that years and years of lawyers bills will turn up every second day from now till kingdom come.. Its enough to make anyone look as grim as Julene does today.

They do. They are called Residential Homes...

So why are kids farmed out to strangers? Shouldn't they be in those residential homes? I have not heard of that for fostered children, do you have a link about it please?

I'd reckon . She would have had the first Lawyers bill by now. With the certainty that years and years of lawyers bills will turn up every second day from now till kingdom come.. Its enough to make anyone look as grim as Julene does today.

I would so love to caption that photo of JT but unfortunately it's against the rules to add insults to photos.

Anyway she is probably thinking "Wait till I get my hands on that fat prick Rick. Trying to off himself and leaving me to sort out those two fw sons of his. He always leaves me to clean up the mess."

And IMO her cleaning up the mess is not too far from the truth in this case.

So why are kids farmed out to strangers? Shouldn't they be in those residential homes?

It depends on Child Safety, and the organisation they refer to that has capacity to take kids on. Residential Homes are usually used for more 'challenging' kids or emergency placements. Foster Homes can also be good (when the family is normal) as it can create a family atmosphere and kids who are not used to 'normal' family interactions ~ can see what healthy families look like.

It depends on Child Safety, and the organisation they refer to that has capacity to take kids on. Residential Homes are usually used for more 'challenging' kids or emergency placements. Foster Homes can also be good (when the family is normal) as it can create a family atmosphere and kids who are not used to 'normal' family interactions ~ can see what healthy families look like.

well.. whoda thunk ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member