Australia - Tiahleigh Palmer, 12, slain, Pimpama River, Qld, 30 Oct 2015 #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends on Child Safety, and the organisation they refer to that has capacity to take kids on. Residential Homes are usually used for more 'challenging' kids or emergency placements. Foster Homes can also be good (when the family is normal) as it can create a family atmosphere and kids who are not used to 'normal' family interactions ~ can see what healthy families look like.

Children in foster care ‘still being sexually and physically abused by their foster parents’
CHILDREN in foster care are still being sexually and physically abused by their foster parents, a high-ranking official in the Department of Family and Community Services has revealed today.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...k=cd952fbfc49a83e955a7e27ea241315e-1474714340

Article is a couple of years old, so problems back then too.

I would so love to caption that photo of JT but unfortunately it's against the rules to add insults to photos.

Anyway she is probably thinking "Wait till I get my hands on that fat prick Rick. Trying to off himself and leaving me to sort out those two fw sons of his. He always leaves me to clean up the mess."

And IMO her cleaning up the mess is not too far from the truth in this case.

maybe she just found out what the penalty for incest can be..

there is something intrinsically depleted about this family. Nothing is normal. Nothing makes sense.

So why are kids farmed out to strangers? Shouldn't they be in those residential homes? I have not heard of that for fostered children, do you have a link about it please?

This is just one organisation that offers Residential Houses. It would be difficult to find more information about the homes as they are meant to be private and protect the kids (and workers) that reside there. Remember that a lot of parents are po'd about having their kids removed from their care and until reunification is put into place, parents/family cannot visit their kids in these homes. However, workers will follow the Child Safety plan regarding visitation with families and it can vary from McDonalds, the local library, community pools, the family home etc. Like I said, once reunification plans are put into place then confidentiality is pretty much removed, as these families will work within the framework to have their kids back :)

http://www.safeplaces.com.au/

It wasn't reported that Julene was supposed to pick up Tialeigh from school at lunch time. According to the report that Possumheart posted it mentioned that a worker was due to pick up Tialeigh.

Unless you have proof that Tialeigh was taken to a doctor to get the morning after pill or birth control, it would be prudent to not speculate. This is what leads to rumours that quickly grow legs and become 'fact'. Best to stick to facts IMO.

The report stated that the carer (Julene) was picking Tiahleigh up at lunch time. Will stick to discussion and not sharing my thoughts. cheers

A charge of incest ? It's not her brother. Rape is what he should be charged with.

and all those people who turned up for the posthumous birthday party for Tia at the Thorburn residence must be a bit peeved and letting Julene know of their general peevishness.....plus the people who gave money to the memorial Rick and Julene set up.. they'd be peeved and informing Julene of this fact.. and then there are the folks who rocked up for the Dance awards night and cried with Rick and Julene as they cried and accepted Tia's cup , given posthumously ... oh. there would be no shortage of cranky people in the area....

A charge of incest ? It's not her brother. Rape is what he should be charged with.

according to the law, yes he is, he is her foster brother. ... you can argue that with the current Australian Federal law and the current state laws that are in tune in each state in Australia.. don't bother arguing with me about it. It is what it says regardless of anyone's opinion to the contrary.

Incest carries the higher penalty, if that's what worries you.

This is just one organisation that offers Residential Houses. It would be difficult to find more information about the homes as they are meant to be private and protect the kids (and workers) that reside there. Remember that a lot of parents are po'd about having their kids removed from their care and until reunification is put into place, parents/family cannot visit their kids in these homes. However, workers will follow the Child Safety plan regarding visitation with families and it can vary from McDonalds, the local library, community pools, the family home etc. Like I said, once reunification plans are put into place then confidentiality is pretty much removed, as these families will work within the framework to have their kids back :)

http://www.safeplaces.com.au/

So that is an option but it's not the usual thing when children are removed from their homes, because i think the majority go out to foster parents don't they?

according to the law, yes he is, he is her foster brother. ... you can argue that with the current Australian Federal law and the current state laws that are in tune in each state in Australia.. don't bother arguing with me about it. It is what it says regardless of anyone's opinion to the contrary.

Incest carries the higher penalty, if that's what worries you.

Not arguing with you or anyone! Just putting forward an opinion .Why the harsh reply ?

So that is an option but it's not the usual thing when children are removed from their homes, because i think the majority go out to foster parents don't they?

hmmm...not necessarily. it depends what type of intervention order the court passes, but there are many different types of foster care/out-of-home care. Check this out for more info:

https://aifs.gov.au/cfca/publications/children-care

Queensland foster care system under scrutiny following alleged murder of Tialeigh Palmer
ELIZABETH JACKSON: The alleged murder of 12-year-old Tiahleigh Palmer has put Queensland's foster care system under intense scrutiny.

Tiahleigh's foster father, Rick Thorburn, has been charged with her murder. His son, Trent Thorburn, faces charges of incest.

The mother, Jolene and her two sons have been charged with perjury and perverting the course of justice.
http://www.abc.net.au/am/content/2016/s4544890.htm

and all those people who turned up for the posthumous birthday party for Tia at the Thorburn residence must be a bit peeved and letting Julene know of their general peevishness.....plus the people who gave money to the memorial Rick and Julene set up.. they'd be peeved and informing Julene of this fact.. and then there are the folks who rocked up for the Dance awards night and cried with Rick and Julene as they cried and accepted Tia's cup , given posthumously ... oh. there would be no shortage of cranky people in the area....

And then there is poor Cyndi Palmer, Tiahleighs mother. What a dreadful shock to find the person who was helping you most, to look for your missing daughter, was the very person who had murdered her.

The report stated that the carer (Julene) was picking Tiahleigh up at lunch time. Will stick to discussion and not sharing my thoughts. cheers

Thanks Kailee. Would you post a link to where it said that the carer (Julene) was picking up Tialeigh at lunch time please?

From the same article i linked
(quote)
DEBBIE KILROY: Oh, of course there's a better way. We need to spend the resources, allocate the resources to support mothers and their children, not spend hundreds of thousands of millions of dollars of taxpayers' money on removing children and putting them in foster care, because we know the tragic ending of Tiahleigh's life, which is just horrific, is the end of the spectrum of what happens to children in foster care.

And we know that the children that we work with in (inaudible) have had horrific experiences in foster care. You know, they're moved from foster family to foster family. They've been violated in every form.

And you know, the trauma of that and the acting out from that: eventually no foster family wants them, so they're placed in residential care programs, which the state funds.

If Hairbro can't be Hairbro Paedo maybe he could be Hairbro Hebo?

On a serious note, I imagine Tiah may have needed an ally in the household after receiving unwanted attentions from old Rick and turned to Hairbro. He ultimately betrayed her trust as well.

And then there is poor Cyndi Palmer, Tiahleighs mother. What a dreadful shock to find the person who was helping you most, to look for your missing daughter, was the very person who had murdered her.
That would be horrific beyond words. I feel terrible for her, she's being ripped apart on social media.

Thanks Kailee. Would you post a link to where it said that the carer (Julene) was picking up Tialeigh at lunch time please?
yep sorry. it was a worker collecting her for the appointment. I misread it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member