Australia - Tiahleigh Palmer, 12, slain, Pimpama River, Qld, 30 Oct 2015 #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi TGY....Great to have you back with us...I have been worried about you & have missed your posts...:blowkiss:

Hi TGY....Great to have you back with us...I have been worried about you & have missed your posts...:blowkiss:

Thanks Tiddles. A horrid family tragedy knocked us all off our feet.

It took this reptile Thorburn family who treated sweet little Tia like rubbish got me moving.

Justice for Tiahleigh.

not sure of the distinction between Stockholm syndrome and DV stuff but thinking that she may not have been fully functioning as adult person. Worn down by years of abuse; loss of confidence, trying to get her head around an impossible scenario. please note I am not trying to excuse inexcusable behaviour here; a child is dead; merely trying to work out why she would be part of it.....

Like Stockholm Sydrome?

not sure of the distinction between Stockholm syndrome and DV stuff but thinking that she may not have been fully functioning as adult person. Worn down by years of abuse; loss of confidence, trying to get her head around an impossible scenario. please note I am not trying to excuse inexcusable behaviour here; a child is dead; merely trying to work out why she would be part of it.....

InDeep I do understand what you're saying, maybe she was protecting her boys, maybe she feared he could turn on them and Rick ruled them all with an iron fist but I'll be buggered why it took her so long to come clean. I'm sure the police suggested her protection long before.

The grieving facade especially Rick with the teddy bear and the day at the park held in memory of Tia. It's just incredibly sad.

Greetings to TGY and InDeep..... I take on board all you propose there about Julie... up to a certain point.. I think what she had to lose was status... nothing more, and nothing less, and it seems a whole lot of time and effort went into maintaining a façade about this family..

The short era of the expensive private school. ..( valuable networking) the horses, the home with acreage , the all dancing, all singing, all blond Au sons, the affable coffee dispensing husband , tripping around the area with the boys to promote his 'business' and woo the locals with the terrible fried food outfit, the projection of the dancing school.. what a nerve!.

And Julie has accustomed herself to the concept and the reality that Rick s inclined to sexually interfere with small children, hence his embarrassing slip with two of Julie's 'pupils'.. thereby halting her income stream , the basis of which was the care and responsibility for children in loco parentis.

The Care of Children.. a lucrative career path, no qualifications seem to be acquired by any of this brood, all of whom portray themselves as Children Carers. The money is regular, the perks seem to be quite acceptable, the oversight and supervision seems to be extremely superficial and irregular.

Even after Rick has blotted his copybook somewhat, what with exposing his 'credentials' to the two little girls in Jule's day care shindig, Julie and Josh and Trent have no objection to the next phase of 'income stream' process.. a foster child, and wouldn't you know it, a very beautiful sub teenager , bearing up under terrific strain of leaving home, new school, strange new 'brothers'... Julie posed no objection.

And even then, the advertisement in the private school newsletter, offering this rented home, the leased vehicles, the incomeless family, as a Xmas Break holiday home for lonely international students, shy of a place to stay over the break. .....

It is hard to unsee that short clip of Julie arriving at the house , before she was charged and pleaded guilty to perverting the course of justice and lying to the police, etc where she was gaily waving to the police guard and various news cameras as if she was the keynote speaker at a Mayoral function.

I know someone who knew the family through horses. They said you never would of picked them as what has come out. They hid it well. I am told they came across as the nicest of people. That is how these types fly under the radar

but I'll be buggered why it took her so long to come clean.

She only came clean when she got busted and was arrested. I don't think she ever would have come forth of her own free will especially after lying at the CCC hearings.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

She only came clean when she got busted and was arrested. I don't think she ever would have come forth of her own free will especially after lying at the CCC hearings.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

and I don't believe her claim that Trent was with her and Joshua the night Tiah was murdered.. the woman is a practiced and committed liar, an habitual spinner of self serving yarns, and there is no reason to believe that Joshua isn't of the same mind set. It is their habit.

Julie may hold out under cross examination, but Joshua... he looks weak and feeble, and may have some appreciation of the worth of his own neck, as a trade off for mum and dad's and Trent's.

That is assuming he has some operating brain cells. There is no reason to not expect the current family dynamic changing, from the Rick and Trent versus Julie and Josh, to Joshua versus Mum , Dad and Trent.

I've read back over posts and articles online, sorry if I've missed it in the detail but am i correct - only one of Tiahs shoes was found on the opposite bank of the Pimpana River? Her uniform and back back have not been recovered? She was found naked, wasn't she? I had to take a break from this case for a while. I remember when Tiah first went missing, her Facebook account was deleted.....The appeals for witnesses and then her body been found.

I hope Josh is wise enough to speak the truth.

What's with the previous murders Rick's apparently boasting about? Do you think Julene had something to do with these too.... Just wondering what Rick used to scare her into silence. I don't buy the hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil act.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

From memory, the previous single murder claimed by Rick was when, he, himself was in care ... and he is proud as punch for having gotten away with it. It just keeps getting stranger.
Happy New Year.
I've read back over posts and articles online, sorry if I've missed it in the detail but am i correct - only one of Tiahs shoes was found on the opposite bank of the Pimpana River? Her uniform and back back have not been recovered? She was found naked, wasn't she? I had to take a break from this case for a while. I remember when Tiah first went missing, her Facebook account was deleted.....The appeals for witnesses and then her body been found.

I hope Josh is wise enough to speak the truth.

What's with the previous murders Rick's apparently boasting about? Do you think Julene had something to do with these too.... Just wondering what Rick used to scare her into silence. I don't buy the hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil act.

Happy new year possumheart

Happy New Year everyone!

For 2017....We NEED a Royal Commission investigation into Foster Care in Australia - the current system is just not good enough for many of our dear children who are placed in care.
Our judicial system also needs a good shakeup, as some of the sentences being handed out are far too lenient...MOO

Re Rick - I wonder if the murder whilst a child in care and the getting away with it was what triggered him off here. He may have been 'projecting' his own youthful fear and shame onto son, essentially re- living it. I mean what he did was not the act of a rational person. Worst case scenario if it came out was probably the dole queue for Rick, Julene and Josh and a slap on the wrist with sex offender record for Trent. Which would have been the least of what he deserved. IMO .

Here is my take on why Rick did it.

When Rick found out about Trent and Tia he panicked. At this stage he had not been caught out regarding the charges about the two little ones in Julenes day care. He did not murder Tia to save his son but himself! He knew if Trent had charges brought up regarding Tia others may of come forward about the day care and God knows what else he has done. He did it to cover up his own crimes which may be quiet more serious than we suspect. JMO though

Here is my take on why Rick did it.

When Rick found out about Trent and Tia he panicked. At this stage he had not been caught out regarding the charges about the two little ones in Julenes day care. He did not murder Tia to save his son but himself! He knew if Trent had charges brought up regarding Tia others may of come forward about the day care and God knows what else he has done. He did it to cover up his own crimes which may be quiet more serious than we suspect. JMO though

Fear... it takes a powerful emotion to follow thru with murder. Certainly, panic has to have been a large component of the motivation of Rick. I reckon jealousy was in there. Rick, as Julene says, loved Tia ' so much' (!!!) .... grooming her to respond to his preferences, perhaps even having achieved his ambition in respect of Tia' s sexual obligations to Rick as he sees it.. Then, to find out the son has been there as well, or before..

Jealousy has driven many a murder, by women and men, ... I find it hard to believe that the other brother wasn't fully up to speed about all of it, actually.. I think he had been caught out , re the two little sisters in Julene's day care before Tia was murdered.. ?? that those charges were pending? I'd appreciate correction on this if that is wrong.

The astonishing thing is, Julene stuck with him!. and stuck with the idea of the Foster children income stream plan. Like letting a fox guard the henhouse.

Fear of loss of good reputation is a powerful motive for murder. Combined with the terror of likely loss of $$income makes for a rock-solid motive. Any one of this family qualifies as playing a party to murder IMO.

At the time of Tia's death RT had not been charged with any molestation charges. That came out later. A few weeks after her funeral he was out there pimping for students to come stay at their "safe, friendly" home.

Does anyone know the dates for the next court appearances for these undesireables?
It has been reported that Rick needs to have a psychiatric evaluation done before his next court appearance, I think.
I wonder if Hairbro has run out of hair products yet or are his supplies being topped up by someone..:pullhair:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member