Australia - Tiahleigh Palmer, 12, slain, Pimpama River, Qld, 30 Oct 2015 #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry about any typos guys. I have a sticky keyboard LOL :moo:

I was also shocked to hear Julene rocked up at a local Logan supermarket. She was accosted in the car park by locals. More front than Myers. Why would you do that after what this family did? Show their faces locally??

Someone who is accustomed to living a duplicitous life.
MOO

That explains how Rick overdosed....He would have been on medication for his mental disorder?....Thus the court needing the full mental evaluation....It was while he was in the Watchhouse after he was charged that he tried to suicide (about which the media did not give details).

As the Court requests a full mental assessment before his next court appearance on 22/2/17, his solicitor will probably use information from the report to try to get Rick off the murder charge and eventually into a mental facility/jail....Another Oscar Pistorius similar trial (hopefully not)...MOO..:sick::sick::sick:

Tiddles, he could've 'overdosed' on over-the-counter medication, such as aspirin, paracetamol or ibuprofen, some of which can cause gastrointestinal bleeding and a drop in blood pressure. Any excess dose of a medication, prescribed or not, is classed as an 'overdose'. In Rick's case, it was probably 50% theatrics and 50% shock at his crime being discovered. People like him are p***-weak. They are cowards behind their masks of bravado.

ETA: As others have posted, BP medications would cause him to collapse but he would've be taking the very real risk of dying. I don't think Rick wanted to die. I think his aim was to avoid the inevitable for as long as he could and to continue to play the victim. I agree with the characterisation of him as a stereotypical narcissistic personality. Subsequent to Tia's murder, he continued to garner sympathy as her grieving carer. He didn't love Tia. He loved, and still does, love himself. It's always about him.

Rick Thorburn is a weak, slimy and had no intention or the courage to kill himself with his alleged overdose. He was arrested and charged with murder and all that entails, body search etc. So where did he hide his od medication? He didn't! It was all an act. He flopped himself on the floor and carried on like an imbicile and was then taken to hospital. Hope they pumped his stomach anyway. The tool!

Tiddles, he could've 'overdosed' on over-the-counter medication, such as aspirin, paracetamol or ibuprofen, some of which can cause gastrointestinal bleeding and a drop in blood pressure. Any excess dose of a medication, prescribed or not, is classed as an 'overdose'. In Rick's case, it was probably 50% theatrics and 50% shock at his crime being discovered. People like him are p***-weak. They are cowards behind their masks of bravado.

ETA: As others have posted, BP medications would cause him to collapse but he would've be taking the very real risk of dying. I don't think Rick wanted to die. I think his aim was to avoid the inevitable for as long as he could and to continue to play the victim. I agree with the characterisation of him as a stereotypical narcissistic personality. Subsequent to Tia's murder, he continued to garner sympathy as her grieving carer. He didn't love Tia. He loved, and still does, love himself. It's always about him.

Yep. I vote for theatrics, manipulation and attempted diversion by using the victim card. Classic psychopathic maneuver.

I am as shocked by this crime as much as anyone else. I have spent many years in child protection in Queensland, and even a cursory glance at Tia's history gave me much pause for thought, there are many indicators of an inadequate placements, non- cultural placements, running away etc. This girl was likely in need of a trusted person (usually the social workers) to talk about her non compliance, feelings, or any issues she may be experiencing etc.
Her placement with the Thorburn's strikes me as unmatched with Tia, - but they had a spare bed.

Don't be alarmed, that's how most placements happen - who has the space? It's not meant to happen that way, but resources are scarce. Some kids end up in motels with a youth worker. Foster carers are not keen on pre and post teens. So those kids either go to a shelter or wing it on the streets.

Clearly from my point of view this placement was a disaster waiting to happen. I didn't know that the father was in care (oh the irony) and would be curious to find out why, because this indicates inter-generational issues. It has obviously passed to one son, how did dad do that? I'd like to know...
What happened to dad that he was in care? He likely has ASPD, with narcissistic features, based on his own traumatic childhood, and alleged crimes.

Sorry, I didn't mean to write so much, but even in retirement I get so frustrated with an inadequate system that treats the kids worse than if they had stayed at home. I can't make any sense of it. The 4 corners program was interesting because I didn't know Pathways and Life without Barriers were private corporations whose existence relies on accumulation of wealth, over the child's rights to a decent caring placement. I'm a bit gobsmacked to be honest.

Good post. Thanks for your insight, Gecko.

02a4ebec7e6596a72fb40b1a90a2d99b.jpg

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news

Rick Thorburn is a weak, slimy and had no intention or the courage to kill himself with his alleged overdose. He was arrested and charged with murder and all that entails, body search etc. So where did he hide his od medication? He didn't! It was all an act. He flopped himself on the floor and carried on like an imbicile and was then taken to hospital. Hope they pumped his stomach anyway. The tool!
I'd be surprised if he was put in an induced coma for no medical reason.

Would emergency medication necessarily have been confiscated?

The lowest act this did was to carry little Tia's coffin at her funeral. Crying crocodile tears. Then back to carrying on a normal life. This scum organised a day in the park to celebrate Tia's birthday !! A sausage sizzle at Browns Plains wetlands all announced on the memorial page this creep set up. May he rot in hell.

While being in his panic stricken condition & overdosing on "whatever meds he used" after he was arrested & placed in the lockup, because of his gutless demeanor & deranged mindset & knowing quite well of all the other charges he is yet to face (besides Tia's murder) wouldn't it be the easy way out for him to WANT to die by overdose, knowing that there is every possibility of him spending the remainder of his life in jail?.... (I am feeling that this could be just the tip of the iceburg for him, with regards to more other possible charges he may yet have to face)....I hate to think about how many other lives he may have destroyed while weaving his web of destruction during his lifetime of deception....Makes me feel sick...MOO

The fact that Rick grew out of an institutional setting makes me wonder what early bonds he made and what shape his lifelong friends are. And what shared values they maintain to condone his deplorable behaviours.

The fact that Rick grew out of an institutional setting makes me wonder what early bonds he made and what shape his lifelong friends are. And what shared values they maintain to condone his deplorable behaviours.

Rick likes to play the "good guy" in the neighbourhood. Pillar of the community, foster carer, local food van operator involved in FAD Dancing community into the classic car scene. Good ole Rick. He wants to be liked. NEEDED to be liked. But he hides many deep dark secrets. His kind are right under our noses ! But pure evil underneath that facade.

His kind have no close friends. They cannot form that kind of bond.

While being in his panic stricken condition & overdosing on "whatever meds he used" after he was arrested & placed in the lockup, because of his gutless demeanor & deranged mindset & knowing quite well of all the other charges he is yet to face (besides Tia's murder) wouldn't it be the easy way out for him to WANT to die by overdose, knowing that there is every possibility of him spending the remainder of his life in jail?.... (I am feeling that this could be just the tip of the iceburg for him, with regards to more other possible charges he may yet have to face)....I hate to think about how many other lives he may have destroyed while weaving his web of destruction during his lifetime of deception....Makes me feel sick...MOO

If Rick had wanted to die, he'd be dead.

If Rick had wanted to die, he'd be dead.

He might hang himself in his cell yet.....There is still time for that to happen (once the other prisoners have finished with him).....It's still early days!...MOO..:panic: :jail: .:gaah:

He might hang himself in his cell yet.....There is still time for that to happen (once the other prisoners have finished with him).....It's still early days!...MOO..:panic: :jail: .:gaah:

If he is considered at risk of suicide whilst in custody, after examination by a mental health professional, he will be placed in a protective unit and be subject to close supervision. I was talking about his unsuccessful 'suicide attempt' immediately after his arrest.

What I'm seeing is there are two (+) types of murderer,

1) the one who thinks he/she can fool the police and everyone else by going in front of the cameras

or

2) the other who hides and runs from everything.

RT is similar to, say, Mark Galante stood beside a mannequin that was dressed in the clothes of his missing wife, Jody, in a public appeal to find her, he fronted media cameras thinking he was smarter and could out-fool everyone. All along he was the culprit. Our coppers got him.
http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/husband-on-murder-charge/2006/03/01/1141191732157.html

Then, there's the likes of Baden-Clay who he and his family literally ran and hid and did not show their faces in the search for his wife. But as soon as he showed his moosh everyone knew what a lying prick he was.
I'll put my chin on the line and say 'Ol Borce R. is in this category. We'll wait and see until Karen is found, if ever.

Both showed totally different reactions but both were guilty as all hell.

I'll rabbit on about how amazing our cops are.

Either way, either personality and their damage control antics, our cops see right through them.

The lowest act this did was to carry little Tia's coffin at her funeral. Crying crocodile tears. Then back to carrying on a normal life. This scum organised a day in the park to celebrate Tia's birthday !! A sausage sizzle at Browns Plains wetlands all announced on the memorial page this creep set up. May he rot in hell.

ALL OF THE ABOVE!

Great post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members