GUILTY Australia - Tina Watson, 26, dies on honeymoon scuba dive, QLD, 22 Oct 2003

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
On the Dateline show, it said something about them returning to the boat and then going back out again. I think that he did something to her oxygen. They were seen face to face struggling. I bet he turned off the oxygen and then turned it back on. He did something to cause her death. Then, not to grab her and buddy breathe is more evidence. He let her sink to the bottom.

I read in one of the links that the life insurance was a $1M policy. Another article said that he claimed hundreds of thousands of dollars from the travel insurance for her death and the grief that it caused him. Man, what an idiot. I hope that he is convicted.

I worked in Hoover, AL, and still have family in that area. It's a nice suburb outside of B'ham.

That picture of her on the ocean floor is heartbreaking, that poor woman.:mad:

On the Dateline show, it said something about them returning to the boat and then going back out again. I think that he did something to her oxygen. They were seen face to face struggling. I bet he turned off the oxygen and then turned it back on. He did something to cause her death. Then, not to grab her and buddy breathe is more evidence. He let her sink to the bottom.

I read in one of the links that the life insurance was a $1M policy. Another article said that he claimed hundreds of thousands of dollars from the travel insurance for her death and the grief that it caused him. Man, what an idiot. I hope that he is convicted.

I worked in Hoover, AL, and still have family in that area. It's a nice suburb outside of B'ham.
Here is the story about his lawsuit:

Murder suspect Gabe Watson suing travel company for wife's scuba diving death

http://www.cdnn.info/news/safety/s071105a.html

Wouldn't it be your natural reaction to help your loved one--especially if you were trained in search and rescue diving?

You bet it would nan, especially if you were trainded in search and rescue, I would think it would be second nature. This just makes me so angry, I hope he pays for what he did to her, what a creep!

I think the photo of her lying on the ocean floor motionless is going to mean a lot. If she did rip off his face mask, it was a defensive move. She was fighting for her life.

I hate to think he'll get away with it in this world. I hope and pray not.

There was just a teaser on NBC that they are going to talk about this case on the Today Show on Monday morning.

Wow, he was trained and left for help---and he had gear on so he easily could have swam after her---he is as guilty as there is! Glad they arrested him.
She was beautiful! I feel so bad for her fmaily and so glad she didnt change her life isnurance policy to him!

This is an incredible case; if in fact he did request she increase and change her life insurance policy, and she decided to lie to him that she had, he did it for nothing...

Here is a link to the AP photo:
http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/Octob..._dive_death;_ylt=AgA1fpiv35jlV2m9pUfWkxZNYhAF

Are there bubbles coming from her as the dive instructor is racing towards her?

Imagine this poor person who was posing for the photo and then realized that there was a possible murder victim behind him/her...

Diver charged in wife's underwater death
<snip
An Alabama man whose wife died during a honeymoon scuba diving trip off the coast of Australia almost five years ago has been charged in her death.
art.scubadive.ap.jpg
Tina Watson, background right, lies motionless after she drowned in 2003 while diving in the Great Barrier Reef.

An Australian coroner ruled Friday that there was enough evidence to put Gabe Watson on trial for the death of Tina Watson, who was 26 when she drowned in October 2003 while diving around a historic shipwreck in Australia's Great Barrier Reef. >snip

It is said that Gabe Watson inquired about his wife's life insurance policy prior to the honeymoon, and also called about it upon returning to Alabama. Gabe was an experienced scuba diver, his wife was just a novice.

Finally!! I saw the special on this last week. It was very obvious to me who committed the horrifying murder.

...It is said that Gabe Watson inquired about his wife's life insurance policy prior to the honeymoon, and also called about it upon returning to Alabama. Gabe was an experienced scuba diver, his wife was just a novice.
Yeah, old Gabe sure didn't waste any time grieving. It is also said that he got hundreds of thousands from the travel insurance company. Nothing like cleaning up from your wife's untimely death.

She only took scuba diving lessons because he wanted to scuba dive on their honeymoon. She actually was qualified at a quarry (where I actually have been diving before).

This is an incredible case; if in fact he did request she increase and change her life insurance policy, and she decided to lie to him that she had, he did it for nothing...

Here is a link to the AP photo:
http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/Octob..._dive_death;_ylt=AgA1fpiv35jlV2m9pUfWkxZNYhAF

Are there bubbles coming from her as the dive instructor is racing towards her?

Imagine this poor person who was posing for the photo and then realized that there was a possible murder victim behind him/her...

You can see that person in the center just looking on!!

Is that Gab?, and clearly she was just dropped! I thought he was "helping" her come up.

I would have become immediately suspicious if my soon-to-be husband asked me to increase my life insurance and change the policy to make him the sole beneficiary. I'm glad she lied though and didn't make the change...even though she told him she did. At least she can have the last laugh. I hope her family gets the justice they deserve.

I am so glad she didn't change the life insurance policy.

I hope he gets the maximum sentence!:mad:

This is what I think that he did. He turned her oxygen tank down low to make it hard for her to breathe. The first time, I believe that they surfaced because of it. She was close enough that she could have surfaced on her own. Then, he fiddled with it, probably giving her a little more air and even breathing from the regulator himself to assure her that it was fine. They started to descend and she once again found it hard to breathe. Believe me, when you are a novice, you want to be breathing lots of air. I would actually start sucking it in before I got in the water.

Well, I believe that's when they were face to face. He pretended to help her turn it on with he actually turned it all the way off. She grabbed his mask because she panicked knowing that she couldn't breathe. (In this case, he is supposed to share his oxygen with her if she had a malfunction.) Anyway, I believe that she was too far down to make it back up. He struggled with her for a minute until her panick overtook her and she passed out. He then turned the tank back on and let her sink to the bottom.

Great news. I saw the same Dateline show. It seemed obvious to everyone who heard his story that he was lying. My heart goes out to this poor girls family.

Has an official COD been released? Here is a interrogation video from Pedinurse's link:

<iframe height="339" width="425" src="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22425001/vp/24715073#24715073" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

ETA: Is that his mother that keeps pawing and stroking him during the interview? It's annoying and creepy.

I agree about the woman in the video, probably mommy pooh. I could see a part of a little rubbing to reassure, but then it got ridiculous, she was rubbing and massaging so strongly he was swaying back and forth. It became in appropriate for the situation at hand and the circumstances of the moment. Yuck. He's a murdering liar!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevHill
Back