GUILTY Australia - Tina Watson, 26, dies on honeymoon scuba dive, QLD, 22 Oct 2003

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree about the woman in the video, probably mommy pooh. I could see a part of a little rubbing to reassure, but then it got ridiculous, she was rubbing and massaging so strongly he was swaying back and forth. It became in appropriate for the situation at hand and the circumstances of the moment. Yuck. He's a murdering liar!

Ugh, it was weird and crossing some sort of boundary. It was too intimate. Reminded me of the creepy Jackie Peterson and Scott relationship.

I'll never understand why anyone would marry someone who demanded a life insurance policy naming them. They might as well be saying, "I'm going to murder you for your money" And the sad thing is I've read this in case after case.

I saw a report on Fox News a short while ago, that showed video they took of him removing flowers from her grave. Apparently her family noticed flowers were disappearing and they set up a surveillance camera and found that he was removing the flowers. They ended up securing them with a chain or cable, and he showed up with bolt cutters, and was shown on film cutting the the device that was securing the flowers.

Is that bizarre or what? Has anyone seen or read any reports like this? :waitasec:

Nothing like doing something to draw even MORE suspicion to yourself...

Skymom

I saw a report on Fox News a short while ago, that showed video they took of him removing flowers from her grave. Apparently her family noticed flowers were disappearing and they set up a surveillance camera and found that he was removing the flowers. They ended up securing them with a chain or cable, and he showed up with bolt cutters, and was shown on film cutting the the device that was securing the flowers.

Is that bizarre or what? Has anyone seen or read any reports like this? :waitasec:

Nothing like doing something to draw even MORE suspicion to yourself...

Skymom

I would love to view that video, do you have a link? This guy has some odd behaviors.

I checked the Fox News web site and they don't have a link for this report, just an old Greta report from late May. I hit record on my DVR and I think I might have captured it, since I think it was in the last hour (my DVR can go back an hour or so, supposedly) -- but they might repeat this during the day.

Unfortunately, I have to leave for the airport in 5 minutes, so I won't have time to get back to search the recording for the clip till I get back home later this week. GRRR..

But if you watch Fox News, they might repeat the film -- it was strange...

Skymom

They're discussing this on Nancy Grace now. Her show will air again at 10 p.m. They are actually showing the Australian court's reenactment of how they think that Gabe killed her. I turned it on midway. So, I might have to watch again at 10 p.m.

I'll never understand why anyone would marry someone who demanded a life insurance policy naming them. They might as well be saying, "I'm going to murder you for your money" And the sad thing is I've read this in case after case.
I guess that she was very naive and so desperate to get married that she just overlooked it. This was probably his rude nature.

If my new husband had my life insurance policy on his mind the day before we married, that would clue me in that something wasn't right. Her gut told her something wasn't right because she discussed it with her father. I just wish that her father could have talked her out of the wedding.

Amazing...This guy got travel insurance and sued them for money. I think that I read that he got hundreds of thousands of dollars from that. What an idiot. Then, this thing with the flowers, he is pathetic. I hope that they get the last laugh.

I would have loved to have seen his face when he was told that he was not the beneficiary of his dead wife's policy. I guarantee you that he was enraged.

Is this guy in custody in Helena, AL? Helena is a small town with a very small jail. I used to live in Helena. I think that Bo Bice also lived in Helena.

So let me get this straight.

He's a certified rescuer, or whatever.

She's a novice diver.

They go diving alone, without the instructor.

The couple are seen by another diving couple, bear hugging.

She starts to get in trouble and starts to sink and rather than following to save her, (as he's supposed to be trained to do) he decides to go up and get someone else to help.

Oh, then the first divers he encounters don't get he's trying to get help,

so he has to go all the way back to the boat.

THEN, by the time he gets back to the boat,

his wife had already been rescued and was being treated on another boat.

Then, the poor guy returns home and within FIVE days has already contacted the insurance companies.

First, he finds out he isn't the beneficiary of he MILLION DOLLAR policy,

So he then goes after the trip insurer, eventhough 'scuba diving' is eliminated from coverage.

He sues and claims he was told by the travel agent it would be covered.

AFTER he was served a SW for his computer etc

He decides to drop the case against the travel agency because he doesn't want to incriminate himself.

Ok, he's done...........

Apparently he's not going to 'voluntarily' return to Australia, so, I guess they'll have to extradite him.

GOOD!!!!!

What an idiot!

Each guy thinks he's smarter than all those before him serving time for murdering their spouse. Different MO, same result.

When will it stop? :(

JMHO
fran

Fran, don't forget he was caught on camera removing the flowers from his wife's grave (for the umpteenth time!)

Fran, don't forget he was caught on camera removing the flowers from his wife's grave (for the umpteenth time!)

OhMyGosh SuziQ, I forgot about that!:mad:

What is that about!?

OK, ok, don't tell me. SHE managed to have the last word with him,(sorry, nooooo life insurance!)........so now he's TRYING to have the last word with her by NOT allowing her poor dead body buried beneath the ground, to be adorned by beauty.

Control,.......... it's all about the dam* control! :furious:

Ggrrr
fran

PS............We'll see who has control here. :rolleyes: I do NOT think it's him!:waitasec: It's called KARMA!:eek:

ya know, insurance agents should be required to report to authorities any time people ask in advance about large sums of money on their spouses. Seriously... this is ridiculous. The poor woman could've been saved!! :(

Ok, now we know why they were in the bear hug. That not only was when he allegedly turned off her air, he was making sure she couldn't reach the button to her bouyancy (sp?) control vest, which IF used, would have immediately shot them both up to the surface.

That, IMO, makes what happened even more sinister. As a new diver, she was most likely aware of this safety feature, and if she'd been conscious when she went down, all she had to do was push that button.

It's no wonder, with what has already been mentioned and this, that LE believes it's murder. The more I look, the guiltier he looks. :mad:

JMHO
fran

It's on my DVR, but I'm A/V challenged...:eek:

If anyone is interested in seeing it, and knows how to get the video from a DVR device onto a Windows PC (I'm using Vista), I'm all ears (eyes).

That creep -- too bad that innocent girl didn't pick up on the red flags before getting married to this guy -- like:

• Torturing her with the ring on the TV set
  • Spending their honeymoon on what HE likes to do
  • Getting the push to increase insurance and make HIM sole beneficiary

Skymom

I've not heard anything about the flowers on her grave. What was doing? Removing them?

skymom, you're right. The red flags were flying.

That poor girl! What I can't understand is why it's taken them 5 years to press charges. It seems so obvious that this was not an "accidental" drowning!

I've not heard anything about the flowers on her grave. What was doing? Removing them?

skymom, you're right. The red flags were flying.

In 1 article it said he was videotaped, showing him using bolt cutters to remove the flowers her family had left, survelance was started after things keep disappearing. Sad case and her family has really been put through hell trying to get justice!

VB

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaastrichtDetective
Back