Australia - Toyah Cordingley, 24, body found on beach, 22 October 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hills88

Reaction score
A murder investigation is underway after the body of a 24-year-old woman was found at Wangetti Beach, north of Cairns, in far north Queensland.

The body, which was found this morning, has been identified as that of Toyah Cordingley, a Cairns pharmacy worker who went missing yesterday with her large dog.

An SES air and sea search began in the area early this morning after family raised the alarm and pleaded for any information about her whereabouts.

The woman's car was found at the beach.

Murder investigation launched after Cairns woman Toyah Cordingley's body found on beach - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Mod addition:
Thread #1

Attachments

• 10404710-3x2-460x307.jpg
    10404710-3x2-460x307.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 22
Last edited by a moderator:
Little more info Toyah was 800m north of the southern access point and was found between the foreshore and the start of bushland, seems it could be sexually motivated :(

e6ub7a.jpg

One of the commenters in the article said this
"A lot more to this story than we are told. Wangetti is an isolated and deserted beach in the middle of nowhere. You don't go there unless you have a good reason. Walking your dog is not one of good reasons as Ellis beach is much closer to Cairns and also quite empty. Backpackers go there and naturists but nobody goes there alone as there is really only one way in and out and if someone wants to get you then you're trapped as ocean is on one side and mangroves with crocs on the other. She went there to meet someone she knew and her dog knew that person too or he would have protected her"

Woman, 24, found dead on Queensland beach as police launch a murder investigation | Daily Mail Online

Woman 'murdered' walking her dog on Far North Queensland beach

That beautiful young girl with her whole life in front of her. Makes me mad.

A post from her Facebook

"I can only imagine the rage and fear women feel to see women die doing everyday mundane things like walking home, like they do to, only to then be told it's their fault and that they need to be more careful. Stop Blaming Women Make Men The Issue".

Woman 'murdered' walking her dog on Far North Queensland beach

If Toyah was found 800 metres from the car park, along the beach, it gives me reason to believe (A) she was walking along with this person & everything turned sour at that point, or (B) She met this person on the way (AKA a stranger)... & he took advantage? any thoughts? Guess it could be either - but are there any other possibilities? I guess someone could have followed her??

Police are widening their search for a killer.
They're now wanting to speak to any cyclists who may have ridden up to the Barron River Power Station at Lake Placid on October 21st between 4 and 6pm. It's as Detectives continue to call for information into Toyah Cordingley's murder at Wangetti Beach.

Triple M Cairns

IIRC our cops asked for any dash cam footage years after Karen Ristevski went missing and we@WS said WTH? WHY?

The cops asked for any similar vehicles to come forward and again we@WS were confused. Like WHY years later.
The same happened in the Baden-clay case, the cops wanting any Captivas in the area.
Same as Spedding’s van.

I’ve learnt to reverse the question.

They aren’t really looking for other cars but IF those similar vehicles weren’t on the road then it narrows down the possibility that the vehicle they are looking for was the one seen on the footage.

Example - years later we were shown CCTV of a ‘standout’ Merc Coup travelling over railroad crossing the day Karen went missing. The cops asked for EVERY Merc in Victoria to come forward thus eliminating them all and narrowing it down to the car in question.

They just might know the vehicle and the perp is saying he wasn’t there so they could be eliminating all similar vehicles on the road that time of day.

I hope this makes sense as in hindsight you can see the method in their madness.

Maybe they have a suspect who has a good alibi where he/she was and the cops want to see any similar vehicle’s rego on the highway that day.
Or someone recalls a certain vehicle in the car park that day. Say a red VW. OK they need to see the rego of any VWs on the highway that day because you can’t trust memory 100%.
Buses and tow trucks have exceptional front and back cameras. Cycles have brilliant GoPro as well.
Maybe catching someone jumping out of a hiding place after a vehicle goes past.

Years after Karen Ristevski was murdered the cops asked for any footage & we thought the cops couldn’t solve the murder - game over.

But they actually had everything they needed and were tying all possible loose ends so they could charge him with the murder of his wife.

If your child called you to pick them up from a highway and when they got into the car they were covered in someone else’s blood OR they were partially clothed and dripping wet would you -
1). Drive straight to the police station?
2). Drive them home for a shower and a change of clothes
3). Ring a solicitor.

IMO not many hand themselves, or a loved one, in if they think there is a chance of escaping.

There certainly wasn't many cars on the road for the short time those cyclists were riding. Great film clip though.
In these cases I wonder what Toyah's murderer is doing right this minute, as you read this.

There are many longer YouTube vids with motor bikes and vehicles and in those there are many vehicles parked along the roadway admiring the scenery.

Unfortunately some posters are full throttle idiots.

I keep thinking too, from what we have heard, this crime was like a ‘hate’ crime if she was as ‘messed up’ as her father said. So to me, this is either someone who had some irrational rage flip/trip to prove a point (whatever the point) or some drug fuelled frenzy where they probably had no idea - and maybe don’t even know what they did.

If only we knew what the murder weapon was, then we would have a better idea whether it was an opportunistic or planned rape/murder. These type of offenders usually have a fantasy..sadly Toyah crossed paths with a Predator and she was in a vulnerable situation, walking alone, on a lonely beach without phone reception and possibly wearing only her bikini or something similar.

On the subject of her clothes, I can't help but wonder why they don't know what she was wearing. I have read in MSN that she "may" have changed her clothes before heading to the beach. Surely if she changed her clothes, the top and shorts seen in the CCTV while she was at Rustys Market, would be in her bedroom or home somewhere or car?? It doesn't make sense to me that they don't know if she changed clothes.

I keep thinking too, from what we have heard, this crime was like a ‘hate’ crime if she was as ‘messed up’ as her father said. So to me, this is either someone who had some irrational rage flip/trip to prove a point (whatever the point) or some drug fuelled frenzy where they probably had no idea - and maybe don’t even know what they did.
Or someone who knew her and was rejected by her.

If only we knew what the murder weapon was, then we would have a better idea whether it was an opportunistic or planned rape/murder. These type of offenders usually have a fantasy..sadly Toyah crossed paths with a Predator and she was in a vulnerable situation, walking alone, on a lonely beach without phone reception and possibly wearing only her bikini or something similar.

On the subject of her clothes, I can't help but wonder why they don't know what she was wearing. I have read in MSN that she "may" have changed her clothes before heading to the beach. Surely if she changed her clothes, the top and shorts seen in the CCTV while she was at Rustys Market, would be in her bedroom or home somewhere or car?? It doesn't make sense to me that they don't know if she changed clothes.
Good point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members