Australia - Toyah Cordingley, 24, body found on beach, 22 October 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
in this video clip around 3.02 where a friend of the family is asked "do you think that you know......" she looks so alarmed at the camera, did she think she was going to be asked who she thought did it?
im sure they all have their suspicions

Toyah's family & friends hand out bumper stickers

in this video clip around 3.02 where a friend of the family is asked "do you think that you know......" she looks so alarmed at the camera, did she think she was going to be asked who she thought did it?
im sure they all have their suspicions

Toyah's family & friends hand out bumper stickers
It was a very ‘poignant’ look... I think even 1:30 or so is another point of interest.

Last edited:
yes i agree all very distressed and raw, probably why she reacted to an unexpected question,
the community are really showing how much toyah was loved (and her family) by doing everything they can and ensuring she isnt forgotten, it must give some comfort to her poor family

If only we knew what the murder weapon was, then we would have a better idea whether it was an opportunistic or planned rape/murder. These type of offenders usually have a fantasy..sadly Toyah crossed paths with a Predator and she was in a vulnerable situation, walking alone, on a lonely beach without phone reception and possibly wearing only her bikini or something similar.

On the subject of her clothes, I can't help but wonder why they don't know what she was wearing. I have read in MSN that she "may" have changed her clothes before heading to the beach. Surely if she changed her clothes, the top and shorts seen in the CCTV while she was at Rustys Market, would be in her bedroom or home somewhere or car?? It doesn't make sense to me that they don't know if she changed clothes.

They don’t know what she was wearing because Toyah might have chosen the more secluded part of the beach to walk nude or semi nude.

There certainly wasn't many cars on the road for the short time those cyclists were riding. Great film clip though.
In these cases I wonder what Toyah's murderer is doing right this minute, as you read this.
No other vehicles as this was a controlled ride. Car behind was support car. Just showing what great go pros can do in terms of videoing

I found it interesting to look at images posted on google maps that have geo-tagged Rex Lookout at Wangetti Beach. There seems to be throngs of people stopping at that lookout spot and taking panoramic photos that take in the road and any passing vehicles. I’m sure Police have made a strong effort to find dash cams but it could be ordinary snapshots could have captured passing cars at the lookout. Link below and click on the menu see photos taken at that location:

Google Maps
(-16.6463125, 145.5654375)
Google + code:
9H38+F5 Wangetti, Queensland, Australia

Eg of photos posted from this location:
Google Maps

Last edited:

Homicide detectives have renewed their calls for information on Cairns woman Toyah Cordingley's murder.

If you were travelling along the Captain Cook Highway at Clifton Beach between 5:02pm and 5:07pm on Sunday the 21st of October and see your car in this video- please call CrimeStoppers on 1800 333 000 or call Police Link on 131 444.

Homicide detectives have renewed their calls for information on Cairns woman Toyah Cordingley's murder.

If you were travelling along the Captain Cook Highway at Clifton Beach between 5:02pm and 5:07pm on Sunday the 21st of October and see your car in this video- please call CrimeStoppers on 1800 333 000 or call Police Link on 131 444.
Wow! That seems so specific, and if I dare to say so, very finite. I hope we have an arrest soon.
Link to SMH story accompanying LE video release:
https://www.smh.com.au/national/que...-asked-to-contact-police-20181128-p50ivg.html

Last edited:
Last edited:
Why such a specific time though? Have they identified every other car out of that time frame? *feeling hopeful*

IMO - They seemed to have numbered every car traveling south, if they had identified other cars they would have to be outside that time frame.

For the time frame to be so specific, I'd have to guess they have something and they need confirmation. What that is I have no idea.

“The investigator did, however, confirm the offender’s car may be among those shown.

“We can’t rule that out," Sonia Smith said.

“It’s possible that if the offender traveled south from Wangetti that they may have traveled through this area."

CCTV released: 70 vehicles whose drivers are sought in Toyah's murder investigation

Edited to add: and of course in the background of all that southbound traffic we see plenty of northbound traffic...
Intriguing...I kind of think they have someone in the frame for this and are lining up their ducks...

Hi
I can think of a reason why the police have made this call. They already have a potential sighting or information about a particular POI’s vehicle on the hwy (via a witness/a, cctv, or dashcam footage) and are seeking further evidence to confirm the POI was travelling on the highway at that time via dashcam or eyewitness accounts from the vehicles identified in the released footage. If they already have a particular POI then they would have taken an account from that person as to his whereabouts that arvo/ evening, which, if he is the perpetrator trying to evade capture, no doubt falsely puts him far away for this area. If they can get further evidence to prove he was travelling in the highway at this time and it in no way accords with his account of the day then they a piece of strong evidence that brings them closer to arrest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx