Australia - Toyah Cordingley, 24, body found on beach, 22 October 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are some things I’m hopeful about:
-The very precise nature of the highway footage. 5 mins in quite a long period between the last sighting of Toyah and her discovery. There is a very good reason that the police have been able to pinpoint that corner, at that time. With all the innocent folk coming forward and being eliminated and footage from other cctv cameras to the north and south giving other folk alibis...well, I feel that there must be a funneling of information that is slow but steady.
-In my opinion, Aussie police have always held their cards close to their chests. And in general, Australians - particularly those advised to not to share information - are less likely to to flaunt themselves to media or on SM. There are some notable exceptions in this case but, like I say, sometimes AUS police don’t even reveal details to families...
-If there is a very strong circumstantial case, a strong legal case with DNA comparisons and forensic matching for fibres etc can really slow down the process...

I am sad it’s taking so long for an arrest but I’m keeping my fingers crossed that there is much happening behind the scenes...

Felt like we needed a morale boost here :)

Last edited:
Me too!! I think it's unethical considering they're quite a small community and it's one of their own that has been brutally murdered, you would think they would want to do everything in their power they could to help find the killer. As far as I'm concerned, they have a social responsibility here.
Totally agree with you!

Thought this may be a helpful, interesting read (Profiling a Murderer) would love to hear your ideas about the main points:

What happened?
What was the motive?
Why did it happen?

This too: Serial Murder Profiling: Our Contemporary Understanding

“in a “typical” murder, the murderer is well known to the victim, in the majority of serial murder cases, there is no previous association between the two, which complicates locating the murderer. The second problem is that the majority of serial murderers are seemingly normal people; they have jobs, they are well-known neighbors, some even have families. Therefore, the likelihood that they would be suspected of criminal behavior is rather low.”

Last edited:
"But someone took it upon themselves to brutally murder her and bury her on the beach pictured behind her in picture 2" ( the pic of T walking along the beach with her dog from Darren's post )

Must of hung around for awhile after the murder to "bury" her?
I never heard before that she was ‘buried ‘ .. mus5 have just been covered with sand and bushes - couldn’t be too deep , I wonder if her body was placed on beach at night .

Good point JLZ. I wonder if he/they were disturbed or heard a noise and needed to make a hasty get-away, therefore leaving unfinished business (the dog).
Or if they tied the dog up because she would go to people who knew her name who would be calling her and would lead them to her.
I am sure that it is someone known to her.

i think if it was somebody who knew toyah and her dog it would make sense to tie the dog up so it didnt follow them back, and maybe they covered her a little with sand out of respect or because they felt guilt, or the wind could have blown sand on her, but those actions seem contradictory to the reported state of injuries to toyah which sounds like a frenzied attack where she is also possibly left without clothes for whoever to find?

i think if it was somebody who knew toyah and her dog it would make sense to tie the dog up so it didnt follow them back, and maybe they covered her a little with sand out of respect or because they felt guilt, or the wind could have blown sand on her, but those actions seem contradictory to the reported state of injuries to toyah which sounds like a frenzied attack where she is also possibly left without clothes for whoever to find?
Saying ‘buried her in the sand’ doesn’t sound like wind blowing some sand over though. I think the police should bring those two back in and interview them again.

Interesting that he didn't kill the dog too. One way to make sure it didn't follow him. Although I've wondered whether the dog was supposed to have been hanged/strangulated (if it really was tied so that it couldn't sit down), but the rope stretched a little, the tree bent.

I never heard before that she was ‘buried ‘ .. mus5 have just been covered with sand and bushes - couldn’t be too deep , I wonder if her body was placed on beach at night .

Have you ever tried to dig a hole or cover something with dry sand? It near impossible without a shovel.
With a shovel it’s near impossible.
I doubt Toyah was reallyburied.

Yes Vail, However msm/police have never said she was partially buried. If she was partially buried, I'd say it was probably leaves from the trees. But then these people tampered with a crime scene, so we don't know what was lost in that. Police don't like anyone to disturb a crime scene, no matter what. And if her dog was really found the night before, that again is another crime scene tampered with. Police must be annoyed at all of that.

Interesting that he didn't kill the dog too. One way to make sure it didn't follow him. Although I've wondered whether the dog was supposed to have been hanged/strangulated (if it really was tied so that it couldn't sit down), but the rope stretched a little, the tree bent.
I found my cat one morning with her collar in a tree and her dangling from it. The more he struggled, the more it obviously hurt. Luckily cat had sense to just dangle like a Christmas tree bauble until I found him in the morning. But had he panicked, could have easily strangled himself.

Yes Vail, However msm/police have never said she was partially buried. If she was partially buried, I'd say it was probably leaves from the trees. But then these people tampered with a crime scene, so we don't know what was lost in that. Police don't like anyone to disturb a crime scene, no matter what. And if her dog was really found the night before, that again is another crime scene tampered with. Police must be annoyed at all of that.
Annoyed with the family for looking for their lost child and finding her? Discovering a crime isn't tampering with a crime scene. Anywhere could be an undiscovered crime scene.

Maybe he was a dog lover who restrained dog just enough to keep it from following him. Maybe his only anger was directed at Toyah.
And very easy to simply kick a few leaves over Toyah. Would only take a second. That could be seen as her being buried. But until today I had not heard anything about being buried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amandalent