Australia - Toyah Cordingley, 24, body found on beach, 22 October 2018 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just watched that heartbreaking video again, where Toyah's mum talks about their family, the moment they found Toyah, etc.
In that video, at about 6:28 she says "Snake, Jack and I made the decision to see Toyah one last time, so I could get some closure saying our final good byes. We went together, and we were glad we did even if it made me more confused and less wanting to accept this reality."
I now wonder again about Toyah's condition when she was found by her dad and about her injuries. I always had imagined that she must have been disfigured, maybe beaten in the face violently or something like that. (Poor Sophie Colombet who was violently murdered in Brisbane a few years ago, basically beaten to death and left in a total mess, by that guy who was high on drugs comes into my mind here). I think I thought that because it was said that Toyah suffered "violent, visible injuries" and her dad sad that "she was messed up". It doesn't fit with Vanessa saying, seeing Toyah made her more confused and less wanting to accept this reality. That sounds more like injuries elsewhere. Not the face/head. It sound like Toyah might have looked like she was sleeping when they saw her in the morgue for that last, sad goodbye.
So, maybe no killing by someone high on drugs, not even remembering what he did? Something very personal maybe? Someone who thought he loved her, but killing her so no one else can have her, but leaving her beautiful face intact? What are your thoughts about this?

It's amazing what a good Mortuary make up artist can do these days.

Maybe her face wasn't messed up, only her body if Police think it looked like a sexual assault.

Who could that be?
Chief Inspector Gary Jubelin?
What about Inspector Gadget
I'm so happy! this is brilliant news. Police cycling hey? Who'd of thought. The killer didn't think they'd be there bahaha. I feel an arrest coming on! so much yay!!!! And justice for Toyah :)
This is old news they are rehashing. Dated 28/11

If Toyah was buried then her clothes might have been buried closeby so I'm hoping the cadaver dogs were bought in the check the surounding dunes.

Toyah was found quickly and above the surf waterline so any disturbance of the sand would've still been there.
Say, drag marks, tyre tracks, foot prints, cigarette butts.....
If it was dry sand all the prints wouldn't have been perfect but they should have shown car tracks, the width of the tracks (vehicle type), amount of foot prints and if there was a camp site around.
Depends on how much was disturbed in the find of Toyah by family before police could declare it a crime scene

im very curious about the white d-max iirc car #21 in the released footage.
I dont think it is a coincidence it is slowed down for our vantage point.
its also approx the middle of the footage.
LE would be well aware that people would talk and wonder why this car is deliberately slowed down.

creating some public exposure and pressure maybe ??

moo

im very curious about the white d-max iirc car #21 in the released footage.
I dont think it is a coincidence it is slowed down for our vantage point.
its also approx the middle of the footage.
LE would be well aware that people would talk and wonder why this car is deliberately slowed down.

creating some public exposure and pressure maybe ??

moo

There are a few spots where cars are slowed down, this one I think was stopped at the lights (over the line). I could be wrong though.

I just watched that heartbreaking video again, where Toyah's mum talks about their family, the moment they found Toyah, etc.
In that video, at about 6:28 she says "Snake, Jack and I made the decision to see Toyah one last time, so I could get some closure saying our final good byes. We went together, and we were glad we did even if it made me more confused and less wanting to accept this reality."
I now wonder again about Toyah's condition when she was found by her dad and about her injuries. I always had imagined that she must have been disfigured, maybe beaten in the face violently or something like that. (Poor Sophie Colombet who was violently murdered in Brisbane a few years ago, basically beaten to death and left in a total mess, by that guy who was high on drugs comes into my mind here). I think I thought that because it was said that Toyah suffered "violent, visible injuries" and her dad sad that "she was messed up". It doesn't fit with Vanessa saying, seeing Toyah made her more confused and less wanting to accept this reality. That sounds more like injuries elsewhere. Not the face/head. It sound like Toyah might have looked like she was sleeping when they saw her in the morgue for that last, sad goodbye.
So, maybe no killing by someone high on drugs, not even remembering what he did? Something very personal maybe? Someone who thought he loved her, but killing her so no one else can have her, but leaving her beautiful face intact? What are your thoughts about this?
I think that wording is odd too - or just confused that someone could actually do this horrible crime? Or confused no apparent injuries? Which flies in the face of report of ‘visible and violent’.

EdIT ignore me I take that back. There is another image of her, at Wangetti at Rex lookout.

Edit again! Back to my original the image of her on the beach with indie walking in Bikini it is Wangetti. So she did walk along the beach there. This confirms to me it was someone she knew and who knew her movements.... I wonder who took the image of her walking on the beach? I know who took the one at Rex... someone who owns a car similar to what I mentioned earlier.

Last edited:
I think that wording is odd too - or just confused that someone could actually do this horrible crime? Or confused no apparent injuries? Which flies in the face of report of ‘visible and violent’.
I tend to agree KatKat in terms of Toyah’s mother feeling confused in that how her beautiful daughter who was loved & adored by so many people was brutally murdered :(
That’s how I interpreted the confused comment anyhow.

Last edited:
In terms of the cars, I believe the perp has either gone through the intersection and pulled over, perhaps for petrol. All those cars going by may have driven straight by, perhaps they are unloading/packing/shuffling things around. Then headed off either north or south.

Last edited:
In terms of the cars, I believe the perp has either gone through the intersection and pulled over, perhaps for petrol. All those cars going by may have driven straight by, perhaps they are unloading/packing/shuffling things around. Then headed off either north back to lake placid area or south having already discarded evidence.
Lake Placid is south of CCTV footage location, north is heading back towards Wangetti.

6 days since the Police released the images of 68 vehicles. I wonder how many of the drivers have come forward by now. I'm hopeful that we will hear of an arrest soon or at least a POI pulled in for questioning.

I share your hope seekingjustice, I also applaud the way QLD police & Detective Inspector Sonia Smith are leading this investigation. Cairns is a tight community & I have no doubt between both the police & community, justice will be served.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member