Australia - Toyah Cordingley, 24, body found on beach, 22 October 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes! I am never going to be 'anti men' and I hate it when you see news headlines saying things like 'men are the problem' every time a poor woman is murdered. I talk about it with my soon to be husband all the time (even this morning). He is such a gentleman, and his father is beautiful, the kindest sweetest man you could ever meet. And then look at Toyah's family. Her dad hasn't said much but his pain is clear to see. Her step-dad posts a lot on FB, he clearly loved her, and that man that is always in the news who seems to be some sort of community leader. You can see he is crushed by her death. I would never blame good men for what some monsters do. I sometimes think that I don't even know if they're human, the people who do things like this. I just think what kind of person does that? Not anyone who is normal, and that's a different conversation.

A lot of crimes like this are repeat offenders. We have been saying for so long already that the judicial system needs an overhaul, and nothing ever gets done about it. Rape and abuse type crimes need a much much harsher penalty.

I've seen a case where a guy got let off, by a female judge, for raping a young teenage girl in an alley behind a club and even sodomising her I believe:

Redirect Notice
The last line of the article "I agree i was not a gentleman" ... even the judge agrees she was upset and he didn't help her...

I'm not in that loop but my guess is a lot of violence comes from Cocaine, Ice and Steroids.
Whatever, there is a lot of anger 'out there.'
Having been a victim of road rage I try to avoid eye-contact with any other driver at all times. You don't know who you are dealing with.

Now, I'm talking about 'out there.' Imagine having to live with it.

Get your sling-shots ready; I'm calling Toyah's case cold. It is just a tough, tough case.
I'll be happy to be proven wrong at any minute of any day.

Get your sling-shots ready; I'm calling Toyah's case cold. It is just a tough, tough case.
I think you’re right too... there’s been no update with the cars which I think they hoped would put pressure on people to come forward rather than wait to be caught. I can’t fathom how it can have taken this long if they had some clear vision of suspect/s. So disappointing.

I think you’re right too... there’s been no update with the cars which I think they hoped would put pressure on people to come forward rather than wait to be caught. I can’t fathom how it can have taken this long if they had some clear vision of suspect/s. So disappointing.

Hardly think Toyah could be called a cold case. It has really only been a few weeks. And you can't expect police to make any comments about the cars yet. 70 cars leads to a lot of follow up. Police are simply making a watertight case. The hardly need to be reporting back to us all the time. Trust and wait.

KatKat, they referred to it as the 'suspicious' death of Toyah in the recent appeal. Could the autopsy have been inconclusive? I have a feeling this isn't going to be solved quickly. We might be waiting years for an arrest :(

BBM Is that in Australia? We do have gender based violence - men are more likely to be violent.

Well, we do have men who kill women, yes. But the vast majority of the gender killed by males are in fact males, so if we do have a gender-based violence issue, it's related to the perpetrator being male, not the victim being female.

Homicide cases are always open; never closed. Perpetrators often 'talk' years after the crime.

We know that after the first 48 hours the chances of solving a case are halved. After that it gets more and more difficult.
I will happily do cartwheels

Well, we do have men who kill women, yes. But the vast majority of the gender killed by males are in fact males, so if we do have a gender-based violence issue, it's related to the perpetrator being male, not the victim being female.
It's related to the males being perpetrators.

I'm not in that loop but my guess is a lot of violence comes from Cocaine, Ice and Steroids.
Whatever, there is a lot of anger 'out there.'
Having been a victim of road rage I try to avoid eye-contact with any other driver at all times. You don't know who you are dealing with.

Now, I'm talking about 'out there.' Imagine having to live with it.

There has always been lots of violence against women. Long before Coke and steroids and ice. It is not a new thing.

Oh, so male killers don't take sides? They kill more males than females? How kind of them. Just listen to yourself. Men are not really bad because they kill more men than women?

Link Please.

This would be appreciated for everyone quoting statistics without a link for confirmation.

We don't know for sure if it was a Male that killed Toyah.

So can we please stop all the Male Hate and also the reverse argument.

I understand that the probability is that it was a male, but this thread is about Toyah and until we know these conversations are useless IMO.

Link Please.

This would be appreciated for everyone quoting statistics without a link for confirmation.
Don't associate me with the rest of Rock's argument, but I can give you a link for the gender of murder victims claim:

The majority (70%) of victims of Murder were male (141 victims). Less than a third of Murder victims in 2017 were female (30% or 61 victims), this was the lowest number recorded since the beginning of the time series in 2010.
4510.0 - Recorded Crime - Victims, Australia, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member