Australia - Toyah Cordingley, 24, body found on beach, 22 October 2018 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
News reports have now stated where Singh flew into in India and where his family there live. One report said Singh was close to the Pakistan border and if he crosses into Pakistan Australia will need to negotiate his arrest and extradition with Pakistan where it doesn’t have an agreement, like with India. I think he’ll find it hard to survive and hide given the profile of this case and with Interpol.

My mind is a bit blown with the lack of information from Police to the public. Phone records would have been made available fairly quickly, so why has it taken since 23 October till now really for this all to come to light (and in the way it has). And the Police were telling the family the had no news, when in fact, they did. I also think in light of the information the Police DID have, they should have been more forthright in saying immediate family and friends were NOT POI. I’d be pretty p#%^ed off all round if I was the family, between the media and the police. If they have DNA, surely they can get a match from family members? Poor poor Toyah, what a sickening tragic waste of life. And if this guys father followed him, where’s he!? He should be giving updates to the Police. All round x^%#.

It’s normal for police to withhold details even from family whilst they build their case. It’s a difficult part of the job, but necessary imo. I would guess that the police felt that they had a better chance of locating the suspect whilst the spotlight wasn’t on him and his family. Trying to hold off for as long as possible so as not to spook him more. They may have been even hoping that in time he would make contact with someone close to him back in Australia. Fingers crossed the media haven’t messed things up.

The police aren’t releasing info as they are still gathering enough watertight evidence to make the arrest. They probably knew it was Singh ages ago, or suspected. Singh however was long gone and they haven’t been able to speak with him yet. Remember the police conference where they stated the area of interest extended to Cardwell? That was intriguing, but now we can speculate it was covering both sides of Innisfail. Remember the red car parked at Rusty’s that Toyah walked past in the CCTV footage? Compare it to the red car that’s no. 3 in that 70 cars in 5 minutes video QPS released. It’s possibly the same car.

I also noticed the red car, most of the videos I've seen show it , both parked & then as number 3..............are media trying to point it out without saying??

I also noticed the red car, most of the videos I've seen show it , both parked & then as number 3..............are media trying to point it out without saying??
Looking back at the police updates, you can see a little more what they are suggesting. It seemed the perps car was in that line-up and they were wanting dashcam or visual memory of where the perps car went. So they’d particularly need cars driving behind the perp. If I’m right about the red car, it was third in line, meaning 67 cars were behind it and possibly witnessed its route. If it’s the same car at Rusty’s, then he’s possibly met her there, caught sight of her and maybe followed her. He may have struck up a convo in which she mentioned taking her dog for a walk at Wangetti. All possible.

The police aren’t releasing info as they are still gathering enough watertight evidence to make the arrest. They probably knew it was Singh ages ago, or suspected. Singh however was long gone and they haven’t been able to speak with him yet. Remember the police conference where they stated the area of interest extended to Cardwell? That was intriguing, but now we can speculate it was covering both sides of Innisfail. Remember the red car parked at Rusty’s that Toyah walked past in the CCTV footage? Compare it to the red car that’s no. 3 in that 70 cars in 5 minutes video QPS released. It’s possibly the same car.

Welcome Rocket333, great first posts :)

News reports have now stated where Singh flew into in India and where his family there live. One report said Singh was close to the Pakistan border and if he crosses into Pakistan Australia will need to negotiate his arrest and extradition with Pakistan where it doesn’t have an agreement, like with India. I think he’ll find it hard to survive and hide given the profile of this case and with Interpol.

Pakistan can extradite to Australia. I was looking at this earlier today when I realised how close he may be to the Pakistan border.
It is done through something called the London Scheme which encompasses Commonwealth countries. I believe it is a bit more convoluted than a bilateral extradition agreement, but it can be done.

Although Australia has existing extradition relationships with Bangladesh, Pakistan and India through the London Scheme .....
https://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentar...bruary2010/treaties/india_extradition_nia.pdf

Last edited:
Toyah’s personal belongings are alleged to have been recovered from Lake Placid & Moody Creek.
Impey Street at Caravonica was also a focal point, with residents, drivers & cyclists asked to report any weird behaviour. This is near Lske Placid. I reckon the perp drove down the highway from Wangetti, turned off at Caravonica and dumped stuff at Lake Placid and Moody Creek before heading home.

I actually started wondering today if the police are now using the media to pressure Singh and his family. I noticed in a few articles that the media are now mentioning police sources.

Eg:
According to a police source, investigators are searching for Indian national Rajwinder Singh, who was working as a nurse in Innisfail and travelled to India the day after Ms Cordingley was murdered.
Neighbours of Toyah Cordingley person of interest in disbelief

I actually started wondering today if the police are now using the media to pressure Singh and his family. I noticed in a few articles that the media are now mentioning police sources.

Eg:
According to a police source, investigators are searching for Indian national Rajwinder Singh, who was working as a nurse in Innisfail and travelled to India the day after Ms Cordingley was murdered.
Neighbours of Toyah Cordingley person of interest in disbelief
Well the media have got some pretty specific info from somewhere haven’t they?! Informant? Channel 7 said they were sitting on the info for two weeks. Where did they get it from? Toyah’s family said the police let them know before any developments are public ally released, but they weren’t told about the Raj Singh development before it hit the news. Pressure on his family to help locate him maybe? Or just a leak that shouldn’t have happened?

From memory India and Pakistan have a pretty hostile relationship which has forced both countries to construct a heavily guarded border which consists of barbed wire and electric fencing, armed guards and CCTV. Where a fence could not be constructed the terrain is very difficult to cross, not to mention if anyone was found to be crossing the border illegally they would most likely be killed.

I think he would be found fairly quickly if he was to cross over, I don't think Pakistan would have any hesitations to hand him in.

Yes, I'm sure the local Innisfail folk have quickly discovered who it is:
-In a town of less than 8000
-A nurse who left his life without warning
-An Indian national in a town that is 5% Indian born (The latest census does not give info re 1st-, 2nd- etc generation Australians born of Indian decent who have retained Indian National status so this number could be a lot higher)

I found this while digging and wonder if it could be a prior:
Innisfail detectives seek witnesses - Rankin Street April 22 - Far North

Last edited:
Rocket333, a few pages back I had a rant about the media as they clearly showed their home and it’s so easily recognisable. I don’t think it’s a good idea to post their address here. After all, the POI‘s wife and children probably haven’t done anything wrong and need some protection. Please consider removing your last post.

Interesting from the 7 News Twitter report...
  • Wife asked him where he was going and he told her he’d be back tomorrow..
  • Visited the local Sikh temple on the day he left Australia, the day after the murder

An Indian man killed a person in Australia by a hit and run, then fled to India. That was 10 years ago and he’s still hiding there. I don’t know how differently the authorities work there? But I hear it’s not easy to extradite from there to here.

I’m going to guess the ‘visble bite marks and scratches’ this man had made him flee asap.

Last edited:
An Indian man killed a person in Australia by a hit and run, then fled to India. That was 10 years ago and he’s still hiding there. I don’t know how differently the authorities work there? But I hear it’s not easy to extradite from there to here.
They do know where he is because he was arrested in India 4 years after he fled to India but...

"Puneet was on bail and awaiting sentence after pleading guilty to culpable driving when he fled Australia in 2009 using a friend’s passport. He was arrested four years later in India, on his wedding day and has been fighting against extradition since.

His lawyer, Kanhaiya Kumar Singhal has claimed variously that Puneet is schizophrenic, suicidal, mentally disturbed and has serious kidney problems and other ailments. But a panel of doctors at the Institute of Human Behaviour and Applied Sciences in New Delhi has deemed him to be mentally sound."

5 November 2018:
https://www.smh.com.au/world/asia/r...extradition-to-australia-20181105-p50e6k.html

I could be wrong but they both look like 2013/2014 Hyundai I30’s - I thought the two in the photos were different colours, but it turns out they only came out in Fiery Red, so these two could well be the same.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18
Back