Australia - Toyah Cordingley, 24, body found on beach, 22 October 2018 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From everything I"ve read, the DNA of RS wasn't found under Toyah's fingernails or anywhere on her body.
Or on her dogs leash.

I don't know what to think anymore ?

The court also heard that the DNA on some of the evidence was "inhibited or degraded" before it was sent to a New Zealand laboratory.

New Zealand-based senior forensic scientist Jayshree Patel examined DNA evidence from Ms Cordingley, the beach and a sports shoe.

Ms Patel said some results were "just on the borderline" of degradation but that she was able to "clean" some of the samples that a Queensland laboratory had found to be too degraded.

"What you can do is do some clean-up steps which can improve the quality of the sample," she told the court.

She said she was confident in her results but was unable to explain why the samples were of a low quality.

I don't have much faith in the QLD's forensic lab.

From everything I"ve read, the DNA of RS wasn't found under Toyah's fingernails or anywhere on her body.
Or on her dogs leash.

I don't know what to think anymore ?
Same..I’m worried dna evidence was not collected properly and the case against RS will get thrown out. I sincerely hope not. We all saw those scratches on his neck area when he was at the airport..

Just IMO ONLY

I don't remember them. Could they have been from the dog?
To be fair, the photos were not very clear. According to witnesses he was seen with scratch marks around that area just before he flew to India.
Honestly I’m very confused about it all now. Will be very interesting to see what else comes out when trial starts. All I hope is this poor young girl and her family do get justice

I don't remember anything about scratches on him.
There was something at the time, which will be cited on early threads, that RS’s phone triangulated with Toyah’s at Wangetti Beach and then he was captured on cctv driving near Lake Placid, possibly dumping clothing IIRC and items, and then driving home to Innisfail. Someone allegedly saw a scratch or two on his face at that time. He nicked off to India via his sisters place in Sydney overnight (?) the next day. Not the actions of an innocent man, especially given he left dependents (wife and very young kids, maybe even a baby).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ery810
Back