Australia - Toyah Cordingley, 24, body found on beach, 22 October 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh the tyre story/ car angle is interesting... maybe they were driving on the beach or somewhere you shouldn’t be driving and she was walking there and was hit? And the rough terrain snagged their car tyre and they’ve freaked out about what happened - they stopped to see if she was ok, she wasn’t... and one of them has tied up the dog then??? But that doesn’t account for the Police angle of ‘anyone with injuries’ line of questioning.

Oh the tyre story/ car angle is interesting... maybe they were driving on the beach or somewhere you shouldn’t be driving and she was walking there and was hit? And the rough terrain snagged their car tyre and they’ve freaked out about what happened - they stopped to see if she was ok, she wasn’t... and one of them has tied up the dog then??? But that doesn’t account for the Police angle of ‘anyone with injuries’ line of questioning.

From the linked Brisbane Times article above (linked by Pi Thoughts) and BBM:

"Detectives have spoken with the two men and they have been accounted for," he said.

The spokesman said police also made no note of the men being "agitated" and their main focus was to track down a family, two adults and two children,, who spoke to a couple with a dachshund in the southern car park at Wangetti Beach about 1.20pm on October 21.

"Even though the report says the family we have been looking for has been found, this is incorrect," he said.

"We are still searching for the family who might be able to help us with investigations and police are continuing to appeal for information.

"These types of incorrect reports really doesn't help us."

It's odd but perfectly feasible that the mystery family on the beach have not been identified. It's likely that the family may not be up to date with news and current events.

In any case it sure is odd that they haven't been prompted by others to come forward. Which leads me to believe that it's unlikely that they are locals or still remained in the region for long. Nor that they have made anyone aware that they visited the beach.

E.g. "How was your weekend / trip?" "We went to the beach and had a picnic" . "What beach? There was a murder!" Etc, or a conversation to that effect.

... Tl;dr If the family are locals they must really be living under a rock!

Presumably LE are analysing whatever dash cams they have been given to identify potential witnesses as well as potential suspects.

Last edited:
“Local secret Wangetti Beach is just north of Palm Cove in Tropical North Queensland. Running from Slip Cliff Point to Red Cliff Point, the 4km of almost straight coastline has no facilities, with only a carpark on either end of the beach and a stretch of highway connecting them.

When visiting Wangetti Beach, it is a must to stop by the southern end as this raw patch stunning and untouched coastline has been naturally eroded, leaving a quirky pebble stone covered section of the beach. You can build stone towers or try your hand at skipping the stones across the water, climb across and adventure through the pebbled mounts, or simply checkout the unique scenery.”

Wangetti Beach - Attraction - Queensland

Her blue Mitsubishi Lancer was found 800 metres from her body, where she had parked it before taking her dog for a walk on the sand.

Police said they are following four main lines of inquiry.

They wish to speak to the family who picnicked on the beach the day Ms Cordingley was murdered, for members of the public to report anyone with unexplained injuries or missing clothes, and for anyone who took photographs on the beach to hand them over to investigators.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.9news.com.au/article/de1e10ee-c6ad-41c5-ac45-faf95e91dbd5

800 metres - so fairly close to the southern car park then, considering the beach is 4km long.

This is brazen - it’s broad daylight and although isolated it appears to be a popular tourist spot so there would be people around, as the police have noted. I have seen the main focus is to track down a family, two adults and two children, who spoke to a couple with a dachshund in the southern car park at Wangetti Beach about 1.20pm on October 21.

Preliminary information indicates they left the area at about 1.30pm, and may have seen something of interest.

Update 5: Homicide, Wangetti Beach - Queensland Police News

Her car was seen driving past Clifton Beach, near Palm Cove, about 2pm and then again at the southern end of Wangetti Beach.

So family is important as they look to have left just before Toyah arrived and they may
have seen if anyone was behaving strangely.

Qld woman stabbed while taking out bin - 9News

“A woman has been stabbed repeatedly while taking out her rubbish bin in Townsville.

A man with a knife attacked the 35-year-old outside her Pimlico home on Wednesday night, leaving her with extensive wounds to her chest and arms.

Police say the pair do not know each other and the attack appears to be random.”

Townsville about 4.5 hours away from Cairns.

Qld woman stabbed while taking out bin - 9News

“A woman has been stabbed repeatedly while taking out her rubbish bin in Townsville.

A man with a knife attacked the 35-year-old outside her Pimlico home on Wednesday night, leaving her with extensive wounds to her chest and arms.

Police say the pair do not know each other and the attack appears to be random.”

Townsville about 4.5 hours away from Cairns.

The police really seem at a loss as to who may have murdered Toyah, I can see how a crime like this may be of importance if it is a random perp who is now feeling more confident to commit such a crime in such a public area.

It's odd but perfectly feasible that the mystery family on the beach have not been identified. It's likely that the family may not be up to date with news and current events.

Maybe the family was heading up north for 4WD trip on the peninsula, or they were heading for a fishing cruise on the reef and are therefore simply not aware of what has happened shortly after they left the beach. When that Tasmanian lady was attacked by a shark a few weeks ago around Hamilton Is. and that young girl from Melbourne the day after, I remember that quite a few people on boats in the same area said they hadn't been aware that there had been severe shark attacks, as they hadn't listened to any news.

In any case it sure is odd that they haven't been prompted by others to come forward. Which leads me to believe that it's unlikely that they are locals or still remained in the region for long. Nor that they have made anyone aware that they visited the beach.

E.g. "How was your weekend / trip?" "We went to the beach and had a picnic" . "What beach? There was a murder!" Etc, or a conversation to that effect.

... Tl;dr If the family are locals they must really be living under a rock!

Presumably LE are analysing whatever dash cams they have been given to identify potential witnesses as well as potential suspects.

I agree, this family may be on a road trip, home schooling etc - but not looking at the news. I can't fathom they would be locals & not know about Toyah....

The police really seem at a loss as to who may have murdered Toyah, I can see how a crime like this may be of importance if it is a random perp who is now feeling more confident to commit such a crime in such a public area.
It seems that way, but in some respects they may have a suspect (or 2 or more) but just need a bit of collaboration? Backing up their forensics? Gosh, I hope this doesn't turn out similar to William Tyrell's case. I guess, in this case ,they have her body & have been able to place her to rest - so there's some peace for her dear family, and many more clues (with finding her in situ) to hopefully to catch her killer/s

Until I started working in the field I do now, this behaviour would have surprised me, but it doesn't now, some people choose not to come forward, some may go into denial, out of sight out of mind, do not want to 'involve' themselves, 'none of my business', may have a negative opinion of police and do not want to assist, want to avoid the public eye, may fear for their own safety... however to maintain my hopeful perception of humanity....I hope it is that they just have not had access to the news :p
I agree, this family may be on a road trip, home schooling etc - but not looking at the news. I can't fathom they would be locals & not know about Toyah....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro