Australia - Toyah Cordingley, 24, body found on beach, 22 October 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
another reason she may have taken her boyfriends dog to that lonely beach could be because it may be timid around other dogs and much happier where it could just run freely?
usually by now police would have checked family and friends alibis and ruled them out as suspects, do they usually make a public statement if so? or is that only if theres msm speculation like there was in william tyrrells case or jill meaghers death?
i dont believe her family or friends have harmed her at all just wondering whether police will announce anything? i guess in a way they have by saying theres a killer still on the loose?

Police don't always say if they have ruled out family or not. True, they do look firstly at the family, then work their way out eg Jill M. case in Melbourne. However in the Baden-Clay case they suspected the husband immediately, but public were told family were not suspected. Turns out it was the husband all along. Police have their reasons for what they tell/don't tell the public, so we never can be sure.

the dog did stay with her though, someone tied it up metres from her body

Then that puzzles me even more. Surely the dog would have made some noise that would have alerted people. If dog was uncomfortable, it would have whimpered or howled or made some noise. Not even a passive dog would do nothing. Unless dog was used to this person/method of being tired up. IMOO.

This investigation is starting to worry me.
It is often stated that if a crime isn't solved in the first 48 hours then the chance of an arrest is halved.
We are a long way past the first 48 hours.

For those that know the area well; why would Toyah drive past a few other beaches to get to the one where her life ended?
I'm wondering if it might have been an off leash beach whereas the others were on leash.

I get the feeling we aren't getting the full picture here.

Then that puzzles me even more. Surely the dog would have made some noise that would have alerted people. If dog was uncomfortable, it would have whimpered or howled or made some noise. Not even a passive dog would do nothing. Unless dog was used to this person/method of being tired up. IMOO.

There might not have been people around at the time...to hear the dog?

This investigation is starting to worry me.
It is often stated that if a crime isn't solved in the first 48 hours then the chance of an arrest is halved.
We are a long way past the first 48 hours.

For those that know the area well; why would Toyah drive past a few other beaches to get to the one where her life ended?
I'm wondering if it might have been an off leash beach whereas the others were on leash.

I get the feeling we aren't getting the full picture here.

It's not officially an off leash beach, but one reason she may go there is because it's quiet perhaps at the southern end? MOO, from what i've read so far. The northern end is possibly busier due to people stopping & having a go with the rock balances & rock skipping...? MOO

Dog off-leash areas - Cairns Regional Council

maybe that beach was her or the dogs favourite, the easy parking, seclusion, sand dunes and long stretches for the dog to bound along without anyone there, a good peaceful place to think?or part of her rotation of beaches she took the dogs to?
so sad a woman cant go and enjoy a secluded beach without fearing for and losing her life, because a man chooses to end that joy! what a shocking waste of life!

maybe that beach was her or the dogs favourite, the easy parking, seclusion, sand dunes and long stretches for the dog to bound along without anyone there, a good peaceful place to think?or part of her rotation of beaches she took the dogs to?
so sad a woman cant go and enjoy a secluded beach without fearing for and losing her life, because a man chooses to end that joy! what a shocking waste of life!
So true for me too BB - if i don't go to a specific dog beach, then i go to one as u describe. It's just easier to let the dog off lead without too many worries if it's kinda secluded. Especially if it's a good dog, which i have the feeling her boyfriends dog is. Just MOO. My dog prefers off leash. Yes so sad this can happen to women...

I walk my dog twice a day. Because of the world we live in I'm always on alert for anyone my gut instinct is telling me to be wary off.
I tend to go to some isolated areas too. I have had a couple of scares over the years.

I just hope the police find the poor excuse for a human being that finished Toyah's life.
I might add I would like to see much tougher sentences in Australia for these predators.

I walk my dog twice a day. Because of the world we live in I'm always on alert for anyone my gut instinct is telling me to be wary off.
I tend to go to some isolated areas too. I have had a couple of scares over the years.

I just hope the police find the poor excuse for a human being that finished Toyah's life.
I might add I would like to see much tougher sentences in Australia for these predators.

me too with the lonely area scares, that horrible sinking feeling when youre somewhere isolated with your dogs and suddenly see someone and dont know if theyre dangerous, poor toyah,
she would have sensed the danger

AN AMERICAN rock band will pay tribute to Far North murder victim Toyah Cordingley at every show during their upcoming Australian tour.

With a homicide investigation ongoing, the horror incident has captured the hearts of people all over the country, including music manager John Howarth.

He is currently working with American band The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus and after learning one of their songs was Ms Cordingley’s favourite, he jumped at the chance to pay tribute to her.

No Cookies | The Cairns Post

OK, have been talking to my friend who lives in northern beaches area of Cairns - where I used to live. Her story is that she had an ex boyfriend, and the new boyfriend has only been on the scene for about 3 weeks. My friend says the dog was hers and she lived around Kewarra Beach. If you look at a map of north of Cairns you will see that the highway runs north to Port Douglas but has many beaches which usually have one or two roads into the beach areas. North of Cairns first beach is Machans, then Holloways, Yorkeys, Trinity Park, Trinity Beach, Kewarra, Clifton Beach, Palm Cove then Ellis Beach, Wangetti and lots of other little beaches off the highway from there to Port Douglas.

My friend says that Toyah went to Rusty's Markets in the morning, CCTV has her going to Kewarra Beach, then it seems like she took the dog to Wangetti in the afternoon.

Local word is that ..... is responsible for her murder. All hearsay of course. Don't ever underestimate the police.

OK, have been talking to my friend who lives in northern beaches area of Cairns - where I used to live. Her story is that she had an ex boyfriend, and the new boyfriend has only been on the scene for about 3 weeks. My friend says the dog was hers and she lived around Kewarra Beach. If you look at a map of north of Cairns you will see that the highway runs north to Port Douglas but has many beaches which usually have one or two roads into the beach areas. North of Cairns first beach is Machans, then Holloways, Yorkeys, Trinity Park, Trinity Beach, Kewarra, Clifton Beach, Palm Cove then Ellis Beach, Wangetti and lots of other little beaches off the highway from there to Port Douglas.

My friend says that Toyah went to Rusty's Markets in the morning, CCTV has her going to Kewarra Beach, then it seems like she took the dog to Wangetti in the afternoon.

Local word is that ..... is responsible for her murder. All hearsay of course. Don't ever underestimate the police.

Thanks very much for the update. Given there was not a photo of her and the bf online since Aprilish, from memory, I wondered if they were exclusive or perhaps not dating anymore. However, they were meant to have been together for 3 years, so why are they reporting she was with her bfs dog if it was hers? perhaps misreporting.

Last edited:

Great to see you again BreakingNews.
It’s excellent to have local ears to the ground.

I’m confused of which BF was at Toyah’s funeral with the dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro