Australia - Toyah Cordingley, 24, body found on beach, 22 October 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
POLICE have praised the efforts of a huge crowd of volunteers who have helped comb Wangetti Beach for clues about Toyah Cordingley’s murder.

More than 200 members of the public joined police and State Emergency Service for a combined search this morning, 42km north of Cairns, with some using metal detectors to hunt through the sand and scrub for anything that would point authorities in the right direction towards the 24-year-old’s killer.
[...]

Category: | The Courier Mail

POLICE have praised the efforts of a huge crowd of volunteers who have helped comb Wangetti Beach for clues about Toyah Cordingley’s murder.

More than 200 members of the public joined police and State Emergency Service for a combined search this morning, 42km north of Cairns, with some using metal detectors to hunt through the sand and scrub for anything that would point authorities in the right direction towards the 24-year-old’s killer.
[...]

Category: | The Courier Mail

That article is paywalled - did they say if they found anything?

"While there were no fresh leads found at the beach this morning, Cairns CIB Detective sergeant Brad McLeish said they were grateful for the extra support from the community"

“I think today is as much about community support as it is about solving a murder,” he said.

“But nothing of interest has been found, to date, that I’m aware of.”

A thing that occurred to me - her boyfriend, being a dog lover (& the owner of the dog she was with on the day) - he would just high tail it out of the area - with his dog (!) - if he did something bad - rather than tie his dog up, & then leave. Doesn't sound like it could be him. Unless he arranged someone = not impossible, but it seems like he's innocent? IMO. Not suggesting her boyfriend had anything to do with it - just wondering out loud - different possibilities etc to explore...

I have been following this in msm. Wangetti Beach really isn't that isolated. It is on the beautiful drive between Cairns and Port Douglas. I have randomly stopped at many of these beaches. It is close to the highway. Big dog maybe knew killer. As it wasn't her dog maybe that is why dog wandered back to car. My dog would not have left my side, especially if I was injured or dead.
The dog not staying with her puzzles me.

I have been following this in msm. Wangetti Beach really isn't that isolated. It is on the beautiful drive between Cairns and Port Douglas. I have randomly stopped at many of these beaches. It is close to the highway. Big dog maybe knew killer. As it wasn't her dog maybe that is why dog wandered back to car. My dog would not have left my side, especially if I was injured or dead.

Me too, her dog not staying with her :( but then again the dog being tied up - i find even more puzzling. i imagine the same person that attacked her could of tied the dog, or even she could of - for some reason? Altho i don't think she would have tied him with such a tight tether unless she was in a bit of a hurry. poor girl, this situation is abhorrent

A thing that occurred to me - her boyfriend, being a dog lover (& the owner of the dog she was with on the day) - he would just high tail it out of the area - with his dog (!) - if he did something bad - rather than tie his dog up, & then leave. Doesn't sound like it could be him. Unless he arranged someone = not impossible, but it seems like he's innocent? IMO. Not suggesting her boyfriend had anything to do with it - just wondering out loud - different possibilities etc to explore...
Not if anyone knew Toyah was with the dog when she went missing. Boyfriend would have to explain the transfer, which would place him near the scene of the crime.

Not if anyone knew Toyah was with the dog when she went missing. Boyfriend would have to explain the transfer, which would place him near the scene of the crime.

oh i get you - perhaps... took me a minute to understand what you are saying. Are you saying the BF could leave the dog there, because people would know she is with his dog? hmmm. could happen. In no way suggesting her BF has anything to do with this!! all speculation. He doesn't look/seem the type - but who does really?

Its a fair post.
Police start with persons known to the victim and work outwards for a random attack.

Me too, her dog not staying with her :( but then again the dog being tied up - i find even more puzzling. i imagine the same person that attacked her could of tied the dog, or even she could of - for some reason? Altho i don't think she would have tied him with such a tight tether unless she was in a bit of a hurry. poor girl, this situation is abhorrent
Still my dog would howled and carried on to alert someone. How far away from the dog was she found? Or was the dog supposed to die a slow and painful death?

Angry Anderson’s son Liam was brutally and viciously murdered by someone he once called a friend who had to be arrested with great force, could something like this have happened to Toyah?

I send my heartfelt respects to these two families mourning for their childrens’ unnecessary deaths.

Liam’s murder was in a suburban park close to people who heard whereas Toyah’s murder was in a secluded location and her murderer hasn’t been found. :(

IMO the perp died the dog to the tree. I believe he initially attacked her, she was either unconscious or too injured to move, he tied the dog to the tree and then continued. That or she was instructed to tie the dog to the tree, however given the description of how the dog was tied I do not think Toyah would have done that.

I agree that it was likely the attacker who tied up the dog. If the dog was moving around even a little bit while tied up the lead could have become wrapped around it, reducing its ability to move/sit down. I think if it was someone other than the attacker they would have either done nothing or if a "dog person" taken dog with them/called council/tried to find owner. MOO

Also like to pay respects to Toyah and family and friends.

If you go back a little earlier in the thread this was discussed :) I also contacted the markets and they said they have a no dog policy so her trip home was to collect dog, drop shopping and possibly change.

It seems like she briefly went home after the markets. Probably dropped off her shopping then picked up the dog. CCTV of her walking to her car from the markets does not show any dog with her.

the dog did stay with her though, someone tied it up metres from her body

One thought I’d had is maybe she’s gone to meet someone new. This is just MOO but imagine she goes to meet someone from an online dating service, takes the dog for added security, date seems to be ok and then the unthinkable happens and he steals her belongings which would have his dating profile potentially in the phone? She could have tied the dog up and when everything went pear shaped, the dog trying to get to her, tightened his own lead from pulling?
Do we know if the BF and her were happy? I mean they were dating 3 years and living in separate cities and the most recent photo together was from what I can see, was April this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tad72