Australia - Toyah Cordingley, 24, body found on beach, 22 October 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Coastal town Wangetti is so small all 14 houses share the same street just off the Cook Highway, overlooking a pristine sandy beach"

When your town is this small you would hope everyone would look out and help each other , plus it would have been easy to eliminate the people living there (excluding drifters) from the investigation

"The tiny Queensland hamlet was a favorite spot for Toyah Cordingley who would make the 40km drive north from Cairns to take her boyfriend's dog Jersey for a walk"

Seems Toyah knew the area well and felt comfortable and somewhat safe there

How Toyah Cordingley's chilling murder sent shockwaves through a carefree beach town | Daily Mail Online

It appears from this newspaper article, that Toyah was walking her own dog Indie.

Cops hunting ‘aggressive’ men in murder investigation

"We started our search in pure darkness with our little torches and continued to search as much as we could until light at 5.30am,” she said. “Eventually I found Toyah’s dog Indie and we kept searching until my phone battery went flat.”

It appears from this newspaper article, that Toyah was walking her own dog Indie.

Cops hunting ‘aggressive’ men in murder investigation

"We started our search in pure darkness with our little torches and continued to search as much as we could until light at 5.30am,” she said. “Eventually I found Toyah’s dog Indie and we kept searching until my phone battery went flat.”

I’d imagine Toyah had broken an ankle or even a leg and couldn’t get back to the car but NEVER could you imagine finding your own daughter like this.

Bless Toyah’s family.

I really hope the police have someone one in the frame for this and that they are just gathering pieces that will move their case along from circumstantial.

I haven't had time to keep up with this case unfortunately (pesky time-zone peak discrepancy :( ) but was wondering if there has already been a good "just the facts ma'am"-type post with updated timeline, map and dog's names etc... Sadly, I have the feeling that this might run into a new thread...

I’d imagine Toyah had broken an ankle or even a leg and couldn’t get back to the car but NEVER could you imagine finding your own daughter like this.

Bless Toyah’s family.

I agree. The horror is unimaginable, her poor family, my heart breaks for them and the pain they will suffer for the rest of their lives. RIP Toyah.

From: Police ask women to report meeting 'aggressive, inappropriate' men on far north QLD beaches | Daily Mail Online

12-1pm
, October 21: Toyah Cordingley goes shopping at Rusty's Markets in downtown Cairns

12.40pm: She is filmed on CCTV crossing Sheridan Street near the markets

1pm: Ms Cordingley goes to her home in Cairns, where she may have changed her clothes, before driving out at 1.30pm

1.20pm: A family of four is seen having a picnic at Wangetti beach. Police have made multiple requests for them to come forward with information.

2pm: Ms Cordingley's 2009 blue Mistubishi Lancer with the number plate 'TOY 146' is seen in Clifton Beach, about half way to Wangetti

2-2.30pm: Ms Cordingley arrives at Wangetti beach and parks in the southern car park. She takes her boyfriend's dog Jersey* for a walk on the sand and is not seen alive again
(*I think the Daily Mail might be in error here as in her mother's carefully prepared and scripted statement it is her dog "Indi" that is found tied up...)

10.50pm: Her family report her missing after she doesn't return home

7.45am, October 22: Ms Cordingley's father Troy finds her body in the sand dunes, 800m from her car, while looking for her with a search party

From: Police ask women to report meeting 'aggressive, inappropriate' men on far north QLD beaches | Daily Mail Online

Are there possibly 2 crime scenes at the beach?
Was Toyah actually driving her car to the beach or was it someone else?
A frenzied attack, was there blood found in her car?

I can't seeing this being a random crime, yes a deserted beach provides a great place for a crazed person to find a victim, but it requires the perp to stalk to find a victim and besides the 2 guys with the car we haven't heard anything about stranger danger.

I find it very odd that bf is looking for his dog - close to his home PD /Mowbray area( which is approx 2o min drive from Wangetti) at 6pm night that Toyah is missing - approx 3.5 hrs since she was last seen .

I have some many questions in my head ( sure police have most of these answers)

2pm Toyah’s car seen on way to Wangetti -police calling for dash cam was that to show if Toyah alone in car or actually visible in car ??!

2.30-3pm Toyah at Wangetti Beach ( did anyone actually see her walking dog ? Is that why police looking to confirm that with others ???

6pm bf says dog goes missing in PD

Sometime that night bf tells family Toyah is missing

10.50 pm family start searching Wangetti Beach

7.45am found

I still think she wasn’t killed at Wangetti on a Sunday arvo - too many people .

Other places of interest-
Police looking for items in creek in westcourt area cairns ( about 5 min drive from bio dads place ) & Lake Placid which is north of cairns on the way to the beaches .

-Are there are sightings of her at the beach or in the car on way to beach ??

Just my thoughts
-Could it be she was picked up from home after Rusty’s - perp threw her phone in creek to stop her ringing
-killed in lake placid area
- taken to Wangetti Beach
- perp gets home some how ????
- bf alerts family she is missing

Hi all, first time poster. I am a Cairns local however I relocated for work about a year ago so have no real community vibes other then speaking to my family and friends but i do know the area very well!

I am on the fence as to whether or not the attacker/s were known to Toyah or not. There are Just a few points I wanted to mention:

1. Do we know if the divers were involved in the search of the lake placid/caravonica area and I am assuming they were tipped off by a report? When I first read that location I did not immediately think of the actual "lake placid" but rather the set of lakes located behind a complex called "kamerunga villas" as I would call that area bosth lake placid and caravonica. The actual lake plasid has a restaurant which is just off the car park and I would assume has some sort of CCTV which obviously depending on view could observe the car park. The lakes behind the villas are quite secluded and more of a swampy area not a tourist spot like the lake.

2. Something seems odd about the attacker actually tying up her dog. It's a bloody big dog! And one that you would be a little worried about interacting with let alone attacking it's owner and tying it up. The time line of actually doing that would be very difficult as in the dog must have been tied up prior to the attack as the dog surly would have ran off so I think a suprise attack is less likely. Is it possible she tied up the dog her self to assist someone? I also feel if this was random and she was just sadly in the wrong place at the wrong time the attacker surely can see the added complexity of the dog making her a less desirable target.

3. As sad as it is to say assuming the attacker did tie up the dog or that the dog never impeded them, they must in their sick mind have some love for animals... After just doing or planning to do such a terrible horrific thing to another personal one would assume they would not be so kind to the dog especially if it was getting in the way.

Are there possibly 2 crime scenes at the beach?
Was Toyah actually driving her car to the beach or was it someone else?
A frenzied attack, was there blood found in her car?

I can't seeing this being a random crime, yes a deserted beach provides a great place for a crazed person to find a victim, but it requires the perp to stalk to find a victim and besides the 2 guys with the car we haven't heard anything about stranger danger.

It’s great to see you again my little mate. (((Hugs)))

Murder is murder whichever way you look at it BUT are there degrees that should panic the community or are we now all desensitised?

I lived in the surrounding area to where Anita Cobby was murdered and the community was hysterical, scared and furious.
It could be the media attention isn’t blanketed to catch Toyah’s murderer/s.
Toyah’s family request privacy whereas Anita’s father screamed for justice.

I think someone else tied up the dog at a later point. That’s just my two cents. If as people have said it is a busy beach on a Sunday, maybe the dog just took off being off the lead and someone has then found it. I looked at the map on google and it looks like it’s pretty close to the main highway??

Hmm yeah you would think someone would have said something. My guess is either she tied up the dog or the dog was tied up by the attacker and was somewhat comfortable with that person.

I still get the feeling she either met someone at the beach or they arrived together. (This would explain the missing phone to prevent there text, messages, or phone calls being found). Just a far fetched thought but just up the road at the Rex lookout almost daily and especially on the weekends paragliders depart from the cliffs and usually fly out to sea and back or down/up the coast. Just a quick Google found a tour operator that departs at 2.30PM and 4.00PM daily. One could assume they would have a GoPro to capture the flight for the tourist, perhaps they got a view of the beach which potentially could show how many people and where abouts they were on the beach. Hang gliders are essentially silent and relatively lowflying after all.

Hmm yeah you would think someone would have said something. My guess is either she tied up the dog or the dog was tied up by the attacker and was somewhat comfortable with that person.

I still get the feeling she either met someone at the beach or they arrived together. (This would explain the missing phone to prevent there text, messages, or phone calls being found). Just a far fetched thought but just up the road at the Rex lookout almost daily and especially on the weekends paragliders depart from the cliffs and usually fly out to sea and back or down/up the coast. Just a quick Google found a tour operator that departs at 2.30PM and 4.00PM daily. One could assume they would have a GoPro to capture the flight for the tourist, perhaps they got a view of the beach which potentially could show how many people and where abouts they were on the beach. Hang gliders are essentially silent and relatively lowflying after all.

Totally my thoughts only .
I think the phone might have been thrown in the creek in Westcourt or lake placid - either before murder ( holding her hostage and not allowing her to ring ) or post murder to cover up .
I guess it depends where perp lives - if north maybe prior so not backtracking. If in Cairns maybe after on way back .
My theory could hold up but how does perpetrators get from Wangetti to home with no car - assuming he was in toyahs car .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro