Australia - Toyah Cordingley, 24, body found on beach, 22 October 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering, a body of a man was found on the same day as Toyah was murdered, on a beach naked just a little further down from where her belongings were found--> Naked body found in Bowen

I have tried finding more information about the man, but have not been able to find anything. Very odd for two people within 24 hours?
It’s a good 7 hour drive between

I’m flat out driving half an hour, even that’s too long ;)
me too! i quite hate driving, but do it when i have to or really want. Some love it though. It is my understanding that police might think someone strange has been hanging out - up around cairns. Thus the reason for wanting people to come forward about anyone in the last 2 years being exposed to odd behaviour on a beach (they would not say if reports occurred recently). I suppose 'he' could travel, & murder a male. Is this what everyone's referring to? I'm getting lost...:confused:

This comment about being "angry" at the situation she got herself into... does this mean she was in a position of danger, which is overall unfair? Or does it sound like she may have been involved with someone who takes drugs & it became ugly...? (perhaps a big leap). I mean what else beside those two? It's hard to think of another 'situation'. It's weird that some friends/family aren't so fond of her BF. I know it's been discussed before. I just wonder if she met him at the beach, she with one dog, he with the other, it might explain why the other dog was lost sometime later - alabi stuff? Am i outta line? Police said he was cleared tho - right? MOO.

i wonder why she stopped off at clifton beach on her way to wangetti or if she picked anyone up there?

2pm: Ms Cordingley's 2009 blue Mistubishi Lancer with the number plate 'TOY 146' is seen in Clifton Beach, about half way to Wangetti

‘Life for us will never, ever be the same’: Toyah Cordingley’s mother’s heartbreaking plea for help finding her daughter’s killer as hunt for sexually-motivated beach murderer continues

I just looked at google maps, I think you can simply drive through Clifton Beach on your way to Wangetti, without having to pull over... Or did she stop?

I just looked at google maps, I think you can simply drive through Clifton Beach on your way to Wangetti, without having to pull over... Or did she stop?
Yeah that might have only meant that it was seen going through- if it was on video though, surely they can check if more than one person in the car?

Yeah that might have only meant that it was seen going through- if it was on video though, surely they can check if more than one person in the car?
yer, i zoomed in & it's the Captain Cook Hwy that passes through the suburb of Clifton Beach. Possibly she stopped, or just travelled through? Hopefully cctv shows who's in the car... If there wasn't anyone in the car then it could be likely she met him (unknown/or known), at wangetti? Intentional or not. Gawd, it is pathetic that a simple walk on the beach can cost anyone their life :mad::mad:

duh! yes of course, she would have been seen driving through clifton beach, dont know why i assumed shed stopped there!

Gawd, u don't have to have a reason - sometimes something sticks in our heads. Like, i thought someone lived in smithfield (parent/step) but i actually have no idea. They mentioned Smithfield early - it's so close to Caravonica - someone (suspect) probably just passed through? Anyway, she might have stopped in Clifton Beach? ...!

<modsnip - quoted post removed>
Just because he has a daughter the same age as Toyah. Some parents are ‘cool’ and I imagine a(n ex?) motorcycle shop owner would be one of them. He seems a pretty down-to-earth type of guy.

We can comment on people who have been named in MSM AFAIK.

Last edited by a moderator:
It could be any one of men who are acquainted with her and had a thing for her, or a total stranger.
My daughter had a stalker once. A man whose hair she had cut just once, when she was a hairdresser. He kept ringing the salon to talk to her and then he was ringing our home number. They all saw him lurking around the salon at closing time, so her boss walked her down to the underground car park where she was parked and the creep was crouched down hiding between the cars on her drivers side.
He ran away when they shouted at him. They rang the police and the police went and warned him to stay away from her, but they wouldn't ban him from the shopping centre and he continued to walk past the shop and look in.

This comment about being "angry" at the situation she got herself into... does this mean she was in a position of danger, which is overall unfair? Or does it sound like she may have been involved with someone who takes drugs & it became ugly...? (perhaps a big leap). I mean what else beside those two? It's hard to think of another 'situation'. It's weird that some friends/family aren't so fond of her BF. I know it's been discussed before. I just wonder if she met him at the beach, she with one dog, he with the other, it might explain why the other dog was lost sometime later - alabi stuff? Am i outta line? Police said he was cleared tho - right? MOO.
Just because the police say someone is cleared, does not mean that person has been cleared forever. Police said the same about Baden-Clay.

Just because the police say someone is cleared, does not mean that person has been cleared forever. Police said the same about Baden-Clay.
True that. The only murder of someone that I kind of knew, people suspected the husband and police made several announcements that he was not a suspect, but they had been investigating him from day one and charged him almost a year later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Senor710