Australia - Toyah Cordingley, 24, body found on beach, 22 October 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody else wonder, why the appeals for the family who was allegedly picnicking near the southern car park, have stopped? It seems odd that this has gone 100% quiet in the last month, in all the appeals for information, and I wonder who the couple were, that said they saw the family.
I’ve searched so many pages and can’t see that they have ever been confirmed as having spoken to the Police. At least the ‘agitated’ ute drivers were publicly ruled out.

No, i think she got the poops about something, i'm not sure what about. perhaps being challenged? each to their own. I just wish she didn't disappear!

There was only a warning about the thin ice some were about to step on.
It’s better one of us yell out rather than a mod shutting down the thread or maybe a mod gave a list of rules to read.

Yes, good thinking Bohemian.

If they are witnesses, I don’t know if MSM would be getting a whiff of anything about them now. That could be the reason for their absence from media stories. Of course, police may also have other, more promising leads in regard to Toyah’s murder so haven’t pressed the point with MSM.

A couple of pages back I posted that I thought this case could be going cold. Then I followed a link from here to The Daily Mail Online. The writer there thought the police were closing in on Toyah's killer. I thought maybe it isn't going cold after all.
It is known that most murder victims are killed by someone they know. The key word is most.
Some people are murdered by strangers. It is quite possible that since Toyah was murdered on a fairly isolated part of the beach she was the victim of a stranger. In that case it's a crime of opportunity.

So with a bit over a month gone by, a less than pristine crime scene and the distinct possibility the murder was carried out by a person/s unknown to Toyah I'm starting to worry about a cold case again.

All investigations need an element of luck. I'm thinking the police need a break from somewhere. Anywhere.

Re Prong Trimble, he is a larger than life character and he might just be helping out the family. Motor bike family. It is quite common for a family not to want to continually be talking to media and others. He might simply be the designated family spokeperson and organiser. Missing boy Declan Crouch had a family spokesperson, as did the Baden-Clay family. Very understandable.
Yeah totally agree / he is just helping out

Hoping the case is not going cold.

The cops wouldn't be wasting time with divers and shooters for no reason and there was a good lead for them to go to that extent. IMO

What made the cops search that lake?
1) Someone saw something or dobbed.
2) Either Toyah's or the suspect's phone pinged there when they've said they were elsewhere.
3) Clothing or items were floating or washed up.

For example, the guys who followed the murder of Karen Ristevski saw the cops searching fields, dams and bushland many kilometers away for, it seemed at the time, no rhyme or reason but what we didn't know is that the cops were following both the phone pings of the victim and the murderer in that area at the time the murderer said he wasn't there.

The cops have to sift through everything from dashcam footages to crazy psychic nutters.
They have to be 100% sure with evidence before an arrest.

I trust our cops.

At what point does a genuine family stop all searching and go behind locked gates and want privacy?

Daniel Morcombe's parents never stopped even after Daniel was found.
Think about how many families you've seen who suddenly lay low after wanting justice for their loved one.

I find it's when the cops have told them they have their culprit.

The cops wouldn't be wasting time with divers and shooters for no reason and there was a good lead for them to go to that extent. IMO

2) Either Toyah's or the suspect's phone pinged there when they've said they were elsewhere.

For example, the guys who followed the murder of Karen Ristevski saw the cops searching fields, dams and bushland many kilometers away for, it seemed at the time, no rhyme or reason but what we didn't know is that the cops were following both the phone pings of the victim and the murderer in that area at the time the murderer said he wasn't there.

The cops have to sift through everything from dashcam footages to crazy psychic nutters.

I trust our cops.

I had thought about the points you made above and wondered how they got the information regarding the lake. I hope that it is enough to convict someone or tie them to the case. It must be so frustrating for police when you know who the person is but there is no way of charging them with the crime, in the near future, due to lack of evidence.

In the Baden Clay case husband didn't even help with the search for his wife at all. He and his family laid low. He knew he was suspected the first day.

However with Toyah, some of her family started the search without the police, then did another search of their own, but I think the police were there that time because they would not have wanted any tampering with possible evidence. I think that was in the media somewhere.
It was not long ago that items were found at Lake Placid, so may need time for testing. Have faith that the police will make an arrest as soon as they tighten it all together.

For example always try to look outside the usual box.
I found myself thinking OMG those roadside signs are looking like poor William Tyrrell who has been missing for far too long with not arrest BUT instead of the signs looking for anything to do with Toyah's murder the cops might be looking for further confirmation about a particular slippery perp was there on that road at that time as 50 people have him on dashcam.
I'm trying to stay positive that there are pieces that hasn't been released

Remember police suspected Baden Clay from day one. But he wasn't arrested until 2 months later.
For example always try to look outside the usual box.
I found myself thinking OMG those roadside signs are looking like poor William Tyrrell who has been missing for far too long with not arrest BUT instead of the signs looking for anything to do with Toyah's murder the cops might be looking for further confirmation about a particular slippery perp was there on that road at that time as 50 people have him on dashcam.
I'm trying to stay positive that there are pieces that hasn't been released

Thanks for the boost of hope I needed :) I was feeling disheartened for the first time about this case this weekend.

Remember police suspected Baden Clay from day one. But he wasn't arrested until 2 months later.

I'm banking on a little smart phone to again outsmart the not so smart but I'll rue the day that these fool murderers realise that.

Baden-Clay left his phone at home and Ristevski turned off his phone for several hours but these little technical marvels still outwit their fool owners!
Ahhh Breaking the brilliance of our cops eh?
How many crimes have been solved because of a mobile phone!
Baden-Clay said he didn't leave the house and slept through the night like a peaceful baby BUT when forensics went into the guts of the phone's memory it showed the cops that his phone was unplugged and then redconnected at 2am. Liar Liar pants on fire!
Same as Ristevski, he said he was at home all day but his phone told the cops that it travelled up the Calder with his wife's phone. (she was dead in the boot of her own car)
The sim card of Jill Meagher's phone was found in her murderer's flat....ahhh the list goes on.

Thanks for the boost of hope I needed :) I was feeling disheartened for the first time about this case this weekend.

We have the best cops in the world!
Not too many get past them.
images

Just wondering, a body of a man was found on the same day as Toyah was murdered, on a beach naked just a little further down from where her belongings were found--> Naked body found in Bowen

I have tried finding more information about the man, but have not been able to find anything. Very odd for two people within 24 hours?
That is strange. I have a nautilus shell that I found on Bowen Beach about thirty years ago sitting on my sideboard.

I trust our cops.

Just to add to your post, it took almost 2 years for VicPol to arrest Borce Ristevski even though everyone knew it was him.

Don't add Toyah's murder to the Cold Case file just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme