Australia - Toyah Cordingley, 24, body found on beach, 22 October 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the message that the boyfriend posted on social media, searching for his missing dog Jersey on the Sunday night, I noticed that Jersey was found on the Tuesday morning; there was a picture of the bf, facing away from the camera, and it appears he's holding the dog. I wonder if the dog was spooked by something or was off searching for Indie..
Is this posting for missing dog “Jersey” viewable somewhere? If it’s from an un-usuable source can someone please, please post a way of finding it?
At the very least it would put some more points on the map, but also, if the bf was physically searching for his pet and then composing and posting an ad, it could offer the bf quite a solid alibi for large parts of the afternoon and evening.
And on that point: in the early days of the investigation a few MSM news sources said the boyfriend was cleared by LE but the vibe from many SM notes of condolences etc, the exclusion of mentioning his name by others mourning Toyah, well...it feels odd. Perhaps he was just not well-liked?!?

Last edited:
Is this posting for missing dog “Jersey” viewable somewhere? If it’s from an un-usuable source can someone please, please post a way of finding it?
At the very least it would put some more points on the map, but also, if the bf was physically searching for his pet and then composing and posting an ad, it could offer the bf quite a solid alibi for large parts of the afternoon and evening.
And on that point: in the early days of the investigation a few MSM news sources said the boyfriend was cleared by LE but the vibe from many SM notes of condolences etc, the exclusion of mentioning his name by others mourning Toyah, well...it feels odd. Perhaps he was just not well-liked?!?
Replying to my own post :)
I found the listing...SM sleuthing never my strong point.
Such a weird convergence of places, people and dogs on that Sunday evening. I don't know what to think...

Last edited:
Eucalyptuz, it's certainly coincidental. It supplies him with an alibi but also places his dog a 15 minute drive from Wangetti beach at 6pm. I said earlier that he might have been searching for her but I thought about it and he would've at least been able to see her car in the carpark if he'd looked at Wangetti. Someone else said it's possible someone else saw the dog as the 'missing dog' post said last seen 'walking' in that area. Unless the dog just wandered while he was busy doing something? I guess the police would've searched there if they thought anything of interest was there though.

Eucalyptuz, it's certainly coincidental. It supplies him with an alibi but also places his dog a 15 minute drive from Wangetti beach at 6pm. I said earlier that he might have been searching for her but I thought about it and he would've at least been able to see her car in the carpark if he'd looked at Wangetti. Someone else said it's possible someone else saw the dog as the 'missing dog' post said last seen 'walking' in that area. Unless the dog just wandered while he was busy doing something? I guess the police would've searched there if they thought anything of interest was there though.
There’s just too many things we don’t know, but I can’t understand why he wasn’t looking there for her earlier. If she went for a walk at 2pm, you wouldn’t really expect to keep a dog out for more than a couple of hours. So when did he start messaging/calling to say where are you? Or knowing there was no reception there, he might not have bothered trying to call. But surely by 7pm - which would have been dark, you’d be worrying. Also, odd he was out looking for the dog then early the next morning, wonder what time that was?? Who took the pic? But back to the beach stop off...apparently it’s a busy stop off, so did ANYONE else go to the beach then? The thought that she could have been found earlier must be like hell, you’d be wondering what if, what if. But reading the news today, it’s just depressing. Man throws a baby into the sea, random 20 year old bashes woman to death at a shopping centre, man bashes woman for smoking in a car park. (Not man bashing, just a random selection of news headlines) just all so terrible. Now a whole month since Toyah’s murder, I really hope we get some news soon...

I also get a strong vibe from SM that her family, with the exclusion of her dad, didn't embrace him. It's definitely odd how the family have excluded him.

It probably doesn't mean anything, but I also thought it was a bit odd that after his posting about the missing dog, from thereafter the posts were from a friend of his (woman) out searching for the dog. Seems it is a very good friend of his, but I thought it was a bit strange that this woman doesn't have Toyah as one of her friends.

Yes, absolutely...I hope I didn't step over a line.

This case is more than a bit frustrating now and I guess blind faith has me hoping that the Qld PD have some good leads. The Aussie Press is laced-up fairly tight, either through paywalls or mandated gag orders...but I don't see much new action heading in to the weekend...

<3

Most QLD newspapers have everything behind paywalls. Even the Brisbane Times has joined the list. I subscribe to one newspaper and although I live in QLD it isn't one that publishes in my state.

As for Toyah's case; I have this sinking feeling it is going to go cold. As if it wasn't tough enough for LE it seems the crime scene was greatly disturbed as well.

Most QLD newspapers have everything behind paywalls. Even the Brisbane Times has joined the list. I subscribe to one newspaper and although I live in QLD it isn't one that publishes in my state.

As for Toyah's case; I have this sinking feeling it is going to go cold. As if it wasn't tough enough for LE it seems the crime scene was greatly disturbed as well.
Are we allowed to copy and paste in here? I think you’re right. I’ve almost given up there’s going to be any news. It’s just taken far too long.

The father said of her ‘slain body in the sand dunes that ‘she was messed up’. Also the article states that the bf has been ruled out and he’s been very helpful with the investigation and his version of events ‘stacks up’.

Toyah’s father’s description of how he found her remains sounds horrific. The poor man.

It’s only natural for people to be immediately suspicious of an intimate partner when someone is murdered. Intimate partner homicides happen so often—too often.

I wonder whether the break up rumours are true? Was she seeing someone new? I think our Cairn's local has been put off by this forum about 3 or 5 days ago --- great, not! :( please be kind to new arrivals. I hope something comes up soon. Surely, hopefully, the police have someone in their sights?

I wonder whether the break up rumours are true? Was she seeing someone new? I think our Cairn's local has been put off by this forum about 3 or 5 days ago --- great, not! :( please be kind to new arrivals. I hope something comes up soon. Surely, hopefully, the police have someone in their sights?

What do you mean ‘put off’? As in, we were rude? I hope you’re right about the Police!

"Our Cairn's Local" is still here and posting. Just being very careful of the rules.

Posted today..

"What happened at Lake Moody? Police divers find 'items of interest' in croc-infested waters 30km from beach where slain dog walker, 24, was found"

"Lake Placid appears to be the priority for detectives, with Queensland Police issuing a call to the public for reports of anything out of the ordinary seen in the area on October 21, the day Ms Cordingley was reported missing In particular, police are cyclists who rode in the area late in the afternoon to reach out"

Police close in on Toyah Cordingley's Cairns killer as the murder case takes a twist | Daily Mail Online

Cains Post (Paywall site) today's article.
"Toyah Cordingley: Extended search brings police closer to identifying for Toyah Cordingley's killer"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member