Australia - Toyah Cordingley, 24, body found on beach, 22 October 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I must say the Daily Mail Online article gives cause for hope of an arrest. In the meantime I guess all we can do is watch and wait.
I wonder if they found some of Toyah's belongings in Lake Placid?
All I know is the monster who did this to Toyah needs to be locked up for a very long time.

just browsing through public social media pages, its obvious toyah and her father had a close relationship,his many photos show how he adored her and so proud, i wonder if the killer did this to spite him, payback for something, it seems her body was left in a horrible state, did the killer stage her body knowing her father would find her?

Quick thought on the dog M was looking for - early reports seemed confused over which dog Toyah had with her, perhaps it was both and the second one was able to make his way home? Someone may have spotted him and notified M, who was then trying to find him, knew something may be wrong and notified Toyah's parents that he couldn't get ahold of her and his dog was out wandering. Is it possible to walk the length of beach from Wangetti to where the second dog was lost?

I must say the Daily Mail Online article gives cause for hope of an arrest. In the meantime I guess all we can do is watch and wait.
I wonder if they found some of Toyah's belongings in Lake Placid?
All I know is the monster who did this to Toyah needs to be locked up for an interview very long time.
Daily Mail online UK is always a good source of information. Sounds promising that police are getting closer

Posted today..

"What happened at Lake Moody? Police divers find 'items of interest' in croc-infested waters 30km from beach where slain dog walker, 24, was found"

"Lake Placid appears to be the priority for detectives, with Queensland Police issuing a call to the public for reports of anything out of the ordinary seen in the area on October 21, the day Ms Cordingley was reported missing In particular, police are cyclists who rode in the area late in the afternoon to reach out"

Police close in on Toyah Cordingley's Cairns killer as the murder case takes a twist | Daily Mail Online

Cains Post (Paywall site) today's article.
"Toyah Cordingley: Extended search brings police closer to identifying for Toyah Cordingley's killer"
Does this read as there’s another search on the beach today? That would indicate they are still searching for ‘something’ or ‘things’. Sigh. ☹️

Does this read as there’s another search on the beach today? That would indicate they are still searching for ‘something’ or ‘things’. Sigh. ☹️

Yes, it appears that is the case, quoted from article:

"Spearheaded by family friend Wayne 'Prong' Trimble, another search of the beach will go forward on Sunday morning."

I don't think the Police are involved at all in searching of the beach, it reads to me like just the family friend who organised it and local community. I wonder if the perpetrator/s will be involved in the search as well?

I feel like the Police may have someone in their sights, and are gathering enough evidence to make an arrest. Something lead them to search Lake Placid.

Yes, it appears that is the case, quoted from article:

"Spearheaded by family friend Wayne 'Prong' Trimble, another search of the beach will go forward on Sunday morning."

I don't think the Police are involved at all in searching of the beach, it reads to me like just the family friend who organised it and local community. I wonder if the perpetrator/s will be involved in the search as well?

I feel like the Police may have someone in their sights, and are gathering enough evidence to make an arrest. Something lead them to search Lake Placid.

IMO Mr Trimble is inserting himself into the investigation a little too much :eek:

Hi SW. It is only local kids 18-24yo's who initially said (gossip only) that she had a new boyfriend for the last 3 weeks of her life. Nowhere has it been reported in msm, so I can only assume that it is 'kids talk'. Same bunch of kids say another male has said he murdered Toyah, but they don't believe this kid. He is a very bad egg. He dated my son's ex for awhile and pulled a knife on her father and he has been cruel to dogs. He supposedly fled the Cairns area just after Toyah's murder. Police are always looking for him for one thing or another. However this is all gossip (not about my son's ex). These kids have known each other through school years in the Cairns and Smithfield areas. Not all these kids are angels, so who knows what and why they talk about.
Just re-reading that part... why would he flee? Have you heard anything further? Do you know if it was all reported to the Police anyway? Also, I wonder whether the supposed ‘new boyfriend’ has also been checked out?

Quick thought on the dog M was looking for - early reports seemed confused over which dog Toyah had with her, perhaps it was both and the second one was able to make his way home? Someone may have spotted him and notified M, who was then trying to find him, knew something may be wrong and notified Toyah's parents that he couldn't get ahold of her and his dog was out wandering. Is it possible to walk the length of beach from Wangetti to where the second dog was lost?
We hav3 discussed this before ..unlikely because of distance and highway

Just re-reading that part... why would he flee? Have you heard anything further? Do you know if it was all reported to the Police anyway? Also, I wonder whether the supposed ‘new boyfriend’ has also been checked out?
This was all gossip from local kids. I probably should not have posted it here. Sorry. As for the bad egg kid fleeing, that is correct. He is always on the run from the police for something or other. All probably nothing to do with Toyah. Sorry again for misleading everyone. Kids gossip.

Re Prong Trimble, he is a larger than life character and he might just be helping out the family. Motor bike family. It is quite common for a family not to want to continually be talking to media and others. He might simply be the designated family spokeperson and organiser. Missing boy Declan Crouch had a family spokesperson, as did the Baden-Clay family. Very understandable.

Does anybody else wonder, why the appeals for the family who was allegedly picnicking near the southern car park, have stopped? It seems odd that this has gone 100% quiet in the last month, in all the appeals for information, and I wonder who the couple were, that said they saw the family.

Does anybody else wonder, why the appeals for the family who was allegedly picnicking near the southern car park, have stopped? It seems odd that this has gone 100% quiet in the last month, in all the appeals for information, and I wonder who the couple were, that said they saw the family.

Maybe they’ve come forward to police.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member