Australia - Toyah Cordingley, 24, body found on beach, 22 October 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There might be some confusion because many people think they can't report a missing person for 24hrs, which they can. Then the police act, based on risk of the individual and available resources...?

Don't wait to alert authorities, police say
NSW Police Assistant Commissioner Peter Barrie said National Missing Persons Week focused on dispelling misinformation about missing persons cases, such as waiting 24 hours before alerting authorities.

What you need to do if a loved one goes missing

It appears that each state has it's own ways of reporting, but use the national legislation to followup. This is the Queensland method of reporting: (and you don't have to wait 24 hours). If you consider it urgent you phone 000, otherwise use one of the other methods of reporting. 000 gets the most urgent of responses IMOO.
Report a missing person | Your rights, crime and the law | Queensland Government

In the media when it is said ‘out of character’ there appears more of an urgency from LE. If someone who is responsible ISN’T where they say where they will be then I feel LE respond with more intent.
IMO.

128984-fe64da48983f30afd6dce2e42119b395.jpg

Attachments

• toyah_lovely_black_and_white_with_dog.jpg
    toyah_lovely_black_and_white_with_dog.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 22
Ah that’s so sad. Her dog/dogs must be missing her acutely - looks like she adored them and they adored her. I hope they catch the creep who did this. They are such a damaged, person, They have no right to take another’s life who is so much better and would do so much more good in the world than them.

its a 43 minute drive from rustys markets to wangetti beach, which seems a long drive but her bf works at ellis beach bar and grill which is approx half way, could toyah have picked up the dog from her bf at work? it would explain why she went to wangetti,
if she did this every sunday it sets up a pattern of behaviour and anyone interested would know this,
or she may have commented to someone at the markets her plans for the beach that day?

its a 43 minute drive from rustys markets to wangetti beach, which seems a long drive but her bf works at ellis beach bar and grill which is approx half way, could toyah have picked up the dog from her bf at work? it would explain why she went to wangetti,
if she did this every sunday it sets up a pattern of behaviour and anyone interested would know this,
or she may have commented to someone at the markets her plans for the beach that day?

I know it would make a difference if we could know if it was a regular routine or something out of her routine. Also I was thinking about the dog being tied so tightly perhaps it was tight enough to constrict the poor things throat which made it difficult for it to call out/whimper etc.

I know it would make a difference if we could know if it was a regular routine or something out of her routine. Also I was thinking about the dog being tied so tightly perhaps it was tight enough to constrict the poor things throat which made it difficult for it to call out/whimper etc.
yes, good point, lucky it didnt choke! it must have been frantic!
i wonder if they tied the dog up beforehand to stop it protecting her or after to stop it following them, which would point to them knowing the dog, it was tied so cruelly though so whoever it was they didnt care about it, hopefully there was useable dna on the collar

I am not sure if bf still worked at Ellis Beach, but if he did, she could have easily picked the dog up from there. However Ellis Beach is not half way from Cairns to Wangetti, halfway Cairns/Port Douglas. Wangetti is the next beach north of Ellis Beach. And the distance/ travel time isn't really relevant to most locals. It's more about where you want to go.

I have 2 largish dogs one of which will chew leads. If Indie is a lead chewer then tying the dog tightly may prevent it chewing through whatever she was tied to the tree with. The theory would be the shorter the lead the less the dog can potentially chew its lead and thereby break free to either protect Toyah, attack the attacker, run off or follow the murderer. IMOO....

I have 2 largish dogs one of which will chew leads. If Indie is a lead chewer then tying the dog tightly may prevent it chewing through whatever she was tied to the tree with. The theory would be the shorter the lead the less the dog can potentially chew its lead and thereby break free to either protect Toyah, attack the attacker, run off or follow the murderer. IMOO....
Sorry I meant tying the dog on a really short leash would prevent it from turning back & around to chew lead etc

yes, good point, lucky it didnt choke! it must have been frantic!
i wonder if they tied the dog up beforehand to stop it protecting her or after to stop it following them, which would point to them knowing the dog, it was tied so cruelly though so whoever it was they didnt care about it, hopefully there was useable dna on the collar

What would the best way to get Toyah to come closer?
Hold the dog and ask if it was hers.
Innocently she just might have thanked them and walked up to take the dog and then was grabbed.

Found this in a older article but haven't seen it mentioned here
"One witness told the paper he and a group of 15 friends were at the northern end of the beach with other families that afternoon" (Toyah was found at the southern end)
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/the-cry-for-help-that-no-one-heard-locals-reveal-murdered-woman-24-was-in-a-black-spot-for-reception-–-as-police-take-dna-swabs-from-illegal-campers-in-the-hunt-for-her-killer/ar-BBOPXUv

Her dog seemed very friendly not a threat to anyone, maybe he been attacked by another dog in the past as the reason Toyah went to the isolated section of the beach or her dog in his excitement ran in that direction.
It was a Sunday and prefect beach weather 30c/86f There is a 4 hour gap between her arriving 2pm and sunset 6:19pm. She wasn't concealed and left between the foreshore and the start of bush land, yet she wasn't discovered until the next morning. It really was a isolated section of a semi populated beach.
If only she turned right instead of left on the beach we probably would never have herd the name Toyah Cordingley

Perhaps her dog was inclined to attack other dogs? Maybe that’s why she chose to walk him or her away from other dogs?
My 2 Jack Russell fur babies are usually very calm with other dogs but if the other dogs are too big, too playful or too curious some times they can get quite annoyed.
Quite a few regulars that have small dogs at our local dog park are afraid of the big dogs which are not under effective control. Sometimes it is their own dogs fault - yapping at the heels of the big boys then they get more than they bargained for. But some of the big dogs are kind of aggressive too. And the owners don’t have much clue how to control them. We try to go when we know they won’t be there.

Have seen people nearly come to blows a few times.

Last edited:
"One witness told the paper he and a group of 15 friends were at the northern end of the beach with other families that afternoon" (Toyah was found at the southern end)
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/the-cry-for-help-that-no-one-heard-locals-reveal-murdered-woman-24-was-in-a-black-spot-for-reception-–-as-police-take-dna-swabs-from-illegal-campers-in-the-hunt-for-her-killer/ar-BBOPXUv

Her dog seemed very friendly not a threat to anyone, maybe he been attacked by another dog in the past as the reason Toyah went to the isolated section of the beach or her dog in his excitement ran in that direction.
It was a Sunday and prefect beach weather 30c/86f There is a 4 hour gap between her arriving 2pm and sunset 6:19pm. She wasn't concealed and left between the foreshore and the start of bush land, yet she wasn't discovered until the next morning. It really was a isolated section of a semi populated beach.
If only she turned right instead of left on the beach we probably would never have herd the name Toyah Cordingley

15 people!! surely someone saw something, gosh to know so many people were not too far away is heart breaking.

BBM above. But she was found in the sand-dunes so might have been concealed that way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro