Australia Australia - Two Female Backpackers attacked at Salt Creek, SA, 9 Feb 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This type of suppression is not normal. I have only seen this type of suppression in cases involving incest with minors.

So what are our thoughts on why this case has this degree of suppression?

It's a real puzzle to me and I'm trying to understand why.

What do people think?

I honestly have no idea....I'll start thinking 'Maybe it's to protect tourism' but that's too simplistic....then I think 'He knows people in high places', but that's overly dramatic and this guy hardly seems like Mr Powerful in society.....

Then I wonder if it's because of other charges they're still to bring against him....but there have been numerous cases where that is the situation and nothing like this has ever happened.

What is it with this??!! :thinking:

I welcome any musings!!!

https://tenplay.com.au/news/adelaide/2017/4/18/salt-creek-attacker-faces-trial-again

This link above mentions its a closed court before Judge Kelly. It seems looking at the dates published on a lot of the links they have been published late (after 11pm) on Monday night. I am guessing they don't want us on Websleuths to be outraged any more than we are, since we are hanging out for every detail.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-04-18/salt-creek-attacker-on-trial-for-separate-rape-case/8451400

Thanks DRT. I had read the ABC link but Ten was new to me. Every bit of input is appreciated.

Anais, I agree that there seems an extraordinary amount of suppression in this case, but in sexual assault cases it's common to a greater or lesser degree. What victim would want her name put out in the public domain for all to see. Once a trial is over and there is a conviction, the perpetrator’s name, as a rule, doesn’t need to be suppressed.

I firmly believe the ongoing investigations are the reason why his name is being suppressed.

We know RH tried to take at least 12 women to this isolated beach and the police will want as many women as possible to come forward. This is one reason why the court is closed – it will not only protect the name of this woman who is prepared to testify but it will instil confidence in others to do the same. By suppressing his name, it’s rather like the police not saying how a murdered victim was killed. There are always people who put their hand up for a crime they didn’t commit and it’s not unknown for women to falsely accuse a man of sexually assaulting them.

The single thing that bothers me most about this case is that if he has either tried or succeeded in attacking 12 women in as many months, how many others are there before then. This could have been going on for decades.

What do people think?

I honestly have no idea....I'll start thinking 'Maybe it's to protect tourism' but that's too simplistic....then I think 'He knows people in high places', but that's overly dramatic and this guy hardly seems like Mr Powerful in society.....

Then I wonder if it's because of other charges they're still to bring against him....but there have been numerous cases where that is the situation and nothing like this has ever happened.

I welcome any musings!!!

I don't have much experience in this waiting for the results of a trial. All I know is I am impatiently sitting here, waiting for another guilty verdict. (Did I say that aloud?) and some further information as to why the trials are occurring.

I do note there is no sitting tomorrow so don't know whether Judge Kelly needs time to consider her verdict while she hears other cases or whether there has been a decision made that we aren't privy to.

My googling searches finding non existent news is not very good. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

What do people think?

I welcome any musings!!!

This appears to be normal sub judice, to me. Ongoing trials, ongoing juries. Cannot be affecting the outcomes of the trials by publishing this creep's priors all over the place.

When the last trial has ended - and it seems as though there could be quite a few - we will hear about all of his crimes against women, I believe. There will be a big splash in the papers by Sean Fewster. This guy is starting to sound like a prolific serial offender.

We did not hear about Adrian Bayley's multiple rapes in Victoria - during his trial for raping and murdering Jill Meagher, or even after for a while - until all of his rape trials had ended ... and he started appealing some of his sentences.

“Bayley had a long and disturbing history of violent and sexual offences,” Judge Gray said.
“He was a recidivist violent sexual offender and violent offender who had spent 11 years in prison for numerous violent rapes.”
http://www.news.com.au/national/vic...r/news-story/991076bac3c9c42431fc02b1edb95799

The 27-year-old accepted Bayley's offer to drive her home before he turned into a dark lane off Westbury Street in Balaclava and raped her in the car in the early hours of July 15, 2012 - just two months before Bayley would rape and murder Jill Meagher.
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/b...ed-she-would-be-murdered-20150320-1m3s1w.html

https://au.news.yahoo.com/sa/a/3078...ed-crimes-were-horrible-and-unexpected/#page1

What I don't understand in the latest reported trial, of the Tasmanian online girl friend is that in February 2016 police had shown pictures of his bedroom, page 1 of this thread has references to it wondering why they were posting pictures of his bedroom in the link above. The link below mentions that the cord was found in May which confuses me but I think this must be wrong. The May time only seems to be mentioned on the West website. The pictures don't seem to show cord on the bed in February.

https://thewest.com.au/news/crime/salt-creek-kidnapper-tied-up-and-raped-another-woman-ng-b88449469z

I am guessing police found the cord with unknown DNA on it and publicised the bedroom pictures to find a possible victim.

I am also guessing the alleged attack was not reported to police at the time would make it harder to prove especially if the lawyer actually tries to defend this one.

Scary to know why there is absolutely no information about this one.

Showing again in court on the Monday.
Date: Monday 24th April 2017 at 12:00p.m.Hearing Type: Part heard

Case #: 4 SCCRM-16-260

This once again shows as 4 which is what Salt Creek number was.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/sa/a/3078...ed-crimes-were-horrible-and-unexpected/#page1

What I don't understand in the latest reported trial, of the Tasmanian online girl friend is that in February 2016 police had shown pictures of his bedroom, page 1 of this thread has references to it wondering why they were posting pictures of his bedroom in the link above. The link below mentions that the cord was found in May which confuses me but I think this must be wrong. The May time only seems to be mentioned on the West website. The pictures don't seem to show cord on the bed in February.

https://thewest.com.au/news/crime/salt-creek-kidnapper-tied-up-and-raped-another-woman-ng-b88449469z

I am guessing police found the cord with unknown DNA on it and publicised the bedroom pictures to find a possible victim.

I am also guessing the alleged attack was not reported to police at the time would make it harder to prove especially if the lawyer actually tries to defend this one.

Scary to know why there is absolutely no information about this one.

Showing again in court on the Monday.
Date: Monday 24th April 2017 at 12:00p.m.Hearing Type: Part heard

Case #: 4 SCCRM-16-260

This once again shows as 4 which is what Salt Creek number was.

The pillows look piled kind of oddly on that bed, don't they? As if they have perhaps been positioned that way ... to hide a cord tied there perhaps? I am presuming that the bedroom is in the home of the elderly father, as it says he lived there for about 12 months. Maybe loosely concealed the cord, in case his dad popped his head into the bedroom for any reason?
And what are those items laying on the pillows? More things purposely placed to make sure there has been no movement of the pillows?

The pillows look piled kind of oddly on that bed, don't they? As if they have perhaps been positioned that way ... to hide a cord tied there perhaps? I am presuming that the bedroom is in the home of the elderly father, as it says he lived there for about 12 months. Maybe loosely concealed the cord, in case his dad popped his head into the bedroom for any reason?
And what are those items laying on the pillows? More things purposely placed to make sure there has been no movement of the pillows?

My eyes may be seeing things, but I think I can see a knotted black cord/sash tied to the bed in the middle of where those two scrolled bits meet......

There's a knot beneath them imo.....I had a bed with a similar bedhead and there was no bulge there.....the metal doesn't meet like that.

It's just that the cloth is black, smaller and more subtle than I expected. (click on pic to make it bigger)

JMO though.

bed.jpg

My eyes may be seeing things, but I think I can see a knotted black cord/sash tied to the bed in the middle of where those two scrolled bits meet......

There's a knot beneath them imo.....I had a bed with a similar bedhead and there was no bulge there.....the metal doesn't meet like that.

It's just that the cloth is black, smaller and more subtle than I expected. (click on pic to make it bigger)

JMO though.

View attachment 115514

Yes, you are right. There is some kind of protrusion there. One that does not fit into the style of the bed. Good spotting!!

Here's a further enlargement. It appears that there's a knot in the cord immediately in front of the bottom curved piece of metal. The cord lines up perfectly, too perfectly IMO, with the vertical piece of metal. He's obviously trying to disguise its presence.

attachment.php

Here's a further enlargement. It appears that there's a knot in the cord immediately in front of the bottom curved piece of metal. The cord lines up perfectly, too perfectly IMO, with the vertical piece of metal. He's obviously trying to disguise its presence.

attachment.php

Yes, re disguising its presence!

It's a dark trophy. One that he could just glance at and relive what he'd done imo.

Also, it's ever-ready to be used again. Who knows how many other women he used it on.........?

This is exactly the reason why IMO.

This appears to be normal sub judice, to me. Ongoing trials, ongoing juries. Cannot be affecting the outcomes of the trials by publishing this creep's priors all over the place.

We did not hear about Adrian Bayley's multiple rapes in Victoria - during his trial for raping and murdering Jill Meagher, or even after for a while - until all of his rape trials had ended ... and he started appealing some of his sentences.

It's continuing on Wednesday. More for the lack of information. #2 hasn't been mentioned in the media at all.

Case Details

Participant: H, R. (SUPPRESSED)

Complainant: THE QUEEN (STATE)

Charge: -

Hearing Type: Part heard

Case #: 2 SCCRM-16-260

Counsel for the kidnapper, who cannot be identified, told the Supreme Court on Monday their client had yet to decide whether or not he would take the stand in his own defence.

Bill Boucaut SC, for the man, said his client’s “election” hinged upon a still-outstanding report from Dr Paul Furst, head of the state’s forensic community mental health service.

“He was to be reporting this morning, however for the last two or three days he and a couple of his colleagues have been tied up on a bureaucratic nightmare,” he said.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...e/news-story/57bb505ee72210485cf89dd7b62ccbf4

Counsel for the kidnapper, who cannot be identified, told the Supreme Court on Monday their client had yet to decide whether or not he would take the stand in his own defence.

Bill Boucaut SC, for the man, said his client’s “election” hinged upon a still-outstanding report from Dr Paul Furst, head of the state’s forensic community mental health service.

“He was to be reporting this morning, however for the last two or three days he and a couple of his colleagues have been tied up on a bureaucratic nightmare,” he said.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...e/news-story/57bb505ee72210485cf89dd7b62ccbf4

And it really is a bureaucratic nightmare ... major troubles at that nursing home.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298
Back