Australia Australia - Two Female Backpackers attacked at Salt Creek, SA, 9 Feb 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh man :facepalm:

It just gets worse with this guy.

They kept this quiet, I have to say!!! Thanks to you sleuthers for finding it!!!

Oh man :facepalm:

It just gets worse with this guy.

They kept this quiet, I have to say!!! Thanks to you sleuthers for finding it!!!

I was actually looking to see if there was anything about the other case and came up with the case number the RH suppressed name seemed familiar and googled it and came back to this thread. I assumed that by trial they meant sentencing.

I wouldn't have thought it would have had the same case number. It will be interesting to see if he is a witness or not. While there is her DNA on the cord, she was staying there. If he is a witness, is it her word against his. I have all these questions I would like to ask, like was it reported before May or was it only upon further investigation.

Judge Kelly was the judge on the Salt Lake Trial so has the background information. It must be a hard job to make a decision on a case like this without bias.

I am still shaking my head on this one. Obviously with his sick mind, he must have considered he did nothing wrong leaving the evidence at his place.

There really are no words for this guy. He is chilling.

yet another very brazen attack which either shows sheer stupidity or a calculating and escalating serial rapist that thinks he can do it in his own bedroom and leave an electronic footprint of dealings leading up to the crime.

These are the five school mates from Melbourne, on a round-Australia fishing trip, who rescued the missing German girl after, inexplicably, a group of off-duty cops kept fishing instead of leading the search.

attachment.php

Her father says she has always been fiercely independent. He is fiercely proud.

She doesn’t want people to feel sorry for her. She doesn’t want to be a victim. She won’t let a random encounter with evil steal the life she loves.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...k/news-story/f9328be56e6d1a731c75d4c5fe55a6ed

I just wanted to sat to the group of men posted in the above pic,I really hope your all proud of your actions in helping this young woman and I truly hope I raised my young son's to be as brave and moral if faced with a similar situation, your all awesome x

I just wanted to sat to the group of men posted in the above pic,I really hope your all proud of your actions in helping this young woman and I truly hope I raised my young son's to be as brave and moral if faced with a similar situation, your all awesome x

Agreed. These boys are true heroes.
IIRC in the same article it was mentioned there was off duty police fishing on the same beach and they wouldn't involve themselves. Oh my!

:seeya: Hello sweet MsAnais. You are gold!

It intrigues me that a small percentage of the population can float to the surface and do some of the most horrific acts upon other humans.

What separates a normal human to become a monster like this or maybe they were never normal.
Are they born like this and it lays dormant or is it incidences that happen to them that creates the evil? Maybe he was abused, did daddy take his teddy or he suffered a mental problem.

I firmly believe *advertiser censored*, especially violent *advertiser censored* addiction, can short-circuit the brain. Similar to long term drug taking. Interestingly Ted Bundy blamed *advertiser censored* addiction.
Your thoughts are invaluable.

I'm totally gobsmacked that he was so brazen to do this in his home and then allowed her to leave. What was he thinking, that she'd say "Thanks for the memories" and then return to Tassie. We now have a third very lucky survivor.

Obviously this case will be very different to the first. She met him online, travelled to his home and had an intense, albeit short, relationship with him. You can just imagine what the defence barrister will say during cross-examination.

While Australia has one of the highest rates of reported sexual assault in the world, according to figures issued by the Australian Institute of Criminology, an estimated 70 per cent of sexual assaults incidents are not reported to police. The following article has some shocking statistics.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2015/07/17/sexual-assault-how-common-it-australia

“The man, 60, is awaiting sentencing over the Salt Creek offences and has flagged an appeal to his convictions”.

I nearly fell off my chair when I read this and can’t begin to imagine what possible grounds he would have to appeal.

https://thewest.com.au/news/crime/salt-creek-kidnapper-tied-up-and-raped-another-woman-ng-b88449469z

It’s frightening to think how many other victims he may have had over the years and it will be more than interesting to see if others come forward.

The above implies that 9 further victims have provided statements. The mind boggles to think that's it's possible many more are prepared to face trial.

The above implies that 9 further victims have provided statements. The mind boggles to think that's it's possible many more are prepared to face trial.

Wow. Thanks for all that info JJ.

I hope ALL of the women he's attacked step forward, no matter how hard it may be for them.

This guy really needs to be put away for a LOOOOONNNNGGGG time.......he's so dangerous :scared:

:seeya: Hello sweet MsAnais. You are gold!

It intrigues me that a small percentage of the population can float to the surface and do some of the most horrific acts upon other humans.

What separates a normal human to become a monster like this or maybe they were never normal.
Are they born like this and it lays dormant or is it incidences that happen to them that creates the evil? Maybe he was abused, did daddy take his teddy or he suffered a mental problem.

I firmly believe *advertiser censored*, especially violent *advertiser censored* addiction, can short-circuit the brain. Similar to long term drug taking. Interestingly Ted Bundy blamed *advertiser censored* addiction.
Your thoughts are invaluable.

Hi TGY :seeya: (thank you for your kind words)

That is a HUGE question!! And different people believe different things....but the general consensus is that it's due to a combination of nature AND nurture.

So he may have been born with the neurological wiring to become a psychopath (which is what I personally think he is) and then significant traumatic events in his life combined to trigger and activate that propensity, allowing it to blossom.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that as a child there was violence in the home, possibly sexual abuse as well as mental illness in the family. (but this is all pure speculation on my behalf, obviously!!)

And absolutely re the *advertiser censored*. I don't think it's helping anything with a guy like this, who's already emotionally desensitised. It just normalises brutality against women (judging by the rape *advertiser censored* he was searching for) :facepalm:.

JMO

I'm appalled at the lack of information we get from Sean Fewster, or any other reporter, who is tweeting on this case. In the past I've sat in front of my PC for hours waiting for the trial to start. We aren't informed when proceedings are likely to get underway and only occasionally get told when there's a break for lunch. Once the trial starts, you can wait for anything up to an hour or even more with no word re what's happening. I think it's just plain shoddy.

I can only say that South African reporting is the best I've seen by far. I can't comment on US trials because I haven't watched any live due to the time difference.

It's now 11:30 in South Australia and not one word.

Can someone please tell me if this lack of info is the norm for Aussie trials.

I'm appalled at the lack of information we get from Sean Fewster, or any other reporter, who is tweeting on this case. In the past I've sat in front of my PC for hours waiting for the trial to start. We aren't informed when proceedings are likely to get underway and only occasionally get told when there's a break for lunch. Once the trial starts, you can wait for anything up to an hour or even more with no word re what's happening. I think it's just plain shoddy.

I can only say that South African reporting is the best I've seen by far. I can't comment on US trials because I haven't watched any live due to the time difference.

https://tenplay.com.au/news/adelaide/2017/4/18/salt-creek-attacker-faces-trial-again

This link above mentions its a closed court before Judge Kelly. It seems looking at the dates published on a lot of the links they have been published late (after 11pm) on Monday night. I am guessing they don't want us on Websleuths to be outraged any more than we are, since we are hanging out for every detail.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-04-18/salt-creek-attacker-on-trial-for-separate-rape-case/8451400

Noticed this today.
http://www.courts.sa.gov.au/CaseLists/Pages/Supreme-Criminal.aspx

Supreme Court - Criminal Jurisdiction
Sir Samuel Way Building, Victoria Square, Adelaide Tuesday 18th April 2017 Note: Charges may change from the time this list is generated. Always check details with the Registry.

Case Details

Participant: H, R. (SUPPRESSED)
Complainant: THE QUEEN (STATE)
Charge: -
Hearing Type: For trial
Case #: 3 SCCRM-16-260

Tomorrow's case is showing as
[h=2]Case Details[/h] Participant: H, R. (SUPPRESSED)

Hearing Type: Part heard

Case #: 2 SCCRM-16-260

Noticing that for Tuesday it was Case #: 3 SCCRM-16-260 and for the backpacker trial it was Case #: 4 SCCRM-16-260. I am wondering if there are another 2 cases that we haven't heard about with at least one being tried today/yesterday.

I have no idea how case numbers are worked out so just a theory.

This type of suppression is not normal. I have only seen this type of suppression in cases involving incest with minors.

Tomorrow's case is showing as
Case Details

Participant: H, R. (SUPPRESSED)

Hearing Type: Part heard

Case #: 2 SCCRM-16-260

Noticing that for Tuesday it was Case #: 3 SCCRM-16-260 and for the backpacker trial it was Case #: 4 SCCRM-16-260. I am wondering if there are another 2 cases that we haven't heard about with at least one being tried today/yesterday.

I have no idea how case numbers are worked out so just a theory.
There was the earlier traffic / dangerous driving charges he had to appear in court for. Least serious charges are typically heard first.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avah
Back