Australia Australia - Two Female Backpackers attacked at Salt Creek, SA, 9 Feb 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Maybe that's another reason to suppress. All the stuff ups across state borders that have allowed RH to carry on will cause a massive fall-out and bring the entire justice system into disrepute. I wonder what other crimes RH has been convicted of/a suspect in/ responsible for/ let off on..... I still don't understand how RH can go to trial and his identity and details of the case cannot be released to the public. The public has a right to know and the media should be able to inform us.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ing-peter-falconios-changed-a-detectives-life
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-...ator-laments-anniversary-with-no-body/7580682
interesting that these two articles were recently released, with the lead detective feeling the need to justify the conviction. She doesn't seem very objective with comments to the effect of Murdoch reminded her of her nasty father (!) and she knew he was guilty from the outset (!). Wtf, that's no reason to convict someone. The DNA evidence sounds bogus. I never heard about the maryjane hairtie being found. They are a very common thing. Was it verified as Joanne's or is this just speculation on the detective's part. Having long hair myself, I buy those ties by the packet and I'm always dropping them everywhere. I occasionally notice ones that people have dropped in the street, at work, on the bus etc. Maryjane ties are generic, mass produced and commonly used by women in Australia like bobby pins. A maryjane hairtie as a trophy? Really?....lol

Reading Bloodstain now due to this thread - I must say it makes a convincing argument to Murdoch's innocence. Though I am all too aware that this stuff can be off the mark with some notable big instances lately, so once I finish I am diving in on the Falconio case good and proper. I have never given it much attention but it is reminding me of the woman whose husband was shot when they were riding jetskis on the US/Mexico border, anyone remember that one?? Super dodgy story.

The name being withheld is this case is super strange.

Reading Bloodstain now due to this thread - I must say it makes a convincing argument to Murdoch's innocence. Though I am all too aware that this stuff can be off the mark with some notable big instances lately, so once I finish I am diving in on the Falconio case good and proper. I have never given it much attention but it is reminding me of the woman whose husband was shot when they were riding jetskis on the US/Mexico border, anyone remember that one?? Super dodgy story.

The name being withheld is this case is super strange.

Ozazure, once you've finished reading Bloodstain I think you'll find yourself wanting to read all of the other books on the Falconio case, including Joanne Lee's book No Turning Back. Looking forward to reading your thoughts in the Falconio thread.

The accused is set to appear for his arraignment in the S.A Supreme Court on Monday at 10am.

Bloodstain is a great book, i have read it numerous times. I too have read many of the other Falconio books and in my opinion Bradly Murdoch had nothing to do with it. In fact i wouldn't be surprised if Peter showed up alive one day. You know Joanne Lees has "visited" Australia at least once or twice since Peter "died". I wonder what wold be here for her to return to?
Certainly makes you wonder.

Ozazure, once you've finished reading Bloodstain I think you'll find yourself wanting to read all of the other books on the Falconio case, including Joanne Lee's book No Turning Back. Looking forward to reading your thoughts in the Falconio thread.

It appears the suppression orders are still in place. It is meant to be an open system of justice - yet we are not allowed to know a single thing about the accused or the crimes he is alleged to have committed. I don't understand??? I wish the media organisations would take the validity of such a broad suppression order lasting past arraignment to court to be overturned. The media should be able to report it. are they waiting until a jury is sworn? I don't get it.... Can anyone provide a legal explanation for this? This is bordering on protecting the accused from scrutiny.

I am pretty sure the extensive suppression order is in place for the purposes of a future criminal trial by jury in which case they are trying to avoid the possibility of an "unfair" trial whereby the jury has already been influenced by prior knowledge of the case. If this happens then there is the possibility that the defendant could escape conviction by claiming an unfair trial...essentially getting off on a technicality.

Apparently there already exists legislation in South Australia that prevents this from happening but the judge presiding wanted to make doubly sure that this did not happen. Another purported explanation has been because there exists other cases which may be affected or that the defendant has involvement in other cases and by releasing his details this would also affect the potential outcome. This may be to do with what has been discussed on here already ie. Falconio/Murdoch et al.

Please correct me if there is a better explanation for the suppression order.

The defendants next hearing is on October 7th at the SA Supreme Court for a directions hearing...this from the Courts SA website:

A directions hearing is a brief hearing in front of a judge or commissioner. It is a chance for the judge or commissioner to discuss the progress of the appeal and give ‘directions’ to the parties.
[h=1]Matters requiring a directions hearing[/h]Not every matter in the ERD Court has a direction hearing. They are only scheduled if they are considered necessary.
They are often used:

• to set a date for hearing (if one has not already been set).
  • to give ‘directions’ to the parties about the things that need to be done to get ready for the hearing.
^ Top
[h=1]Items to bring to the directions hearing[/h]You should bring a pen and paper so that you can make notes.
^ Top
[h=1]Location of the directions hearing[/h]Direction hearings are usually held in Adelaide, in a court room on the 5th level, Sir Samuel Way Building, Victoria Square. They may also be held via telephone link.
^ Top
[h=1]Duration of the directions hearing[/h]You can expect a directions hearing to be brief. They very rarely take more than half an hour and are more commonly over in about 10 to 15 minutes.
^ Top
[h=1]Court protocols at a directions hearing[/h]A directions hearing is usually held in a court room in front of a judge or commissioner. While it is a brief hearing it is a formal one. See Court Behaviour for further information.
Directions hearings are recorded on transcript. The parties to a matter can request a copy of the transcript however the appropriate fee is required prior to the transcript being provided. See Court Fees for further information.

Thanks for the explanation. Does that mean information will be released once jury members are selected? At what time does the jury get constituted?

On these last few points I am not so sure. I would hope so as a member of the public. My understanding is that once the jury is selected and the trial has begun then the jury is meant to be kept away from the media and potential news sources...anything that could influence their decision making, but again please correct me if I have got this wrong. I think the jury selection process goes something like this...letters are sent out to eligible people on the electoral roll (people over 18, not in essential jobs (police/doctors etc) , some students are exempt etc) and they then select the jury from this list. I believe that this happens once it is decided that the defendant has enough of a case to answer to go to trial, which presumably happens after the directions hearing.

I would imagine that there is a fair urgency to get this case to go to trial as soon as possible rather than the long wait that can accompany some other cases (ie. the nature of the alleged crimes, the fact that the main prosecution witnesses reside overseas and the possibility of other crimes being committed by the defendant).

There are two pinterest accounts under the accused's name. The first one is pinterest.com/romanheinze52 (it bears his photo). The second one is pinterest.com/romanheinze and does not bear any photo (but interesting to look that this user is following the delightful topic of "Crime Scenes"). The topic has pictures of serial killers and their crime scenes.

WOW..."I will never let any harm come to you by anyone or anything" !!

Yes, massive WOW. The dating profile is cringeworthy. The guy is a total narcissist!

images
Milat
attachment.php
Falconio's killer sketch
images
Bradley John Murdoch

Am I allowed to post a photo of Salt Creek guy as well?
IMO Salt Creek guy looks like any of these three.
Though I know Milat and Murdoch were in jail at the time of the Salt Creek attack.
Does anyone know if Salt Creek guy speaks with an accent?

There are some people who believe that Ivan Milat's brother and/or other family members were also responsible for the original backpacker killings. In some of the attacks, police said that it was the work of more than one person. Some believe that Milat took the fall for his brother, who was also involved. Then, there is the whole thing with the person who was related to Milat carrying out a similar crime.

I dont know if I believe that, but just wondering how many of these missing people could have been around or near where members of Milat's family were. He was the only one jailed for the original crimes leaving others (if there were accomplices) to continue to commit crimes.

I'm personally of the belief that Milat committed the offenses alone, however I just thought I'd post a different scenario. Some of those murders *could* if the theories are correct be linked to the Milat family. It seems far fetched, but there seem to have been a lot of murders in Australia that have similar characteristics (just from browsing this thread)

images
Milat
attachment.php
Falconio's killer sketch
images
Bradley John Murdoch

Though I know Milat and Murdoch were in jail at the time of the Salt Creek attack.

'Salt Creek guy' was born in Germany and spoke both German and English. That's all I know from reading the posts on this thread. Also, he stated on his FB profile that he had travelled back to Germany from Australia and lived there for approximately 20 years. That information is in an earlier post on this thread too. Whether he spoke English with an accent or not would depend on whether he had grown up in a bilingual household or English was his second language IMO.

images
Milat
attachment.php
Falconio's killer sketch
images
Bradley John Murdoch

imo Salt Creek guy looks *An Awful Lot* like Falconio's killer police sketch. A lot. I know sketches are just frameworks and can be pretty far off, but RH looks more like that drawing than Murdoch does.

In the RH arrest video, he doesn't say much but sounded like he spoke with an Australian accent. He is back in court today.

To me the colouring is a concern for Murdoch ... that is very dark facial hair, dark enough obviously to have been of note for the drawing like the shape of the mustache, and Murdoch has a fair person's eyebrows ... SC guy and Milat match the sketch a lot better. You would not ever describe Murdoch like that sketch. I still have to finish my Murdoch research but what I've learnt so far, I honestly don't like him for that crime. When you google SC's name there are some details on an unrelated forum that are shocking.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298
Back