Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gabe himself said he 'chucked her'.... .. to me, that's throwing, shoving, etc but hey.. the verdict is nearly in..
That's just the way Australians talk. In no way does it mean to throw or launch a human

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

That's just the way Australians talk. In no way does it mean to throw or launch etc..

Most people when they say chuck something in Aus. means to throw.

That's just the way Australians talk. In no way does it mean to throw or launch etc..

It means it was done with force. That's all we need to know.

You don't say "I chucked it in the corner" if you are placing something nicely on a table in the corner.
I don't even know why this is being discussed. Listen to the audio, it's pretty clear she was forced out there, whether it be by shoving, pushing, dragging, throwing.

I am Australian.. when I talk of 'chucking ' people, I mean pushing, shoving, hurling.... so Australians do mean exactly that when they say 'chucking'..

Just wondering - do they follow the SM of all jurors? Is it a prerequisite that jurors declare all of their SM for just such monitoring?

Have you read the Instagram post? She doesn't discuss the trial other to confirm she is on the jury. However, she is a prolific poster with a lot of followers so I think she won't be able to satisfy the judge that she didn't, read, see or discuss anything that could affect her impartiality.

I had a quick look at the Jury Act and it looked to me like the Judge could discharge her and get a unanimous vote from the remaining members. What do you think?

What is interesting is that she has been posting on Instagram for the whole trial and it has taken until today for the judge to find out.

Most people when they say chuck something in Aus. means to throw.
Example.. A vacuum cleaner sales man came to my house and after 5 mins I chucked him out

"Chuck it here" - throwing
"I chucked the clothes on the floor" - throwing
"Chuck it out" - throw it in the bin
"I chucked" - threw up.

3.20pm Qld. time.....Judge & Jury are back in Court room....ACTION !!!...

NOT GUILTY OF MURDER & NOT GUILTY OF MANSLAUGHTER...CH9 BRISBANE.

It means it was done with force. That's all we need to know.

You don't say "I chucked it in the corner" if you are placing something nicely on a table in the corner.
I don't even know why this is being discussed. Listen to the audio, it's pretty clear she was forced out there, whether it be by shoving, pushing, dragging, throwing.
How is it clear? how do you know she didnt lead them out there? Remember, she didnt want to leave at that stage.

I am worried about a possible mistrial. Maybe it is not this way in Australia---but in the states, if a juror gets tossed for social media stuff, they often scrap the whole thing and start over. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr