Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that the jury took so long to reach this conclusion, and kept returning with pertinent questions that the judge then told them to ignore, indicates they weren't happy about coming to this conclusion. The judge didn't give them any other choice, and basically forced their hand.

I have to say there are alot of men out there that are not happy with Tostee. He isn't revelled by all men, and I have a feeling he might be looking over his shoulder for a few of them. He has brought the male gender down a few notches, not just from his actions that night but over the course of his life. We have to hold onto the idea that there are men who do not stand behind him, do not condone his behaviour, and may just take any opportunity to show him that.

Edit: just to say I don't condone vigilante behaviour necessarily and certainly not inciting it....

I really feel like this verdict is no surprise. He's still to blame though. His actions still lead to her death.

What a bloody disgrace! I am embarrassed to be Australian right now. My thoughts are with Rrie's family.

I'm not surprised at the outcome. It was always going to be a hard sell.

People know who and what GT is at least.

Wonder if World of Carpets will be full of well-wishers and slapping backs in the days to come. Realistically the Tostee name will be social poison on the Gold Coast JMO.

I think that would be tough. Without some sort of new clear, incriminating evidence, the second time around would just be a repeat.

You know what would be nice? If they actually found out what that object was that GT was so hellbent on removing from the scene moments after Warriena fell to her death. That would be nice.

The fact that the jury took so long to reach this conclusion, and kept returning with pertinent questions that the judge then told them to ignore, indicates they weren't happy about coming to this conclusion. The judge didn't give them any other choice, and basically forced their hand.

Yep. Like the way she wasn't on his property when she was out on his balcony.

I have to say there are alot of men out there that are not happy with Tostee. He isn't revelled by all men, and I have a feeling he might be looking over his shoulder for a few of them. He has brought the male gender down a few notches, not just from his actions that night but over the course of his life. We have to hold onto the idea that there are men who do not stand behind him, do not condone his behaviour, and may just take any opportunity to show him that.

I mean, maybe when i see it i'll believe it. But it's still not going to have any influence over men who are predatory in their nature.

I am interested in how the citizens of Surfers Paradise react to this verdict... what the community expectation was, and how this verdict met that expectation.

Yep. No doubt.

Men have just been given a green light (again.) Basically men are allowed to behave however they like but women will always be held to a higher standard. We're responsible for ourselves when we're intoxicated, but men's behaviour is excused when they're intoxicated.
I don't see that. I'm sorry. His level of intoxication wasn't what created the reasonable doubt. In fact, his level of intoxication was never determined.

Sorry Warriena :(
I don't have many other words right now. My gut knew this would happen, but I always held out hope.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Now to hear from those celebrating a woman's death...really hating our justice system right now. Things need to change.

I'm celebrating but I'm not celebrating a woman's death. I'm celebrating the integrity of our justice system. I know a lot of posters here think that the system sucks but one day, either you or someone you know or love will be facing charged and you will see that the protections that resulted in GTs acquittal are there for a very good reason. And you will be grateful for them.

I am very sad that a woman died a tragic, horrific and unnecessary death.

I agree. The law. pfft

The jury evidently could not find that needle in the haystack, with their hands tied behind their backs and one eye poked out with a stick.

I feel truly sorry for them. This will haunt them for a long time to come, and all because they were not allowed to consider ALL of the evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties