Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, it's back to the gym, back to the tanning bed, back to the clubs and back on Tinder. Business as usual.

Yep, and there is at least one woman and her loved ones out there right now that, unbeknownst to them, are likely to be feeling devastation at today's decision in the future for very personal reasons. He will reoffend IMO - how, when, why, well....we wait.

Seemed to me that anything that put him in a bad light was told to be disregarded.

That's just the way Australians talk. In no way does it mean to throw or launch a human

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

That's Queenslanders for you. We are much more polite the further South you go. :snooty:

Now, Eric Thomas, go forth and live a blameless life.

Nahhhh. Not gonna happen. See ya's in the news next time :seeya:

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou [video=twitter;788978350291230720]https://twitter.com/KateKyriacou/status/788978350291230720[/video]
Gable Tostee's solicitor Nick Dore made a brief statement outside court, expressed relief. Tostee stood next to him, didn't speak.

I agree. The law. pfft

The jury evidently could not find that needle in the haystack, with their hands tied behind their backs and one eye poked out with a stick.

I feel truly sorry for them. This will haunt them for a long time to come, and all because they were not allowed to consider ALL of the evidence.

You're asking 12 people who weren't there to read her mind, which they couldn't realistically do, even if they were there watching.

Yes I listened to the recording. Yes it's emotional. Yes, he's on the piggier side. He didn't pick her up and toss her off the balcony.

If you shove your husband onto a balcony and lock the door because he is being abusive, be grateful that if he decides to climb down to another balcony and falls, that the precedent wasn't set for you to automatically be found guilty of his murder.

It will be interesting to see if he has the sense to stay off that godawful brah board. They are already rejoicing.

I am interested in how the citizens of Surfers Paradise react to this verdict... what the community expectation was, and how this verdict met that expectation.
They will re embrace Gable as a victim who has been done wrong, and rightly so. He did nothing wrong. really.

I'm kinda confused as to how they reached a verdict of not guilty after being instructed to disregard what GT says on the audio.

Can someone explain how removing his comments make it more likely he's not guilty? When I listen to the final minutes of the audio without his comments, it sounds even worse because there is no evidence of her even trying to hit him once you remove all his comments. Or were they supposed to cherrypick? Disregard his nasty comments to warriena, but still consider the ones that worked in GT's favour?

Seriously mindboggled right now.
It's not so much disregard, as it is not applicable as to whether he forced her off the balcony or not. Things like whether he had pizza or tacos don't determine his guilt.

So some reporter who uses journalistic licence to colloquially describe distillate in a headline as 'moonshine', is a source for your facts? A reporter who has never even seen the item in question, let alone tested it? SMH

An inference CAN be made if he had a distiller and there was drunken behaviour. Moonshine or whatever you want to call it, it was enough to put her over the limit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm celebrating but I'm not celebrating a woman's death. I'm celebrating the integrity of our justice system. I know a lot of posters here think that the system sucks but one day, either you or someone you know or love will be facing charged and you will see that the protections that resulted in GTs acquittal are there for a very good reason. And you will be grateful for them.

I am very sad that a woman died a tragic, horrific and unnecessary death.
I agree. Justice was served perfectly.

AND that is how you get away with murder.....I feel so so sorry for WW's family, friends & supporters & ashamed to be a Queenslander right now, because of our Justice System.....A BLOODY DISGRACE !!!...:shame::sick::maddening::tears::furious:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME