Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to see someone post some common sense for a change. Accident's can happen due to bad choices from all involved and as I've said before, There doesn't always have to be someone to blame from an accident.

What do you do when you have witnessed or been a party to an accident?

Do as the downstairs neighbours did.
Dial 000 and try and render assistance?

Or call your lawyer and rack off with your guest's phone?

Gabe's last words to Rrie. "You have been a bad girl". Yeah, she was trying to make a lot of noise. hmmm

I do not agree with him getting one cent. It is morally wrong. imo

Non the less I am actually looking forward to In Gabe's words.

Just my view without too much information but initial information. They got drunk, they got belligerent, they had sex, they were really drunk, what were the alcohol levels?, he said calm the heck down or I'm locking you on the balcony, time out?, the belligerence doesn't stop so he locks her out on the balcony, maybe he thinks it's funny, she's drunk and says FTS I'm leaving and tries to climb down, saw a picture where it looked like that was what she was doing and lost her footing and that's it. I don't see murder, I don't see mystery, I don't see anything but egos and attitudes on this one and copious amounts of booze. RIP little one, we should all make better choices and not display risky behavior. It is a lesson to all.

You may change your mind when you listen to the three hour recording Gable made without Warriena's knowledge. That is, until just before he 'chucked her out on the balcony' or, then again, you may not. I'm interested to read your next post once you do.

Good to see someone post some common sense for a change. Accidents can happen due to bad choices from all involved and as I've said before, There doesn't always have to be someone to blame from an accident.

JD with respect the Queensland Coroner is yet to hand down his finding into the cause of death of Warriena Tagpuno Wright so let's not jump the gun before an inquest has been held.

JD with respect the Queensland Coroner is yet to hand down his finding into the cause of death of Warriena Tagpuno Wright so let's not jump the gun before an inquest has been held.

Yes Bo and Mr Tostee might get get an invite to that.
To yet again explain *in his words*. With no payments either.

Social media reacts to snippet of Gable Tostee interview with 60 Minutes

Nathan Torpey, Greg Stolz, The Courier-Mail
November 7, 2016 11:02am

Police are “disgusted” that Gable Tostee is doing the paid interview with 60 Minutes.

The deal has outraged police, including detectives who worked on the case.

“It’s disgusting,’’ one senior detective told the The Courier-Mail.

“There’s a lot of anger among police about this. Of course we respect the court’s decision to find him not guilty but for him to now do a paid interview, after everything this poor girl’s family has been through, is horrific.

“It might be legally okay but for Tostee to profit from Warriena’s death is morally repugnant.’’

The officer said the deal was a ‘sad indictment’ on the media.

BBM: UBM:

When you think about it, what the heck good is going to come out of this program?

- Tostee/Thomas will look even more like a complete uncaring fool.
- Warriena’s family will be subjected to hurt upon hurt.
- Tostee/Thomas’ family will suffer further embarrassment.
- 60 Minutes will further appear as the insensitive program they are showing themselves to be.
- The advertising sponsors during the program will be frowned on for paying for that spot.
- The police will be further angered by the lack of compassion.
- Tostee/Thomas’ lawyers will (hopefully) be embarrassed that they represented this jerk.
- Tostee/Thomas’ new girlfriend will be proud, and then be upset by the social media disgust.

Oh, I guess Tostee will be able to pay for a bit of his legal fees, and some of the bros will say 'onya, maaaaaate!!!!' Well, that makes it worth it. :facepalm:

- Tostee/Thomas’ new girlfriend will be proud, and then be upset by the social media disgust.

She may well 'stand by her man' but I don't think he has demonstrated an ability to understand any nuances of emotion, and it could all end in pain for her IMO

She may well 'stand by her man' but I don't think he has demonstrated an ability to understand any nuances of emotion, and it could all end in pain for her IMO

Yes, her pain is not far away. He doesn't like to be with just one sloot, gets bored.

Social media reacts to snippet of Gable Tostee interview with 60 Minutes

Nathan Torpey, Greg Stolz, The Courier-Mail
November 7, 2016 11:02am

Police are “disgusted” that Gable Tostee is doing the paid interview with 60 Minutes.

The deal has outraged police, including detectives who worked on the case.

“It’s disgusting,’’ one senior detective told the The Courier-Mail.

“There’s a lot of anger among police about this. Of course we respect the court’s decision to find him not guilty but for him to now do a paid interview, after everything this poor girl’s family has been through, is horrific.

“It might be legally okay but for Tostee to profit from Warriena’s death is morally repugnant.’’

The officer said the deal was a ‘sad indictment’ on the media.

BBM: UBM:

The legal and law enforcement fraternity in my State have been abuzz with talk of this case. Whilst they believe that he is legally not guilty given the Prosecution case against him and the performance of his Defence barrister, the greater percentage from all sides do not believe he is morally innocent of causing Warriena's death. They, too, find his actions post-trial repugnant, as do I.

He's innocent. He hasn't done anything wrong.

He won the case - in any other jurisdiction he'd get indemnity costs.

This would have cost him $200,000 at least. His father deserves to recoup some of his retirement fund.

This would have cost him $200,000 at least. His father deserves to recoup some of his retirement fund.

7797744-1x1-940x940.jpg

He was found 'Not Guilty'. He was not found 'Innocent'. End of story.

IMO His father may have been wiser to spend his money sending his son to therapy, rather than continuing to pay his lawyers' fees. I feel for his father but, at some stage, you have to let your sons grow up and take responsibility for their actions and/or mistakes. It's difficult but if you do otherwise you risk their ruin and your own.

His parents did not have to pay for Tostee’s lawyers. If they did so, that was their choice.

If Tostee had been sentenced to 20 years in jail for murder, his parents would not have recouped their money, would they?

Yes, he may owe a huge debt to his parents. Perhaps he should try working more-than-part-time, maybe even two jobs, and pay them as he can.

But he is after the quick money, the easy money, the immediate gratification. At the expense of many other things that matter to society.

ETA: Why does everyone call it his father's money? His parents are both money earners. Let's move into 2016, peeps.

Legally he may have been found not guilty. That does not mean that he's innocent. Morally he is guilty and always will be. He did everything wrong and continues to do so. He would not take the stand in court to tell his side of the story the night Warriena died but he can accept a six figure sum to tell his lies on national television. That is morally repugnant. Irrespective of what money he owes to whom, Gable Tostee is morally repugnant and IMO guilty of causing Warriena Wright's death.

His parents did not have to pay for Tostee’s lawyers. If they did so, that was their choice.

If Tostee had been sentenced to 20 years in jail for murder, his parents would not have recouped their money, would they?

Yes, he may owe a huge debt to his parents. Perhaps he should try working more-than-part-time, maybe even two jobs, and pay them as he can.

But he is after the quick money, the easy money, the immediate gratification. At the expense of many other things that matter to society.

ETA: Why does everyone call it his father's money? His parents are both money earners. Let's move into 2016, peeps.

Exactly! Tostee's parents have enabled him with his arseholic behaviour for years. If they're out of pocket, that's their problem.

Exactly! Tostee's parents have enabled him with his arseholic behaviour for years. If they're out of pocket, that's their problem.

Source? Statistically, his father probably brought in the wealth and high earnings, but I accept it's his family's money as his parent's likely both contributed equally in their natural gender roles.

Yes, this is not some pimply-faced youth we are talking about in Gable's case. He is 30 years old FFS and this is not the first time he has come to the attention of authorities. IMO there were many red flags that were ignored, even rewarded.

Parenting is often a very difficult job and sometimes you have to put your own feelings aside in order that your children can mature. This should be the end of any material support from Gable's parents. They can love him but maybe it's wise for them to love him from afar for a while.

For all of his character flaws, I doubt if Gable is a stupid person. When faced with the challenge of taking responsibility for himself and being an adult he may shine. If not, he will hit rock bottom regardless of any intervention from his parents. That's the risk we take as parents when we bring a child into the world. There are no guarantees, ever.

I agree.
This is not the first time either and It just may not be the last.
imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member