Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
More news

HE CAN'T REMEMBER WHAT HE DID, BUT HE HAS THE PRESENCE OF MIND TO PHONE HIS LAWYER AND HIS FATHER.

He also said "I will be your sex slave, you can do anything you want to me." Sounds to me like he was playing it up the entire time. Sounds like a sex game that might have gone wrong - she didn't do what he wanted or do exactly what he wanted. After reading so much about the state of mind of that utter creep I have no doubt it was all a ploy. So desperate to get laid he suggests being a sex slave. She ties him up and he freaks because he is no longer in control. He then regains that control with all of the horror that comes afterwards with him throttling her, threatening her constantly - "Are you going to f------ untie me because I will f------ destroy your jaw”. It's pretty clear to me to see it for what it is.

It will be interesting to see it in context...

To be honest I wouldn't let someone tie me up unless I implicitly trusted them and even then to be honest I would be hesitant. Just my personal feelings and probably reading too much WS late at night :p I would just feel too vulnerable in some ways. This doesn't excuse Tostee's reaction afterwards as he was willing to be tied up. Maybe Rrie in her drunk state smacked him too hard on the bum and Tostee was only pretending to be into as he thought it would help get him laid. I don't know...but BDSM requires a lot of trust in my opinion and is not really something to play with a one night stand I would have thought. Each to their own though, people are into all sorts of things. I wonder if Tostee was intoxicated? Probably not knowing his style...he plies the girls with alcohol and stays sober but then also has bouts of black out drunkenness...oh far out this is doing my head in at 5am.

I Wonder how drunk he was also. Single guy, no food in fridge, perhaps ordering the pizza was intended to sober him up knowing the S**T storm coming his way. He mentions keys. Where are my keys etc. Did he lock his apartment door from the inside earlier and hide his keys. Get in a struggle and used the balcony instead to lock her out as he couldn't recall where his keys where. Or was all baloney for the tape recorder..

To be honest I wouldn't let someone tie me up unless I implicitly trusted them and even then to be honest I would be hesitant. Just my personal feelings and probably reading too much WS late at night :p I would just feel too vulnerable in some ways. This doesn't excuse Tostee's reaction afterwards as he was willing to be tied up. Maybe Rrie in her drunk state smacked him too hard on the bum and Tostee was only pretending to be into as he thought it would help get him laid. I don't know...but BDSM requires a lot of trust in my opinion and is not really something to play with a one night stand I would have thought. Each to their own though, people are into all sorts of things. I wonder if Tostee was intoxicated? Probably not knowing his style...he plies the girls with alcohol and stays sober but then also has bouts of black out drunkenness...oh far out this is doing my head in at 5am.

He also said "I will be your sex slave, you can do anything you want to me." Sounds to me like he was playing it up the entire time. Sounds like a sex game that might have gone wrong - she didn't do what he wanted or do exactly what he wanted. After reading so much about the state of mind of that utter creep I have no doubt it was all a ploy. So desperate to get laid he suggests being a sex slave. She ties him up and he freaks because he is no longer in control. He then regains that control with all of the horror that comes afterwards with him throttling her, threatening her constantly - "Are you going to f------ untie me because I will f------ destroy your jaw”. It's pretty clear to me to see it for what it is.

It will be interesting to see it in context...

It was a female voice saying the jaw would be destroyed, apparently.

I just read a New Zealand news article online about this case. It sounds like a well crafted crime show. Too bad there is a real death in this version. I'll be reading to catch up from my home here in Los Angeles. Look forward to sleuthing with you all internationally.

It sounds to me like Warriena was the one at *his* mercy, and he's been inappropriate toward her, so she's tried to 'tough' her way out of it, being that she's tied up - and maybe panicking a bit. Uggggh imagine someone with that sort of mind, and you're tied up.. Then he's obviously untied her, and maybe she's hit him in attempt to get by and leave - and he's retaliated.

I for sure think he left her dangling off that balcony now. "I can't remember" --- is the clincher. Also, people saw "legs dangling". Not "a woman climbing". She was not heard calling over the rails for help, which I would have done, at the top of my lungs if I was a woman stuck out a balcony with a violent guy inside. I don't think she had time. There were several screams *before* she fell, and I think this is where he's left her dangling over the side. The phone was inside, still recording... he could not manage both the phone and Warriena...

And he can't remember. But yep, is otherwise perfectly able to function.

I *HOPE* there's Kiwis in lockup...

Also, if he gets off because of the document leak --- well, I will be eyeballing THAT.

Mr O'Gorman would know that the documents in support/opposition of the bail application, once filed, are a matter of public record.
Pre-release of allegations of the police of what is going to be presented to the Judge, might be titilating but I can't see it being harmful.
I was checking the civil records myself to see what had been filed apart from the application, and both side's material was filed last Friday, before the coming Monday's Bail application.
Unless the court orders a suppression on material, then anyone may look - for a fee - and I presume that's what the CM asked to do, and made some notes of the content of the affidavit.
Those who were following the Baden-Clay case may remember that posters here later obtained copies of some of the affidavits and exhibits that were lodged in relation to his bail applications.
In that case though, the affidavits weren't filed until the day of the bail hearing so no time for anyone to access them before the judge did.
The relevant rule here is
UNIFORM CIVIL PROCEDURE RULES 1999 - SECT 981

981 Searches
(1) A person may ask the registrar to search for and permit the person to inspect a document in a court file.

(2) If the person is not a party or a representative of a party, the person asking for the search or inspection must pay any prescribed fee for the search or inspection.

(3) Subject to any court order restricting access to the file or document or the file or document being required for the court's use, the registrar must comply with the request, unless there is not enough information for the registrar to be able to comply with it.

(4) The registrar may also, on payment of the prescribed fee, issue a certificate of the result of the search.

And this is from the Qld Courts site:

"Search and copy court documents
In Queensland, you can access files used in civil court cases in the Brisbane Supreme and District courts.

You can choose to look through these documents, or get a copy of them.

You can apply to our search and copy team to obtain court documents whether you are a legal practitioner or a member of the public.

Before you start

You will need to know the file number and/or document details before you start. You can find this information by searching the Queensland Courts Party Search.

Application fees

If you are a party to the requested matter, you will not need to pay a search fee. However, if the file is one that we keep offsite, you will need to pay a collection fee. If you choose to get a copy of the documents - instead of just viewing them - you will need to pay a copy fee.

If you are not a party to the requested matter, you will need to pay a search fee. Copy fees and offsite collection fees will also apply.

View search and copy fees.
Timeframe

It can take up to 72 hours to get your documents ready after you complete this application form.

We will contact you to let you know once your documents are ready for you to search, or your copies are ready to collect.

Legislation

View the legislation relating to searching and copy civil court documents.
By way of a PS, remember that any eventual trial, it is the evidence that is presented to the Jury that matters - and jurers will be selected who probably haven't taken an intense interest in what's being published now.

nowvoyager, thanks a heap for your insight, I feel a bit less concerned about him getting a walk over the docs now. You're a legend. :)

I wonder if Mr O'Gorman will be as vocal about the liberties of the women/girls who were unknowingly recorded by Tostee, and had the recordings posted on the internet for all to listen to?

Now, that is illegal and not right.

I wonder if Mr Gorman will be as vocal about the liberties of the women/girls who were unknowingly recorded by Tostee, and had the recordings posted on the internet for all to listen to?

yeah does make you wonder ..... good point....

I think it was Warriena who was tied up, tarjessi. Either willingly or unwillingly. But she certainly did not seem to like being tied up ... hence her claims of being a ninja and asking him if he was going to untie her, and trying to tough her way out of it.

.... a woman boasting of being a “ninja” and telling him: “Are you going to f------ untie me because I will f------ destroy your jaw”.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...050160636?nk=32b7e37fe3a158b110612ff7cdc23dc0

Things were getting very ugly at that point and, who knows, Warriena may have done kick-boxing or some other sport/self defense activity that allowed her to think that if she got untied she may be able to defend herself and get away. Photos I have seen of Warriena certainly show her doing many activities .. skydiving, skiing .. among them.

It also sounds to me as if Warriena may have been unclothed, by the way Tostee said "I am going to walk you out of the apartment just the way you are ...." until 3mins later when he rapidly changed his mind and told her "I would (let her go home) but you have been a bad girl".

I wonder if Mr Gorman will be as vocal about the liberties of the women/girls who were unknowingly recorded by Tostee, and had the recordings posted on the internet for all to listen to?

THIS is the point:
However officers close to the Mr Tostee investigation were also said to have been furious at the release of the affidavit prior to the bail hearing, but were not willing to speak on the record.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ng-ogorman-20140906-10dgdn.html#ixzz3CaNqtg4S

His worry is about principles and process. Not detail.

When the woman accuses him of stealing her phone, the man replies: "I should never have given you so much to drink. I thought we were going to have fun"
Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...y-sex-with-alleged-victim#7lSAfdcRz6yCCOst.99

Poor Rrie. That <modsnip> even took her phone.

He had quite a few phones stashed in the basement. I wonder if other women will come forward having 'lost' their phones after a night with GT. His need to control may extend to keeping trophies. Or not.

BT article has been updated. Im not quite sure if its this bit thats been added

Mr O'Gorman sighted a story run by News Corp last month, also on Mr Tostee, which detailed police allegations under the banner of 'exclusive', and also a Channel 10 series which will see reporters embedded with police.

However officers close to the Mr Tostee investigation were also said to have been furious at the release of the affidavit prior to the bail hearing, but were not willing to speak on the record.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ng-ogorman-20140906-10dgdn.html#ixzz3CaPtPDbQ

THIS is the point:

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/quee...#ixzz3CaNqtg4S

His worry is about principles and process. Not detail.

Yes ... I guess I just don't agree with certain principles and process. It annoys the heck out of me that perpetrators have prior crimes and criminal history suppressed prior to trial .. and I don't mind current details being released, as in the US system, prior to trial. I personally don't think it is up to the judicial system to decide if a jury is intelligent enough to sort the wheat from the chaff.

We protect the perps far too much .. imo .. and squelch the voice of the victims, who are too often no longer here to have their say.

Yes ... I guess I just don't agree with certain principles and process. It annoys the heck out of me that perpetrators have prior crimes and criminal history suppressed prior to trial .. and I don't mind current details being released, as in the US system, prior to trial. I personally don't think it is up to the judicial system to decide if a jury is intelligent enough to sort the wheat from the chaff.

But isn't it always the criminal defence lawyer claiming the trial will be biased? Not the system per say?

O'Gorman... protector of pedos. Is on the "ignore" list of my real life. He's right up there with fellow Civil Rights association leader and Claremont suspect Peter Weygers IMO.

But isn't it always the criminal defence lawyer claiming the trial will be biased? Not the system per say?

I think that it is both. The criminal defence lawyer always crying out that things will affect a 'fair trial'. And the system suppressing prior criminal history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryJane 55