Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is not new info but given the news delivered from NSW yesterday, thought I would have another looksy.

Gable Tostee is facing 4 separate charges.

He has 2 outstanding charges against him both related to an incident on the 27th January 2014. The recorded tuk tuk situation.
Assaulting a police officer - maybe obstruct according to some. lol : Whist being sprayed with capsicum spray that had no effect.

Then on the 27th July - High range drink driving following a high speed police chase from NSW and over the Qld border - that has landed him in a NSW :jail:
Coupled with him breaching the bail conditions that were in place from the January incident.

So when he faces court next he is facing his.
* 5th DUI whist driving offence in Qld (imo) with no number plates and driving on rims ha ha.
* Assaulting a police officer.
* Breaching bail conditions.

It would have to me more jail time surely.

Then there is the other charge of murder.
http://www.news.com.au/national/gab...-warriena-wright/story-fncynjr2-1227057520144

I know this is not new info but given the news delivered from NSW yesterday, thought I would have another looksy.

Gable Tostee is facing 4 separate charges.

He has 2 outstanding charges against him both related to an incident on the 27th January 2014. The recorded tuk tuk situation.
Assaulting a police officer - maybe obstruct according to some. lol : Whist being sprayed with capsicum spray that had no effect.

Then on the 27th July - High range drink driving following a high speed police chase from NSW and over the Qld border - that has landed him in a NSW :jail:
Coupled with him breaching the bail conditions that were in place from the January incident.

So when he faces court next he is facing his.
* 5th DUI whist driving a car in Qld (imo) with no number plates and driving on rim ha ha.
* Assaulting a police officer.
* Breaching bail conditions.

It would have to me more jail time surely.

Then there is the other charge of murder.
http://www.news.com.au/national/gab...-warriena-wright/story-fncynjr2-1227057520144

Thanks soso, ok he's in gaol, his next court session is 13th March?

My question is if he is handed another sentence will he serve them concurrently? So he could be still out in 6-10 months to prepare for Warriena's murder trial.

I'm hoping he will be in gaol when the murder trial commences.

The sock draw is empty....amazing! Would the police have found the IP addresses before he appeared yesterday?

Thanks soso, ok he's in gaol, his next court session is 13th March?

My question is if he is handed another sentence will he serve them concurrently? So he could be still out in 6-10 months to prepare for Warriena's murder trial.

I'm hoping he will be in gaol when the murder trial commences.

The sock draw is empty....amazing! Would the police have found the IP addresses before he appeared yesterday?

I for one am hoping they are not concurrent.
Maybe Ali can shed some light.

Yep the sock draw is empty alright.

I for one am hoping they are not concurrent.
Maybe Ali can shed some light.

Yep the sock draw is empty alright.

For the same event across state boundaries, the charges relating to Qld laws will take into account the NSW sentence. I am taking a wild guess that he won't get additional jail time on top of the sentence in NSW. I also am guessing he will plead guilty in Qld as he did in NSW.

For the same event across state boundaries, the charges relating to Qld laws will take into account the NSW sentence. I am taking a wild guess that he won't get additional jail time on top of the sentence in NSW. I also am guessing he will plead guilty in Qld as he did in NSW.

Thanks Ali
That is disappointing.

I am not questioning you at all Ali
I am just gobsmacked.
That it is possible that someone can be on their 5th DUI and 4 times over the limit. While leading police on a high speed police chase whilst on bail from a previous incident and only receive a 6 month sentence.

You know your stuff and I am sure you are right.

But I just gotta say respectfully I hope you are wrong, because 6 months just seems not enough. imo

So we are left with the alleged assaulting a police officer back in January or would that have already been considered as well.

I am just a gobsmacked.
Me too.. gobsmacked is a polite term for my feelings on the subject. What does it TAKE to lose your license for good in QLD, I wonder?!

Killing someone? Will he have to eventually kill a carload of friends, maybe some other road users, before they take his right to drive away forever? How many -more- 'situations' will it take? One? Five?

FFS.... I'm just fuming over it. Ten months is an effin' joke.

Me too.. gobsmacked is a polite term for my feelings on the subject. What does it TAKE to lose your license for good in QLD, I wonder?!

Killing someone? Will he have to eventually kill a carload of friends, maybe some other road users, before they take his right to drive away forever? How many -more- 'situations' will it take? One? Five?

Yep many other words came to mind Ausgirl.

What does it take?

I am seriously lost for words.

Good to see you Ali! :seeya:
RBBM

Are the courts more lenient because he pleaded guilty?
Because of his personality type I surprised he didn't plead not guilty.

If 5 DUI's were not enough. His second police chase. :maddening:

Good to see you Ali! :seeya:
RBBM

Are the courts more lenient because he pleaded guilty?
Because of his personality type I surprised he didn't plead not guilty.

I think he was advised by a series of legal minds (and a couple of big teddies) to plead guilty, and to act completely 'born again' into a new responsible Gable who would never act immaturely or endanger a friend or a police officer whilst under the influence of ALCOHOL*.

Exhibit 1: Bail letter of contrition and repentance.

image.jpg

*the ALCOHOL, of course, MADE him do it. It was out of his control as THE ALCOHOL is the problem - NOT Gable, NOT peer pressure, NOT a screaming need for those friends to be with him to get him into a nightclub before lockout, because he wouldn't stand a chance alone because the bouncers are on to him. Not at all. Gable didn't do it, but he'll take the wrap for his good amigo Al K. Hall.

He has changed his name to Eric Thomas
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...e-to-eric-thomas/story-fnn8dlfs-1227207031292

Prominent people named Eric Thomas include a US motivational speaker known as the “hip hop preacher”, a former gridiron star and a US Olympic hurdler.It is unclear if he will appear as Tostee or Thomas when he next fronts court in Queensland.
He appeared under the name Gable Tostee when he faced Tweed Heads Local Court on Monday charged over the police pursuit.

:headache:​

Tostee’s lawyer, Nick Dore, said he could not comment on the name change.
He said he would continue to prepare for Tostee’s murder case while his client was in jail in NSW.

The hip hop preacher: http://www.etquotes.com/over-200-in...s-blueprint-to-success-mixtape-tgim-and-more/

Far canal! This bloke is a total nut job! Nut-jobby enough to put Rie onto the ledge of his balcony, run inside and close the door IMO. Eric Thomas! WTF!! Wonder if he's a friend of Bruce Overland?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member