Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone get around to answering my question? How soon after the door was closed did she fall?

2.20 AM the door is closed, 2.21 AM she is over the edge. 2.23 AM is the 000 call. So the answer to your question is 1 minute. does this support she was scared for her life before she got out there, or does it support she thought she was on the ground floor?

Lets just say I dont trawl the BBF for hours and hours and hours because I'm unemployed and dream up fanciful hypotheses from it, and then spread them over various forums Lol, just lol.

More like reeking of jealousy, how many time now is that J Frost's mammaries have been brought up in this "mature" "discussion"?
Lol, just lol. The envy is supremely palpable!

you noticed? Never was really. Its a simple case, 2 young people made some mistakes. That's all there is to it in reality.

Yup, same as the last 200+ pages. Groundhog day. Repeating the same thing over and over, and expecting a different result. Did you guess , thats the definition of insanity.

BBM :thinking:

Buh Bye! :peace: Better luck next time! And the next time...and the next time...and the...:facepalm:

Lets just say I dont trawl the BBF for hours and hours and hours because I'm unemployed and dream up fanciful hypotheses from it, and then spread them over various forums Lol, just lol.

RSBM But following somebody all over the internet and keeping track of everything they post is A-OK! Glad there are jobs that allow leisure time for such activities.

2.20 AM the door is closed, 2.21 AM she is over the edge. 2.23 AM is the 000 call. So the answer to your question is 1 minute. does this support she was scared for her life before she got out there, or does it support she thought she was on the ground floor?

Her screams and continuing cries of "just let me go home" prior to her fall (in that approximate minute) kind of negate the idea that she thought she was on the ground floor or was just climbing about the balcony for a drunken laugh, or w/e.

It strongly suggests she was genuinely terrified for her life at that point.

I will have so much more to say once the ban on discussing the recording is lifted...

It's not really the same old to want to actually discuss what the facts might show what occurred on that fateful night.

Problem here is, we cannot fully discuss "the facts" because an important component of those facts cannot be discussed here... yet. There's stuff on the recording that does not appear on the transcripts released to msm. Also, the initial police transcript that was handed to msm contains several errors and doesn't put some of the comments in context (ie, doesn't take into account tone of voice, etc, which is important when dealing with he said/she said, IMO).

I dare say an updated, more thorough transcript plus the recording will available to the jury. I would sincerely hope so, anyway.

thanks Ali :)

ACCUSED balcony killer Gable Tostee’s bid for early release from prison in NSW has failed after his 10 month sentence was upheld at an appeal this morning.

Tostee appeared in the Lismore District Court this morning to appeal the 10 month sentence imposed for a high-speed police pursuit that started in NSW and finished in Queensland.

The court heard Tostee had been forced to stop taking his medication since he’d entered custody in NSW.

Legal Aid solicitor Philip Crick said the change to medication should be considered as a special circumstance for Tostee, who he said had gone through a withdrawal period with headaches.

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...-from-nsw-prison/story-fnje8bkv-1227316656199

Judge Martin Blackmore said the offences were some of the most dangerous he’d seen in terms of a police pursuit.

He said the fact that Tostee was unable to get his usual medication had caused some distress but the sentence imposed by the magistrate was the bare minimum.

“The danger of his actions was so extreme that no lesser sentence could be warranted,” he said.

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...-from-nsw-prison/story-fnje8bkv-1227316656199

So a habitual drunk driver is convicted for the "most dangerous" and "extreme" case the judge has seen - and he gets the "bare minimum" sentence for it? Okay...

Glad he's doing all his time for this, anyway.

This guy is so LANGUID.
Dude, bummer that you had a headache. Whatever medication you are missing, that you used to take for your OCD might not have been so good for you after all, if this was your lifestyle ... Racing against lockout, hoping to collide with a female to count on your smart device, in your Old Man's car with your homies. Number plates hidden. Oo er.
You even got the minimum sentence.
languid

Judge Martin Blackmore said the offences were some of the most dangerous he’d seen in terms of a police pursuit.

He said the fact that Tostee was unable to get his usual medication had caused some distress but the sentence imposed by the magistrate was the bare minimum.

“The danger of his actions was so extreme that no lesser sentence could be warranted,” he said.

So a habitual drunk driver is convicted for the "most dangerous" and "extreme" case the judge has seen - and he gets the "bare minimum" sentence for it? Okay...

Glad he's doing all his time for this, anyway.

Gable Tostee: Gold Coast man accused of balcony murder loses appeal over high-speed chase sentence
Sitting in the District Court in Lismore, Judge Martin Blackmore was told Tostee could not access his usual prescription medication and was suffering relapses of anxiety, depression and obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD).

Tostee is eligible for parole on August 1.

His parents were present in court and refused to comment to the media outside.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-04-23/tostee-refused-bail-for-alcohol-fuelled-car-chase/6415060

*i was under the impression prisoners would be able to obtain their prescribed medications. I wonder why the prison doctor has denied his meds.

When someone goes to prison, do they get to keep their medication?
No

Can family members bring in prescription medicine for prisoners?
No

Who provides medication to prisoners?
The Department's pharmacy is responsible for the supply and dispensing of medication to prisoners. If a prisoner is already on medication when entering the prison, prison health staff contact the patient's consulting doctor and receive a prescription for the medication. Prison health staff issue the medication either daily or, depending on the condition, the medication is kept on the prisoner.

https://www.correctiveservices.wa.gov.au/rehabilitation-services/health-care/health-faqs.aspx

Maybe he didn't have a prescription when he went in, and can't get one now. Maybe the prison doc had ascertained that Tostee is malingering. :dunno:

It's not like prisons are medieval... plenty of inmates in this country take medication for depression.

Besides, he referred to his doctors as his "pushers." It is unlikely the meds he received from them were necessary for his physical health.
He just wanted to feeeeeel goooooood.

I think his medication was alcohol and for some strange reason he is not allowed it in prison, thereby causing him all sorts of withdrawal problems.

Seriously, well, I was partly serious above, there must be a medical reason he is not getting his medication and I think a doctor will not prescribe it. Whether this is his own doctor or the prison one I do not know.

He doesn't cope well in jail with all his personality issues it seems.

I think his medication was alcohol and for some strange reason he is not allowed it in prison, thereby causing him all sorts of withdrawal problems.

Seriously, well, I was partly serious above, there must be a medical reason he is not getting his medication and I think a doctor will not prescribe it. Whether this is his own doctor or the prison one I do not know.

He doesn't cope well in jail with all his personality issues it seems.

Stillnox ????

I think cases like this serve to remind us how devastating alcohol is, the effects it can cause and the tragic consequences of its misuse.

I think this man's life and countless others would have been so much more productive without alcohol.

I think cases like this serve to remind us how devastating alcohol is, the effects it can cause and the tragic consequences of its misuse.

I think this man's life and countless others would have been so much more productive without alcohol.

I could not agree more. There are illegal drugs which do not cause anything like the terrible toll alcohol takes on our communities and families, nor fuel the same sort of horrendous violence as alcohol, across all social strata, race and age groups.

Yet despite the well documented damage it causes, alcohol is the most readily available, affordable legal drug there is (though we all know how addictive it is... ). The Govt can tax tobacco to ridiculous levels, making it generally unaffordable to many people. Tobacco isn't a good thing, but doesn't cause people to beat their spouses and kids to death, etc.

But what can ya do. I'd like to see the end of alcohol advertising, and sponsorship of sporting events.

I could not agree more. There are illegal drugs which do not cause anything like the terrible toll alcohol takes on our communities and families, nor fuel the same sort of horrendous violence as alcohol, across all social strata, race and age groups.

Yet despite the well documented damage it causes, alcohol is the most readily available, affordable legal drug there is (though we all know how addictive it is... ). The Govt can tax tobacco to ridiculous levels, making it generally unaffordable to many people. Tobacco isn't a good thing, but doesn't cause people to beat their spouses and kids to death, etc.

But what can ya do. I'd like to see the end of alcohol advertising, and sponsorship of sporting events.

The industry has some weight - and influence, doesn't it?!
I'm not seeing a car crash or victims of domestic violence plastered on the label of the Chardonnay Pinot Noir, tinnies, Alcopop ... nor alcohol stills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noizewarr