Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh poss, good minds think alike...I was just looking up a couple of those!! Doing some research on language used. There are a lot of men that subscribe to that 'become an alpha and rule the world' garbage that has sprouted up in recent years across many sites. I recall Tostee reinventing himself and I can picture him spending many a night refining his 'alpha-isms'.

It is really quite sad, when I have read the content of these sites (due to this case).
The posters sound very insecure and needy. Wanting to beef up, and tan up, and blonde up ... everything to be the picture of what movies and TV and other media portray as real men.

Women used to be like that, too. And it is sad when I see young girls starve themselves to try to attain that similar goal. But people and some companies are now trying to show women that being the best you, as you are, is all the achievement that should be sought.

We need to do this for the guys as well.

And I have heard it through a profoundly deaf ear with cochlear assistance. Perhaps the last resort would be an interpreter. Or I could mime it.
I too have hearing issues from severe tinnitus and it's plain as day.

I am not ashamed to be victim friendly. I have had bad experiences. I have been a victim. I have hindsight. I am a professional. I have a lot of regard for many people I meet here. I choose which threads I follow. I read everything about the case. I provide links to support my statements. I don't know why people with different values bother to come here when they have alternatives except to be *******s.

BBM: It amuses them. :rolleyes:

I am not ashamed to be victim friendly. I have had bad experiences. I have been a victim. I have hindsight. I am a professional. I have a lot of regard for many people I meet here. I choose which threads I follow. I read everything about the case. I provide links to support my statements. I don't know why people with different values bother to come here when they have alternatives except to be *******s.

:yourock:

I might need to change my username lest there be any confusion!!

I'm getting a bit saddened by comments on forums insinuating that GT repeatedly asked WR to leave but she wouldn't go, stuck around and trashed his apartment etc.

Audio does actually tell a different story. Shows numerous attempts to leave and GT trying to keep her there in some way.

Attempt 1 (start of recording at 12.56am). She attempts to leave, GT asks her not to go.
Attempt 2 (1.26am). GT says he should walk her home, then tells her to relax and that he does not like being beaten up.
Attempt 3 (1.33am).WR says have a good night, GT offers to walk her home, WR again says have a good night, GT then says he will look after her in the morning.
Attempt 4 (1.36am).WR asks about phone, they have argument about phone. To me, she is clearly getting her stuff to leave. GT responds that 'he didn't say she had to leave, she just needed to stop beating him up'
They continue to argue about the phone. She accuses him of stealing it and that she will go to the cops, he counter accuses that she stole his money.
Attempt 5 (1.40am) WT tells him that she is gone and will be out of his hair, see you later. GT asks her to sit down so they can discuss it. He asks her to stay the night and offers to make her food.
They have a conversation. He asks for a snuggle. He offers and pours her at least one more drink, maybe two. At 2.05am he tells her to chill out, no violence and asks her to sleep next to him.
Attempt 6 (2.14am). WR throws rocks at GT. He says that is enough (twice), that she has worn out her welcome and she has to leave. WR says its all good. GT says you have to leave again. WR says it's all good.
Note she sounds out of breath at this time. He proceeds to call her insane, ask for a DNA sample, tell her she's lucky he didn't throw her off the balcony.
Attempt 7 (2.16am). GT tells her he is going to let her go, he is going to walk her out of the apartment, she is not to take any of her belongings, she is to walk out and he will slam the door on her. If she tries anything he will knock her out. Tells her to get up. WR responds that she is sorry.
He accuses her of hitting him, proceeds to get angry at her and tell her to drop it. He accuses her of trying to kill him and that he is the one injured. She starts yelling no. At this point it is alleged he drags her to the balcony.
Attempt 8 (2.21am) - WR states she wants to go home. GT says he would but she has been a bad girl and locks her on the balcony.

So by my count there are:
8 actual discussions of leaving between 12.56am and 2.21 am
- 5 of those leaving discussions are initiated by Rrie saying she will go home. Of those 5, Gable reponds by 1) asks her not to go 2) says he will look after her in the morning (insinuating he wants her to stay) 3) says she doesn't have to leave, just stop being violent 4) asks her to sit down to discuss it and offers to make her food 5) puts her on his balcony
- only 3 of the leaving discussions are initiated by Gable. Of those 3, the response was 1) Gable backflipping and telling her to relax 2) telling her she has to leave but cannot take her belongings (presumably while restraining her in some way, by his own words he had tackled her) and then placing her away from the door towards the balcony 3) locking her on the balcony where she had no avenue of leaving.

The only thing she can be seemed to be throwing around was the 90s decorative rocks in a dish. It's not like she was tipping over his coffee table. I don't think she should have been pegging rocks at him but it's a bit of a drama queen response by him. And he still didn't kick her out.

Imprisoned students first choice is Psychology, second choice is Law btw.

From tonight's "News' on Channel 9, I may be wrong about why the Judge stepped in. Mind you, I have very little respect for the Television Reporters of little experience in Law. However Nine seemed to imply in its Report that the Defence will be called on tomorrow to indicate its intent. That is inconsistent with the Judge having the decided view there is no case to answer.....Nolle Prosequi....or directed verdict.

I'm getting a bit saddened by comments on forums insinuating that GT repeatedly asked WR to leave but she wouldn't go, stuck around and trashed his apartment etc.

Audio does actually tell a different story. Shows numerous attempts to leave and GT trying to keep her there in some way.

Attempt 1 (start of recording at 12.56am). She attempts to leave, GT asks her not to go.
Attempt 2 (1.26am). GT says he should walk her home, then tells her to relax and that he does not like being beaten up.
Attempt 3 (1.33am).WR says have a good night, GT offers to walk her home, WR again says have a good night, GT then says he will look after her in the morning.
Attempt 4 (1.36am).WR asks about phone, they have argument about phone. To me, she is clearly getting her stuff to leave. GT responds that 'he didn't say she had to leave, she just needed to stop beating him up'
They continue to argue about the phone. She accuses him of stealing it and that she will go to the cops, he counter accuses that she stole his money.
Attempt 5 (1.40am) WT tells him that she is gone and will be out of his hair, see you later. GT asks her to sit down so they can discuss it. He asks her to stay the night and offers to make her food.
They have a conversation. He asks for a snuggle. He offers and pours her at least one more drink, maybe two. At 2.05am he tells her to chill out, no violence and asks her to sleep next to him.
Attempt 6 (2.14am). WR throws rocks at GT. He says that is enough (twice), that she has worn out her welcome and she has to leave. WR says its all good. GT says you have to leave again. WR says it's all good.
Note she sounds out of breath at this time. He proceeds to call her insane, ask for a DNA sample, tell her she's lucky he didn't throw her off the balcony.
Attempt 7 (2.16am). GT tells her he is going to let her go, he is going to walk her out of the apartment, she is not to take any of her belongings, she is to walk out and he will slam the door on her. If she tries anything he will knock her out. Tells her to get up. WR responds that she is sorry.
He accuses her of hitting him, proceeds to get angry at her and tell her to drop it. He accuses her of trying to kill him and that he is the one injured. She starts yelling no. At this point it is alleged he drags her to the balcony.
Attempt 8 (2.21am) - WR states she wants to go home. GT says he would but she has been a bad girl and locks her on the balcony.

So by my count there are:
8 actual discussions of leaving between 12.56am and 2.21 am
- 5 of those leaving discussions are initiated by Rrie saying she will go home. Of those 5, Gable reponds by 1) asks her not to go 2) says he will look after her in the morning (insinuating he wants her to stay) 3) says she doesn't have to leave, just stop being violent 4) asks her to sit down to discuss it and offers to make her food 5) puts her on his balcony
- only 3 of the leaving discussions are initiated by Gable. Of those 3, the response was 1) Gable backflipping and telling her to relax 2) telling her she has to leave but cannot take her belongings (presumably while restraining her in some way, by his own words he had tackled her) and then placing her away from the door towards the balcony 3) locking her on the balcony where she had no avenue of leaving.

The only thing she can be seemed to be throwing around was the 90s decorative rocks in a dish. It's not like she was tipping over his coffee table. I don't think she should have been pegging rocks at him but it's a bit of a drama queen response by him. And he still didn't kick her out.

Great post!!

And the rocks bother me too. For all we know, they were having a little flirty play rock fight between them, or she was tossing them and the one with both of their DNA on it could have been thrown a little too hard. There is not enough evidence to be 100% certain how the rock situation unfolded and the intention of both parties (i.e. was Warriena throwing them playfully or was she throwing them intending to hurt Tostee, etc).

Yes, I agree, not. It is entirely acceptable that a Guest in your House gets to toss rocks at you and hit you on the head with a telescope. I really do understand that.

:thinking:

From tonight's "News' on Channel 9, I may be wrong about why the Judge stepped in. Mind you, I have very little respect for the Television Reporters of little experience in Law. However Nine seemed to imply in its Report that the Defence will be called on tomorrow to indicate its intent. That is inconsistent with the Judge having the decided view there is no case to answer.....Nolle Prosequi....or directed verdict.

Please supply a link to this statement. Hey, perhaps the disrespected reporter you refer to was actually in the court room.

Interesting...lets hope those television reporters with little experience in law reported it right. Appreciate you bringing this to our attention Elde

Yes, I agree, not. It is entirely acceptable that a Guest in your House gets to toss rocks at you and hit you on the head with a telescope. I really do understand that.

:thinking:

Elde, we don't know the context of the rock fight. They could've been throwing them at each other playfully. This is why I've said the audio file presents 50% of the story and is a flawed source for two reasons a) Tostee recorded the conversation knowing it was recorded and could thus phrase accordingly b) we don't know what actions they were perpetrating.

We can't state with 100% certainty what happened in terms of physical actions. This has actually been your argument in regards to choking.

Re telescope - when is the telescope actually mentioned on the audio? The rocks were the only objects mentioned.

The telescope is his allegation (not mentioned on recording), and only hair was found on the object with no blood.

I'm curious as to your opinion, was the injuries that Tostee presented at the doctors consistent with such an injury? Do we know where exactly she is alleged to hit him as yet?

Please supply link to this statement. Hey, perhaps the disrespected reporter you refer to was actually in the court room.

Sorry, I have no access to a link to a TV Stations New Bulletins. All I can do is (hopefully) faithfully repeat what it contained. The Journalist may well have been in the Court Room. I'd hope so. People ought consider why there has been no comment about what it was the Judge wanted to discuss with the Lawyers in the absence of the Jury. That discussion would have occurred in open (to the public) Court. I am speculating (far from wildly) and neither (very obviously) is the other Poster, WBJ (or similar name.)

Please supply a link to this statement. Hey, perhaps the disrespected reporter you refer to was actually in the court room.

I thought everyone knew that once the prosecution put its case to the bench and before the defence began, all parties were consulted as to whether there was still a case to answer... there was no such of a mention of there being no case to answer in this matter, R v Tostee.. it is merely the form of the proceedings.. .

I do remember , I mention this because so many adherents to the case inhabit these halls, in GBC, naturally , there was that hiatus in proceedings between the prosecution ending and the defence beginning , where the jury is absent, and legal discussions take place, and in hindsight we now know that Gerards lawyer made a hell of a mistake, which knocked him out of the High Court , costing him a cool 1/2 million and the prosecutor $346 .00 in fees because the one wrong question was asked and answered..

but in this case, it hasn't been discussed fully as yet.

OT
This is for our male-hater-thinkers, and is just for completeness ... most people know how much I like that lol .... here are a few 'male victim' threads that I can quickly recall. Ones that WS members are/have been equally as passionate about.

We haven't had any recent (Australian) cases where a female has fatally harmed a male victim that I can think of. Statistics dictate that, nothing else. A thread is not opened for every case in Australia, mostly just the 'big' cases.

It may be a small aid to dispelling the myth/lack of defence re: Tosser's actions, if that is at all humanly possible.

Morgan Huxley http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ept-2013-3/page60&highlight=australia+threads
William Tyrrell http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...er-2014-25/page30&highlight=australia+threads
Robert (& Cheryl) Adamson http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...n-home/page18&highlight=robert+cheryl+adamson
Gary Tweddle http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...uly-2013-3/page45&highlight=australia+threads
Tori Johnson (& Katrina Dawson) http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ate-shop-1/page61&highlight=australia+threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties