Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What you have conveniently ignored is that after he neutralised her, he left her there, he disengaged, she is unharmed, on the balcony. No-one is suggesting he tossed her off. She was perfectly safe there, and she chose her fate from that point on. How can he be expected to know she would try to climb down from a 14th Floor balcony? Is that something the man on that Clapham Omnibus, the reasonable man, would anticipate? I don't think so.

To be fair, there is no proof one way or the other that he disengaged from Warriena. So we cannot talk about that as if it is a fact. IMO he had not disengaged from her at that point.

Likewise, how could she be expected to know that she was 'safe' there?
Is that something a reasonable person would anticipate after they were tackled, smothered, dragged outside, locked outside, told they couldn't go home because they had been a bad girl?
I don't think so.

If he had an intent beyond putting her where she was neutralised, he would have tossed her off. He didn't. He didn't. He didn't. Once she was there on the balcony, he left her immediate presence, and she was safe.

Trooper, while you continue to ignore what is so obvious, I'll continue to remind you of it. Sounds fair to me. Yes?

Oh dear.....I have so many things I could say to this but every one of them would get me a time out.:facepalm:

To be fair, there is no proof one way or the other that he disengaged from Warriena. So we cannot talk about that as if it is a fact. IMO he had not disengaged from her at that point.

But that is what the Crown asserts. Take it up with them. She was on the balcony. He shut the door, locked it (apparently) and the two were separated......he safe from her, and she no longer immediately engaged with him. She them made the choice while there were other safe options available.

Likewise, how could she be expected to know that she was 'safe' there?
Is that something a reasonable person would anticipate after they were tackled, smothered, dragged outside, locked outside, told they couldn't go home because they had been a bad girl?
I don't think so.

Exactly. I know I'm just pointing out what others already have, but if he was so upset by her behaviour, why not just show her to the front door? Why keep someone you're fearful of on your property? He wanted to punish her, to put her in her place, to scare her. This is a guy with a history of assaulting women and pushing their boundaries. He didn't like it when one pushed back.

Oh dear.....I have so many things I could say to this but every one of them would get me a time out.:facepalm:

I appear to have attracted my very own lunatic, Strange.. lucky me.. why do I always get the dull ones?.... like Gabe, I cry to the heavens, why does this **** always happen to me?.. why cant I get an interesting lunatic?....

:boohoo:

But that is what the Crown asserts. Take it up with them. She was on the balcony. He shut the door, locked it (apparently) and the two were separated......he safe from her, and she no longer immediately engaged with him. She them made the choice while there were other safe options available.

Separated does not equal disengaged now does it, by definition of course.

Exactly. I know I'm just pointing out what others already have, but if he was so upset by her behaviour, why not just show her to the front door? Why keep someone you're fearful of on your property? He wanted to punish her, to put her in her place, to scare her. This is a guy with a history of assaulting women and pushing their boundaries. He didn't like it when one pushed back.

why didn't he call the police?? he claims he was 'beaten' up... . .

What a lowlife!

Well, sure, when you think about it... they arrived with just a 6 pack of beer. If you hear how sloppy drunk she is before she died, there's NO way 3-6 beers (we don't know if Tostee drank any of those) could get a young, healthy person that wasted.

Tostee, keeping himself a great deal LESS drunk, kept pouring and pouring those drinks, mixed with some kind of juice (it's hard to tell how strong it is, mixed and also after a few, you just cannot tell anymore). He states on the tape that he is less drunk. He sounds a LOT less drunk. He mouths complaints about her behaviour BUT he keeps pouring, pouring... getting her more and more drunk AND recording her all the while.

He didn't forget he was recording it all, he told her he was doing so, just moments before she died. He clearly talks to the recording device as though it's a third person - or an intended audience. I wholly believe he was mugging it up for the recording, all his talk about "Injuries" that amounted to a few very slight red marks, of uncertain origin. Listening to him, one would expect him to be black and blue.

This monster was very, very clearly manipulating Warriena, for his own amusement and possibly that of others. He was pleased she was so drunk, because that made it easy for him and increased the amusement value.

He mentioned the balcony in terms of death and falling several times (and not by coincidence, I think) and then physically forced Warriena out onto the balcony after threatening her life, holding her down and restricting her breath, abusing her and obviously causing her to become terrified for her life.

She did NOT "refuse" to leave. She wanted to leave and HE talked her into staying, by offering her more to drink. He demanded she leave, while he was holding her down, and then berated her for not getting up quickly enough after being rendered breathless.

We don't know what happened, or what else he may have done in the *full minute* he was out there on the balcony with her, while she screamed and screamed and screamed in abject terror, but we can see clearly whose welfare he was and was not concerned with, in the aftermath.

Whatever the jury finds, my opinion is that this man's actions in this case --and in others - brands him as a dangerous sociopath, to be avoided at all costs. And I'd lay bets that this won't be his last appearance before a court, either.

We've never really heard much about her past as far as drinking behaviour goes. Only that she has had a bit of a troubled family life, she loves animals and had a decent job.

Just to add ......

Reza described her sister - who worked at Kiwibank - as funny, a practical joker, supportive and her 'best friend'.
Reza told how her mother was all she had now and said Warriena took care of her and mother.
'She was not only my sister, she was my best friend,' Reza said.
'She kept me and my friends entertained and happy.

‘She was a very beautiful, cheerful, intelligent person who not only was my sister....
'She was a practical joker. She always played pranks on me,' Reza said.
'She looked out for me, made sure I was okay. 'Most of the time we really only had each other. 'She was very responsible.'
The 23-year-old described her sister as an animal lover and the 'most important person' in her life

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...h-victim-makes-public-appeal-breaks-down.html

This article quite clearly shows the good nature of Warriena, and the clean active life she generally lived (photos included). It is no wonder she got so bombed from his moonshine.
It also shows Tostee's general life (photos included). He is described by locals as having predatory behaviour. A massively huge contrast.

If he had an intent beyond putting her where she was neutralised, he would have tossed her off. He didn't. He didn't. He didn't. Once she was there on the balcony, he left her immediate presence, and she was safe.
Well I do not believe for one minute that he did not assist or persuade her in some way. Until she was neutralised on the other side of that rail.
imo

BBM.

Where is the evidence of that to be found?

He placed her where she could not continue her attacks on him. As I have said before (and it is being ignored as the largest elephant in the room) he neutralised her and de-escalated the whole out of control situation. He could not reasonably foresee she would be dumb enough to climb over the balcony. He more likely expected that she would lower her rage, and start conducting herself more appropriately after tossing rocks at him and belting him with that telescope.

Yes he could, if he knew he had been choking her/restricting her breathing, and making her believe she was in the company of a man who would not let her leave and may in fact kill her. And why wouldn't he know that? Please tell.

Why do you suppose she didn't attempt to get back in through the door?

Just to add ......

Reza described her sister - who worked at Kiwibank - as funny, a practical joker, supportive and her 'best friend'.
Reza told how her mother was all she had now and said Warriena took care of her and mother.
'She was not only my sister, she was my best friend,' Reza said.
'She kept me and my friends entertained and happy.

‘She was a very beautiful, cheerful, intelligent person who not only was my sister....
'She was a practical joker. She always played pranks on me,' Reza said.
'She looked out for me, made sure I was okay. 'Most of the time we really only had each other. 'She was very responsible.'
The 23-year-old described her sister as an animal lover and the 'most important person' in her life

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...h-victim-makes-public-appeal-breaks-down.html

This article quite clearly shows the good nature of Warriena, and the clean active life she generally lived (photos included). It is no wonder she got so bombed from his moonshine.
It also shows Tostee's general life (photos included). He is described by locals as having predatory behaviour. A massively huge contrast.

Aren't you ignoring the obvious? Hint......how did she make contact with Tostee?

She did not know she was 'safe'!
(And was she? How does anyone know that? It is a BIG presumption, given his violence and control.)

Aren't you ignoring the obvious? Hint......how did she make contact with Tostee?

She replied to his Tinder message. Do you know how many thousands of people use Tinder? For dating? Normal nice typical people.

Unlike the users like Tostee.

It is something I would advise people who are ignorant to look into, so they can get their perceptions right.

How does using Tinder negate the great person that she was???

Please do not patronise me with your hints.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarrilinaCali