Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am soooo curious (not to be confused with our WS buddy sosocurious!) to know if the police found anything illegal, unrelated to this case specifically, in his apartment or on his devices. Given Tostee himself has described specific activities he engaged in, I just wonder.....

I read that link. Sorry, I could not find any reference to Tostee assaulting women as was asserted.

'She’s small so I go to hug and lift her up and take her inside from the balcony but she totally freaks out, mumbles something about getting back to her parents and bolts out the door. Deletes me off both Tinder and FB.
'Maybe I acted too abruptly and snapped her out of her little lust-trance by manhandling her.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...l-death-Warriena-Tagpuno-Wright-continue.html

I won't post his other inappropriate assaultive behaviour, I'll leave that up to others to find for themselves, if they are interested.

Mr Cash argued when Ms Wright tried to hit Tostee the "tables had turned" and she had become the victim who was trying to defend herself.
He said Tostee had very quickly dealt with the danger posed and restrained Ms Wright.
The court heard he continued holding her down, told her to leave and she agreed before he forced her onto the balcony — without her phone.
Prosecution outline 'two options' facing Wright
Mr Cash argued Ms Wright's fear of Tostee prompted her to attempt to climb down from his 14th-floor balcony.
"Why was she climbing down at all?" he asked the jury.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-...shed-warriena-wright-prosecution-says/7932652

Why was evidence of that not led by the Crown in the Trial? Ask yourself. Why was it not led. Because it is rubbish, do you reckon?

But the alternative would be that he lied, altered the reality? :freakedout:

I am soooo curious (not to be confused with our WS buddy sosocurious!) to know if the police found anything illegal, unrelated to this case specifically, in his apartment or on his devices. Given Tostee himself has described specific activities he engaged in, I just wonder.....

IMO - The police have some things up their sleeve for Justin' - posting recordings online without consent for example. It's legal to record conversations without consent but not to Publish them.

[h=3]Publishing or communicating recordings of conversations[/h] Even if you were involved in a conversation that was legally recorded, it’s still illegal to communicate the conversation or publish it without the permission of the other people involved in the conversation (with some exceptions). However, you may be able to use it as evidence in court proceedings.
It’s illegal to publish or communicate a private conversation that was listened to or recorded illegally and these recordings may not be used in court proceedings. Get legal advice.

http://www.legalaid.qld.gov.au/Find...-or-communicating-recordings-of-conversations

It is not conclusive. His hair was found on the telescope which was in a damaged state, out of place, when the Police arrived at the Unit. The Crown seems to have accepted she used it to inexplicably assault him.

Yes, it's not conclusive. No blood on the telescope, no wound or bump on his head, just hair. My hair is on my floor too.

Why was evidence of that not led by the Crown in the Trial? Ask yourself. Why was it not led. Because it is rubbish, do you reckon?
Nup not rubbish. It is important to concentrate on 6 minutes of Mr Tostee's recording said the judge to the jury.
imo

Tostee not a 'cartoonish villian'
But defence barrister Saul Holt QC told the court Ms Wright's decision to climb over the balcony within seconds of being locked outside, was neither rational, nor reasonably forseeable.
He argued "there would have to be someone chasing you with a knife" for Ms Wright's response to be considered reasonable or proportionate.
He said she had made a decision "to climb to certain death".
"This was a climb that wouldn't have worked unless you were Spider-Man."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-...shed-warriena-wright-prosecution-says/7932652

The spiderman reference is bad taste. imo

Chivalry is gone/void from this case. I do not know why so many expect to see it run wildly here. Yes people do date/dinner /romantic etc on Tinder. However from discussion these two had, this was far for that. Plain and simple it was a hookup before she left. And the drinking aspect was already set in play pre date.

From what I understand is they met, purchased liquor and was inside his apartment all within seven minutes. There was no romantic evening under starlights, holding the door etc.

I have not seen any reports that GT was stone cold sober BUT from reading here one would think that he was. All the expectations put on him in Monday quarterbacking are not reasonable. I could understand if he was not drinking and was intentionally plying her with liquor but I do not think that was the case. Maybe he can hold his liquor better.

There was one photo that was troubling to me, and it was #5 in an article I saw yesterday, the victim did have a very worried expression on her face, it looked like things had changed.

Everyone seems to acknowledge that she herself climbed over the edge, that is something that I do not think anyone could foresee.

It takes two to tango and these two clearly did, it's tragic she lost her life, I don't think he is an angel, but a murderer not.

Yes, it's not conclusive. No blood on the telescope, no wound or bump on his head, just hair. My hair is on my floor too.

Okay, reading this, just a thought....

We can hear him unscrewing something metal just moments after Warriena fell... a metallic thunk too. If *that* was the telescope (which was not by any coincidence found unscrewed, on the floor, when the police arrived), what was he telling her to drop, while he choked her?

Her phone? Which 'mysteriously' ended up in his possession, in his pocket. How? He took it. Why?

Chivalry is gone/void from this case. I do mot know why so many expect to see it run wildly here. Yes people do date/dinner /romantic etc on Tinder. However from discussion these two had, this was far for that. Plain and simple it was a hookup before she left. And the drinking aspect was already set in play pre date.

From what I understand is they met, purchased liquor and was inside his apartment all within seven minutes. There was no romantic evening under starlights, holding the door etc.

I have not seen any reports that GT was stone cold sober BUT from reading here one would think that he was. All the expectations put on him in Monday quarterbacking are not reasonable. I could understand if he was not drinking and was intentionally plying her with liquor but I do not think that was the case. Maybe he can hold his liquor better.

There was one photo that was troubling to me, and it was #5 in an article I saw yesterday, the victim did have a very worried expression on her face, it looked like things had changed.

Everyone seems to acknowledge that she herself climbed over the edge, that is something that I do not think anyone could foresee.

It takes two to tango and these two clearly did, it's tragic she lost her life, I don't think he is an angel, but a murderer not.

Being under the influence of alcohol does not excuse illegal behaviour, plain and simple. It has nothing to do with expectations. The law is the law is the law. We all have opinions on whether he acted illegally or not, but it has zero to do with expectations simply because he was intoxicated.

If he had an intent beyond putting her where she was neutralised, he would have tossed her off. He didn't. He didn't. He didn't. Once she was there on the balcony, he left her immediate presence, and she was safe.

Murder isn't the only intention he may have had
Rape, torture, how would she know?
All she knew was he had responded to her pleas to go home with "I would, but you've been a bad girl"
He was punishing her, and he wasn't finished with her, otherwise he would have let her grab her stuff and be on her the multiple times she tried to before

Being under the influence of alcohol does not excuse illegal behaviour, plain and simple. It has nothing to do with expectations. The law is the law is the law. We all have opinions on whether he acted illegally or not, but it has zero to do with expectations simply because he was intoxicated.

I never said that it did, he made stupid decisions, not illegal ones, at least not clear cut like a DWI.

Tostee not a 'cartoonish villian'
But defence barrister Saul Holt QC told the court Ms Wright's decision to climb over the balcony within seconds of being locked outside, was neither rational, nor reasonably forseeable.
He argued "there would have to be someone chasing you with a knife" for Ms Wright's response to be considered reasonable or proportionate.
He said she had made a decision "to climb to certain death".
"This was a climb that wouldn't have worked unless you were Spider-Man."

The spiderman reference is bad taste. imo

I think his argument is working against his case there. If she was panicked enough to attempt to climb the balcony to escape, that just points to how distressed and terrified she was.

I don't understand what you are saying there. What was his illegal behaviour? I can see what hers was, but I see nothing illegal from him. This whole case is so, so speculative, and I am sure the Judge will give appropriate directions about that on Monday.

I don't understand what you are saying there. What was his illegal behaviour? I can see what hers was, but I see nothing illegal from him. This whole case is so, so speculative, and I am sure the Judge will give appropriate directions about that on Monday.

Imprisoning someone in your home is pretty illegal.

IMO the biggie is the choking..oh sorry the breath restriction

How likely would it have been that Tostee could see all that was taking place through those large glass doors?
No stop, don't, it's all good you can go home.....nothing except, heavy breathing, s*** and a call to his lawyer.
imo

Imprisoning someone in your home is pretty illegal.

Just guessing. You have not read the discussion? I'll go the the kernel. She was not imprisoned. Not even the Crown asserts she was. After she attacked him violently, and using legal moderate force, he manages (how is not known) to get her to the balcony. Crown case is that he then shut and locked the door, and that is the end of his engagement with her. From that moment on, she was the Master of her own destiny. Everything beyond that is pure speculation, other than, she chose to attempt to climb down from a 14th Floor balcony, rather than stay where she was. She could have screamed her lungs off asking for help if she thought she was in danger. Nah. She elects to climb over, and the rest is history.

How likely would it have been that Tostee could see all that was taking place through those large glass doors?
No stop, don't, it's all good you can go home.....nothing except, heavy breathing, s*** and a call to his lawyer.
imo

This is a really interesting point. I wonder if he saw Warriena go over or if he was looking elsewhere and only realised she was gone afterwards? It was such a small window of time - pity we don't have video footage too - would answer so many questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member