Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip>

How many men, on average, die each week at the hands of women? In contrast, do you know how many women die each week at the hands of men?

I know we're supposed to abstain from personal comments, so I'll just say that I'm getting a little tired of seeing false equivalences thrown around.

More specifically, in this particular case, one party easily and calmly overpowered the other and it led to the other person's death. So what danger was the former ever really in?

No she fell to her death by climbing over the balcony, with no physical force whatsoever, or were you discussing a different case?

Whether Rrie assaulted Gabe with the rock rocks, telescope clamp is not being disputed by the prosecution. Is it?
Gabe had the situation under control, she had been grasping for breath then began pleading no, no, no, no, no. Let me go home, Let me go home.
I would but you have been a naughty girl.
imo

No. That is not, I believe, an accurate representation of the evidence. The repetitive "No, no no......" is not accompanied by "let me go home," and nor, the 'naughty girl' comment, unless my hearing is lousy. All I heard at that time, as she was being removed to the balcony, were the 'Nos.'

Gabe had the situation under control, she had been grasping for breath then began pleading no, no, no, no, no. Let me go home, Let me go home.
I would but you have been a naughty girl.
imo
Epic fail at getting a tinder date to role play.

Can anyone find on a timeline when she was supposed to be throwing these 'pebbles/rocks' ?

The only one I can find is an old one that states:

1.12am: Male: “Don’t touch them. You love them rocks.” Female: “Are you a god?” Male replies that yes he is. He is Zeus. He tells her to relax.

Which is more than an hour before he lost his temper with her, after that he continued to ask her to stay. He couldn't have been that upset with her over these bloody 'pebbles/rocks'.
Also, if he was OCD why are the rocks still scattered by the time Police got there?

She didn't hit him with the telescope either, as he admitted in his explanation post.

Not sure of his OCD either considering this pic of his bedroom and the dust on the bedside shelf :thinking: .

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-sees-reconstruction-death.html#ixzz4Mj0fzK9M
Just some thoughts...
Not all OCD, or even most OCD is about cleaning. I have OCD with no cleaning tendencies. It's much more about anxiety and the outward expression of anxiety than it is about cleanliness or germs. There are so many types of compulsions, not all physical either. They can be mental compulsions.

His recording everything is likely due to OCD. He is anxious that he will be falsely accused of something, is my guess. With OCD this fear becomes obsessive. The person finds a coping mechanism... His seems to be recording his everyday life. That helped him deal with the anxiety by giving him the assurance that if the worst happened it would be on record.

This is just my thoughts, from another OCD sufferer :)

No. That is not, I believe, an accurate representation of the evidence. The repetitive "No, no no......" is not accompanied by "let me go home," and nor, the 'naughty girl' comment, unless my hearing is lousy. All I heard at that time, as she was being removed to the balcony, were the 'Nos.'
Judge to the jury concentrate on the 6 minutes of the recorded evidence. I thought.

And you indeed make the same point I am. Firstly, she throws those rocks, one apparently striking him. He stops that, lawfully, perhaps by restraining her. While he is doing that, she assaults him (in such a way as could cause GBH) with that metal object. He gets that from her, perhaps while holding her down with an arm across her chest using so little force that there is no medical evidence of any serious pressure, and then removed her (how is unknown, but it involved little force given there were no signs of anything else according to the Expert) to the balcony while she screams as aforesaid. He disengages. All is well. Next thing he is aware of about her is that she in no longer visible on the balcony.

No - Totally different point. The rock throwing incident was an hour before - he wasn't scared at all.

My original post that you responded to, I stated that 'she didn't hit him' as part of my question - you were the one that brought up assault according to Qld law. If you wish to bring that into the discussion you also have to admit that he was assaulting her at the time she tried to hit him, but was unsuccessful according to Tostee himself.

No medical evidence - over 80 injuries to her, I don't think that him holding her by the wrists, arms or pushing her out the door would leave an obvious injury after falling 14 floors to her death.

I haven't got you on ignore but you only seem to respond to part of a post and not the complete post, if you want to discuss I would appreciate that you read the complete post and get the point instead of picking one little bit of the post.

Heavy breathing then slows. Muffled sounds of door sliding open.
Ms Wright begins repeatedly screaming 'no!'
Tostee: 'Who the *advertiser censored** do you think you are? You're trying to kill me huh? Why did you try to hit me with that? This is all on recording you know'.
Ms Wright: 'No! no! no! Just let me go home'.
Tostee: 'I would, but you've been a bad girl'.
Ms Wright: 'I want to go home, just let me go home'.
Sounds of door sliding closed. Heavy male breathing. Screaming stops.

WARRIENA Wright&#8217;s hysterical screams of &#8220;no&#8221; rang out 33 times in 75 seconds before she plunged to her death from Gable Tostee&#8217;s Surfers Paradise high-rise unit.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...y/news-story/0358f581437864324d3cb53e6bdf668a

:sigh: :gaah:

Nearby metal object sounds so much more sinister

Well, if he only knew HOW LONG we tried to work out what that metal object could be in previous threads!! :floorlaugh:
(He would love that, I'm sure. :) )

Just some thoughts...
Not all OCD, or even most OCD is about cleaning. I have OCD with no cleaning tendencies. It's much more about anxiety and the outward expression of anxiety than it is about cleanliness or germs. There are so many types of compulsions, not all physical either. They can be mental compulsions.

His recording everything is likely due to OCD. He is anxious that he will be falsely accused of something, is my guess. With OCD this fear becomes obsessive. The person finds a coping mechanism... His seems to be recording his everyday life. That helped him deal with the anxiety by giving him the assurance that if the worst happened it would be on record.

I understand that Freya - I was responding in general to someone that commented about him being OCD and picking up the rocks as she was throwing them. Which to me indicates the clean house part.

Didn't mean to offend :)

Just some thoughts...

I understand that Freya - I was responding in general to someone that commented about him being OCD and picking up the rocks as she was throwing them. Which to me indicates the clean house part.

That was me that said that Freya. I, too, did not mean any offence. Thank you for explaining further. :)

If there was a hail storm and the hail was of that size, the media would refer to it routinely as 'gold ball size.' He could have suffered very serious injury upon being assaulted by W with the 'metal object.'

She did not hit him with the metal object.

Oh not at all - none taken, I just wanted to broaden the understanding of an OCD diagnosis, a lot of people straight away think of contamination but most diagnosis aren't actually that classical with regard to symptoms :)

No - Totally different point. The rock throwing incident was an hour before - he wasn't scared at all.

I'll take your word for that. However, it is an important part of what W was doing in his Home. Surely, you accept that is extra-ordinary conduct on her part?

My original post that you responded to, I stated that 'she didn't hit him' as part of my question - you were the one that brought up assault according to Qld law. If you wish to bring that into the discussion you also have to admit that he was assaulting her at the time she tried to hit him, but was unsuccessful according to Tostee himself.

No, I don't, and neither did the Crown. At no time, never, not once, did the Prosecutor suggest he unlawfully assaulted her inside the Unit. He conceded it was probable W was unlawfully assaulting him with that metal object. That assault could easily have lead to his death or GBH. He was lawfully entitled to defend himself and neutralise her, as he did by removing her to the balcony.

No medical evidence - over 80 injuries to her, I don't think that him holding her by the wrists, arms or pushing her out the door would leave an obvious injury after falling 14 floors to her death.

Well, that is why the Expert was called. She gave evidence that she found nothing consistent with any physical injury she suffered at the hands on Tostee, but, there is not doubt he did physically 'handle' her in very restrained self defence and to prevent her being a continuing threat to him.

Mr Cash argued when Ms Wright tried to hit Tostee the "tables had turned" and she had become the victim who was trying to defend herself.

"Fear of the defendant. Fear of Gable Tostee. Fear of what he would do to her if he let her back inside.

"Fear of continuation of the violence that she had suffered at his hands in the moments before he forced her on the balcony.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-...shed-warriena-wright-prosecution-says/7932652

I'll take your word for that. However, it is an important part of what W was doing in his Home. Surely, you accept that is extra-ordinary conduct on her part?

No, I don't, and neither did the Crown. At no time, never, not once, did the Prosecutor suggest he unlawfully assaulted her inside the Unit. He conceded it was probable W was unlawfully assaulting him with that metal object. That assault could easily have lead to his death or GBH. He was lawfully entitled to defend himself and neutralise her, as he did by removing her to the balcony.

Well, that is why the Expert was called. She gave evidence that she found nothing consistent with any physical injury she suffered at the hands on Tostee, but, there is not doubt he did physically 'handle' her in very restrained self defence and to prevent her being a continuing threat to him.

I wish the ignore button worked both ways. :thinking: Mine is now on.

How many times does a person have to scream in terror "NO" at the top of their lungs before it sinks into the thick head of someone such as Tostee. I guess is must be 34 times!

How many times does person have to scream "I WANT TO GO HOME" before their captor releases them?

Tostee assaulted Warriena, terrorised her and held her captive in his apartment and that is what the jury will concentrate on - the last six minutes of Tostee's tape where the assault, the terrorising and the deprivation of liberty took place. End of story!

"One was to try and go back into the apartment to go back through where Gable Tostee was, to have to engage with the man who on the crown case had violently restrained her," Mr Cash said.
"The man who had just told her in response to her begging to be permitted to go home that he would not let her do so because she had been in his words 'a bad girl'.
"In light of what he had done and what she feared he would do, what then was her only reasonable and rational option in those circumstances?
"The only remaining option ... is to attempt to climb down the balcony to escape Gable Tostee.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-...shed-warriena-wright-prosecution-says/7932652

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lea94