Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it's not a wise thing to do, but this is what he did all the time, brought girls back to his apartment, got them drunk, then had sex with them etc etc.

But you need to be clear that I am not victim blaming when I'm saying WW being drunk may have resulted in her death. I'm saying that her being drunk could have been reason as to her making decisions that resulted in her death. Yes Tostee gave her the alcohol, but would she have been as scared or feel as threatened by Tostee or climbed over the balcony rail if she was sober? This is my point, the result of her intoxication has resulted in decisions being made that may not have occurred if she had been sober

Yes, and i'm saying he plied her with more alcohol than she thought she was drinking. Thus, he is responsible for her actions once becoming drunk and should have handled the situation more appropriately. Which, funnily enough, does not constitute restraining her, choking her or throwing her on the balcony. It involves sending her out the front door with her phone.

But he didn't do that as he had other intentions.

Digital trophy, yes. I really do wonder how many are tucked away on various smartphones and computers.
Won't the journalists have an absolute field day when Gabe is sent away! So MUCH information, keen to be free!
If only I had 150 IQ then I could write the definitive Tostee Balcony murder, but alas I do not so others will no doubt take on the task.

those trophies of Gabe's are out there, Ooohm.... Gabe created his trophies and I cannot see him getting rid of them at ALL.

he couldn't even bear to get rid of his trophy recording of Warriena!!.. knowing the trouble he was in. he just couldn't do it!..

there is a big box of them . Somewhere.

when the transcript is read, it isn't until she says, 'its all good, I am leaving now'.. I'ts good.. I'll be leaving now'. t.

And this preceded him telling her to leave no less than 3 times. Which she refused to do.

I think right from her first contact with him, Warriena was reluctant. Her instincts said No. IMO he pushed her all the way along. And she wasn't really that enthusiastic. I'll wager the sex was not great for her. One thing made her over-ride her instincts was his so-called good looks. He resembled a NZ celebrity. Her guard went down a bit.
But the biggest blow to her instincts was his deliberate plying her with strong drink. She tried to get away all the same. He funnelled her into getting away HIS way, over the balcony, he wanted that more than anything.

I've been on YouTube to relisten to the last minutes of the recording. The linked clip plays more from earlier in the night and the end is focused solely on the last minutes and plays more than what I ha e seen played over the past week. What is clear as day to me is that her voice is muffled like her mouth is covered or gagged. Had not noticed this before (I have listened to the whole recording in the past).

https://youtu.be/dkDBRGLxdmg

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

I can only speak for myself, and I have never used the words "bringing it upon herself." What is 'supposed' about what was common ground between Prosecution and Defence that she was throwing rocks at him at generally. It is a given fact, as part of the evidence the Crown presented to the Jury.Incorrect. For example - He was seriously and unlawfully assaulted by her with the 'metal object.' That could have been fatal to him, or at least caused GBH. There is no point pretending that did not happen. It was the Crown who presented (led) that evidence as part of its case.No, it does not. It was a recording of what could be recorded audibly. She said what she said, he said what he said. Simple as that. Why read more into that than what it is - if you do not have an established agenda. I look at it for what it is......something he knew (but may have forgotten) he routinely recorded, and as it turned out, it became pretty much the entire core of the Crown case against him, and yet for him. They tendered that evidence, not the Defence.
<modsnip> He was not seriously and unlawfully assaulted by her. He claimed she was beating him up but there was no physical evidence of this. He was also not assaulted with a metal object. She had it in her hands and he told her to let go of it. It's on the audio, we can clearly hear it being dropped to the ground.Look, the websleuths thread isn't a trial. Therefore, we can look at his past behaviour, his past criminal history, past recorded interactions with women and come to a pretty easy conclusion of what his MO is and that is he routinely manipulates what he says for the audio recording while his guest has no idea they are being recorded.

Yet the Crown did not push that point. As for the 34 (or whatever the number) 'Nos' - she did not want to be taken to the balcony. Well, she was, and she was left there by Tostee who immediately disengaged and returned to the Unit. "End of" his involvement.

I've seen you repeatedly state this. How is this known exactly? For all we know he could have done ANYTHING from going and grabbing a weapon of sorts. He could of began reapproaching the glass door. We know he didn't go lie down, because he knew she went over. So he wasn't completely disengaged. No one alive but him knows what he did in those moments.

And this preceded him telling her to leave no less than 3 times. Which she refused to do.

Ah yeah, so if he was serious about her leaving he would have let her leave when she first said it.
Also, he had her phone. I can see why she'd be reluctant to leave without it.

I've been on YouTube to relisten to the last minutes of the recording. The linked clip plays more from earlier in the night and the end is focused solely on the last minutes and plays more than what I ha e seen played over the past week. What is clear as day to me is that her voice is muffled like her mouth is covered or gagged. Had not noticed this before (I have listened to the whole recording in the past).

https://youtu.be/dkDBRGLxdmg

I thought the same thing.

that's not true. please provide link that backs your statement.

this is my link that backs mine.

2.14AM: Male says, 'You are not my kind of girl. You have worn out your welcome. You have to leave. Female says. 'ok, it is all good.' Female out of breath. Male states, 'you have to leave'. Female replies 'OK. It's all good'. He says, 'I thought you were a nice girl.'

2.14.51am: Male says, you are *advertiser censored**ing insane'.

2.15am: Male states I think you are kidding but you are not. Go on right now. Male states &#8212; I do need a sample of DNA.

2.15.31am: Male says, 'I thought you were kidding and I have taken enough. This is *advertiser censored**ing bull**** ... you are lucky I haven't chucked you off my balcony you god damn psycho little b**** ... who the *advertiser censored** do you think you ..'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...IPT-Inside-Apartment-1404-minute-minute-tape-

clearly. she states she is going. he goes apeshit.

I actually think her level of drunkenness is irrelevant when it comes to her level of decision making. The issue is Tostee's actions leading to her desperate need to escape in fear for her life. I do understand what you are saying in light of it perhaps affecting her decision making process as maybe if sober it would have been different, we'll never know. The reality is it plays no role when it comes to deciding his fate.

Good grief, not only are you making things up now you're also embellishing more than a drag queen's seamstress! Please stick to the facts. He was not seriously and unlawfully assaulted by her. He claimed she was beating him up but there was no physical evidence of this. He was also not assaulted with a metal object. She had it in her hands and he told her to let go of it. It's on the audio, we can clearly hear it being dropped to the ground.Look, the websleuths thread isn't a trial. Therefore, we can look at his past behaviour, his past criminal history, past recorded interactions with women and come to a pretty easy conclusion of what his MO is and that is he routinely manipulates what he says for the audio recording while his guest has no idea they are being recorded.

And he didn't assault her, she refused to leave his flat even when threatened with violence if she didn't do so, yet apparently was so in fear for her life that she attempted to climb down from a 14 storey building despite the fact she in relative safety - a locked door providing a barrier between her and GT.

I can only speak for myself, and I have never used the words "bringing it upon herself." What is 'supposed' about what was common ground between Prosecution and Defence that she was throwing rocks at him at generally. It is a given fact, as part of the evidence the Crown presented to the Jury.

Incorrect. For example - He was seriously and unlawfully assaulted by her with the 'metal object.' That could have been fatal to him, or at least caused GBH. There is no point pretending that did not happen. It was the Crown who presented (led) that evidence as part of its case.

No, it does not. It was a recording of what could be recorded audibly. She said what she said, he said what he said. Simple as that. Why read more into that than what it is - if you do not have an established agenda. I look at it for what it is......something he knew (but may have forgotten) he routinely recorded, and as it turned out, it became pretty much the entire core of the Crown case against him, and yet for him. They tendered that evidence, not the Defence.
Mistakenly liked the post is the first thing I wanted to say!

She did not make contact with him when holding the telescopic part, she "tried" to hit him as he had restrained her. The fact that she tried but did not actually hit him is part of the trial transcript.

I think right from her first contact with him, Warriena was reluctant. Her instincts said No. IMO he pushed her all the way along. And she wasn't really that enthusiastic. I'll wager the sex was not great for her. One thing made her over-ride her instincts was his so-called good looks. He resembled a NZ celebrity. Her guard went down a bit.
But the biggest blow to her instincts was his deliberate plying her with strong drink. She tried to get away all the same. He funnelled her into getting away HIS way, over the balcony, he wanted that more than anything.

It's hard as a woman in this situation. You want to be able to salvage the situation possibly with humor, sometimes niceness, sometimes a bit of dominance. Ultimately with the alcohol involved in seemed like it reached a point of no return before descending into tragedy.

I can certainly identify with her from these recordings. As a woman you still want to believe in the best in people lest you be labelled a man-hater. Can't win really.
Even though we see reports of terrible men everywhere there's still something that tells you, especially if you havent been in a situation like that before, "oh it can't happen to me, can it?" But here we see it can.

I've seen you repeatedly state this. How is this known exactly? For all we know he could have done ANYTHING from going and grabbing a weapon of sorts. He could of began reapproaching the glass door. We know he didn't go lie down, because he knew she went over. So he wasn't completely disengaged. No one alive but him knows what he did in those moments.

Correct. We do not know, and a Jury is not entitled to speculate. The Judge will tell them them that on Monday, I know, even if it is not 'reported' by the tweeters, Sure, we can have a field day here, but that is pointless.

And he didn't assault her, she refused to leave his flat even when threatened with violence if she didn't do so, yet apparently was so in fear for her life that she attempted to climb down from a 14 storey building despite the fact she in relative safety - a locked door providing a barrier between her and GT.

It. Escalated.

Hellooooo.

Being put outside on a locked balcony while blind drunk is not "safety." The door locks and unlocks from the inside. Meaning, she was at his mercy. He had just choked her and smothered her mouth prior to putting her on the balcony. That is assault.

He won't be found not guilty of murder because as long as that balcony door remained locked, WW was safe. If he unlocked the door and came out on to the balcony or she had somehow locked the door from the outside and he was attempting to unlock it. then I could see a guilty verdict sticking.

This is a bit like saying if you're in a burning building, as long as the fire is on the other side of the door, you're safe. By your analogy, you'd sit there and wait for the fire to go out. Me, I'd be doing my darndest to get the hell out of there.

those trophies of Gabe's are out there, Ooohm.... Gabe created his trophies and I cannot see him getting rid of them at ALL.

he couldn't even bear to get rid of his trophy recording of Warriena!!.. knowing the trouble he was in. he just couldn't do it!..

there is a big box of them . Somewhere.
Exactly. Such odd behaviour. He overshares. And I personally think he was proud of parts of that recording, not her death but of the period before her death. That tone comes through in his statement he posted. IMO, I think part of the motivation to share was also because he wanted to embarrass Warriena because by her going over the side of the balcony, she had exposed him to prosecution and potential embarrassment himself.

Pardon me? Did she choke herself? Have you heard the recording?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste