Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zedz, listen to the clip I posted and tell me he did not physically assault her. Pay special attention to her breathing and voice. Listen to the clip from around 2 minutes in. It is the recording of the last 5 or so minutes in full. It is beyond horrifying. Tell me who the person posing the danger was. It clear as day was not Rrie.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

This takes me to the fact that Warriena did not know him either, and I think it would have played big time into her needing to escape, after her experience of being held down by a stranger, and choked. He acted like a psychopath.

BBM - I'm sure that's what she thought, and I hope that's what the jury will think.

How scary for women to know we apparently still live in an era where choking, or breath restriction, is not deemed assault

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk

Sorry meant to say not seen as assault BY SOME

How scary for women to know we apparently still live in an era where choking, or breath restriction, is not deemed assault

Yep, and we still have to approach all men like they're a good guy and be able to pick up instantly that he isn't and get the hell out of the situation. Or we brought it upon ourself. Damned if we do, damned if we dont!

What fun!

If only people came with stickers like apples telling us what sort of person they are. Sigh.

Not necessarily, there is overzealous prosecution and overcharging of defendants. There are plenty of cases, where Joe Public scratches his head as to why they even got to trial, this is one of them. There is virtually no chance of GT being found guilty of murder, exemplified by the recent acquittal of a defendant in a vaguely similar trial.

Would you mind posting a link to the case of the acquittal of the defendant in the 'vaguely similar trial' if you have it handy please zedz? TIA.

And he didn't assault her, she refused to leave his flat even when threatened with violence if she didn't do so, yet apparently was so in fear for her life that she attempted to climb down from a 14 storey building despite the fact she in relative safety - a locked door providing a barrier between her and GT.

Obviously, Warriena did not feel that she was in 'relative safety'. That is the crux of the case. That is the point that is being missed by some.

And THAT is what this jury is going to concentrate on.

Did the defendant place the victim in an area where she knew she was safe? Such as outside the front door, with her only means of communication - her phone. Or did her terrify and isolate her so much with his 'retaliatory' and 'defensive' actions and threats that she felt she had to flee, however she could, to safety?

Yep, and we still have to approach all men like they're a good guy and be able to pick up instantly that he isn't and get the hell out of the situation. Or we brought it upon ourself. Damned if we do, damned if we dont!

What fun!

If only people came with stickers like apples telling us what sort of person they are. Sigh.

Start a crowdfunding campaign and I'm in!! :laughing:

Yep, that's it in a nutshell.

and when is the most dangerous time for a woman with an abusive man?.. according to all the statistics, all the court cases, all the trials for murder, 2/3 of the prisoners doing life, ..??

its when the woman says she is leaving.

when the transcript is read, it isn't until she says, 'its all good, I am leaving now'.. I'ts good.. I'll be leaving now'. that he becomes enraged and lets loose his inner psychopath.. its then that his savagery and intent is clearly visible, and he is in his peculiar masculine way , totally hysterical that she dares to choose her time of leaving. He just goes apeshit. From then on , his rage escalates and her fear escalates to lethal proportions..

I loved the word Mr Cash said about Tostee's actions and words.. 'Disproportionate'.. to the situation, to the person, to the event, Gabe was disproportionate.. nothing was equal about it.

Yes. Tostee was disproportionate. There is not any doubt about that.

Assault a person and lock them up - or take away the pebbles and diffuse the situation. Tostee had choices. He made the wrong one. And it caused the death of a beautiful, intelligent young woman.

Obviously, Warriena did not feel that she was in 'relative safety'. That is the crux of the case. That is the point that is being missed by some.

Did the defendant place the victim in an area where she knew she was safe? Such as outside the front door, with her only means of communication - her phone. Or did her terrify and isolate her so much with his 'retaliatory' and 'defensive' actions and threats that she felt she had to flee, however she could, to safety?

“So if you are satisfied there was a choking, a strangling ... obstruction of her breathing over such a long period of time, you would conclude from that intent, at that point, to cause her some grievous bodily harm,” he said.
“And if that’s the case ... it is sufficient, the prosecution says, for you to return a verdict of murder.”
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...52dadbae8e49c0
Gable Tostee murder trial: Choking question key to conviction
Melanie Petrinec,

gabe's problem is .. he has a minor defence in that he could use rational force to get her out of his home, on the predication he was in fear of his life..

but he didn't.. he deprived her of her liberty , put her in mortal danger of her life, because he merely locked her up and out in another part of his property. His balcony is part of his property. He has not removed her from his home, and a nifty juror will twig that maybe Gabe meant to make more use of her when he was good and ready later on.

Just out of interest i looked up to see how far WW's hotel was from GT's apartment. A 24 minute walk.

Now, if she was drunk, a tourist to the Gold Coast, and doesn't have her phone on her because he put it in his pocket. If she were to leave post-midnight from his place just pray tell how was she supposed to find the way back to her hotel??

I doubt anyone would want to leave without their phone if they didn't know an area. That would naturally put a woman in imminent danger and she would be at the mercy of strangers in an inebriated state. It makes sense that she wanted to stay until she had her phone back. But before she could get it back the situation escalated, he got violent, and when she wanted to leave (this time without her phone because she was under physical threat) he wouldn't let her!

Would you mind posting a link to the 'acquittal of the defendant in the vaguely similar trial' if you have it handy please zedz? TIA.

Obviously not zedz, but I have looked at this case too.
I do not believe the jury was given the option of manslaughter in this case, otherwise the result would likely have been different. imo

Christopher Cairns and Dion Pydde found not guilty of murdering Gold Coaster Tumara ‘Tumma’ Cousins
http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...k=93ca66885e27eca209605bc238b2c20a-1476538502

Correct. We do not know, and a Jury is not entitled to speculate. The Judge will tell them them that on Monday, I know, even if it is not 'reported' by the tweeters, Sure, we can have a field day here, but that is pointless.

If it's pointless, why is this "disengaged" myth being repeated as a fact over and over?

He wasn't in fear of his life - he had had enough of her. Sex was over she was too drunk to participate any longer. It wasn't the rocks, that was an hour earlier.

In his own words, he doesn't like spending the night with people in his bed as he can't sleep.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152837041
I often don't sleep at all when I'm with a girl, I just can't relax.

And by his own admission - he's short tempered - who'da thought.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129354801&p=582041781#post582041781
I'm cynical and short tempered and if someone looks at me the wrong way I take it as an insult.

Yes, that's the crux of it South. People lacking empathy cannot imagine being in another person's position; cannot imagine the terror she was experiencing. To them, Gabe Tostee, nice guy, was on the other side of the door so she was safe. To Warriena, the psycho was only a glass door away.

That's the one thing I fear, a lack of empathy by the jury.

I can't tell if he's pretending to be a psychopath or sound like a psychopath or genuinely is one. :dunno: Maybe a bit of both?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member