Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe not following from get go was a bad idea? The toxicology indeed came back clean for them both for the exception of excess blood alcohol. In such circumstances the first thing the police do is run such tests.. I think it's very wrong to assume all body builders are immediately drug takers? Many dedicate hours and make it a way of life and I don't think it's fair to minimise that. He was simply a member of the forum also- not a "body builder" himself which goes the same with many other members.
Unsure what someone's looks have to do with whether they die or not prematurely or the circumstances either? Seems a little shallow. Are those you consider unattractive somehow not as valid?

I've been on YouTube to relisten to the last minutes of the recording. The linked clip plays more from earlier in the night and the end is focused solely on the last minutes and plays more than what I ha e seen played over the past week. What is clear as day to me is that her voice is muffled like her mouth is covered or gagged. Had not noticed this before (I have listened to the whole recording in the past).

https://youtu.be/dkDBRGLxdmg

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Just a couple of points on this all MOO. I think he has the recording device in his trouser pocket, when Warriena sounds muffled it could be that he is sitting on her chest with his knees either side of her head and holding her arms down, because her mouth is so near the recording device it sounds as though she is talking through material that could be his jeans. You hear the volume of his voice changing when he changes position plus all the rustling.

At 5.10 on your link I am certain I hear what sounds like a slap and exclamation from Warriena just before the dreadful screams.

When he "chucks" her on the balcony you can hear a change in the audio, you can tell they have not just gone outside but they are at the edge because the audio is distinct and different (like when you come out of a tunnel into open air.) You hear him knock a glass across the floor (it travels for a second or so) as he makes his way back in, this could be the glass or that is in the police photo of the balcony under one of the chairs but very near the door so it has moved from wherever it was and came to rest near the door. I expect it was near the sunbed when knocked.

Maybe not following from get go was a bad idea? The toxicology indeed came back clean for them both for the exception of excess blood alcohol. In such circumstances the first thing the police do is run such tests.. I think it's very wrong to assume all body builders are immediately drug takers? Many dedicate hours and make it a way of life and I don't think it's fair to minimise that. He was simply a member of the forum also- not a "body builder" himself which goes the same with many other members.
Unsure what someone's looks have to do with whether they die or not prematurely or the circumstances either? Seems a little shallow. Are those you consider unattractive somehow not as valid?

BBM: What an unusual thing to say. I think it misses the point. Nobody deserves to die - terrified - in such a horrific way.

And most everyone is beautiful in their own way. The defendant being an exception, imo, due to the ugly nature of his lifestyle and treatment of others.

Good thinking guruagain.
I have wondered why her shoes were lying down on the balcony as they were, pointing in different directions.

He "wanted her" on the balcony? His whole direction on this date was "hmmm... Now how can I get her on the balcony"?
She had discussed death herself with him and brought the topic up first in fact and seemed equally fixated. He joked about her needing men in white coats at points to lighten her erratic mood swings or even make her ponder perhaps she was being a little "kooky". The front door through which she had been asked to leave prior was heavy and unable to be opened easily with one hand and she was also mid swing with a telescope stand towards him. She lost control of the situation when he placed a barrier between them as quickly as he could and instead of cooling off/sobering up or continuing to speak with a witness who engaged with her while she climbed over she decided to keep going. He wasn't inside loading up a shot gun and taking aim, she had a choice. Personally I wouldn't have jumped. Seems a little foolish.

No, pl,ease don't verbal me. The instant she was on the balcony, him inside, door locked.....disengaged. If he wanted to do any more than that, he would have done it. He didn't. He neutralised her, and prevented any further reasonably foreseeable nasty outcomes. She then made all the decisions, not him. Simple as that.
I honestly think an inebriated girl accidentally falling over that balcony railing was pretty foreseeable. She was clearly not in her right mind, whether she was suffering some reaction from the alcohol or she had a pre-existing condition, she was very obviously not in a good state.

It's not like drunk people falling off these balconies on the Gold Coast is an uncommon occurrence. He knows the dangers.

Don't you think he was more than just a tiny bit responsible because he failed to consider her safety? Serious question, I'm not having a go :)

He "wanted her" on the balcony? His whole direction on this date was "hmmm... Now how can I get her on the balcony"?
She had discussed death herself with him and brought the topic up first in fact and seemed equally fixated. He joked about her needing men in white coats at points to lighten her erratic mood swings or even make her ponder perhaps she was being a little "kooky". The front door through which she had been asked to leave prior was heavy and unable to be opened easily with one hand and she was also mid swing with a telescope stand towards him. She lost control of the situation when he placed a barrier between them as quickly as he could and instead of cooling off/sobering up or continuing to speak with a witness who engaged with her while she climbed over she decided to keep going. He wasn't inside loading up a shot gun and taking aim, she had a choice. Personally I wouldn't have jumped. Seems a little foolish.

BBM We don't know what he was doing at this point. Shame he didn't video this date like he had done previously.

Not to give any of the naysayers any fodder, BUT I clearly think they are making the wrong argument. There are many aspects to this case that can have different meanings. It is too bad we do not know more. There seemed to be a lot of cat and mouse games that went on between these two throughout the evening.

Perhaps the tossing of rocks was playful and maybe got a little out of hand. I wish I had better insight. I feel at best we are given a glimse to try and determine their eveing.

There are many things that stand out to me, when taken alone, they could mean one thing but in context with the whole night may mean something completely different.. The use of the word naughty, I went to Tinder yesterday and that word is part of their logo.

Sex: Did it occur? I am sure it did and was consensual otherwise the Crown would have rape in their charges. However and not from a perverted aspect, I would like to know how and what took place. Were there sex games, bondage, did even choking come in? Believe me I am not trying to muddy the waters any but with the choking, that could very have played a part earlier and then got out of hand on what most of people have heard. I am going to have to go back and revisit the tape as I had family members sleeping and could not play it at the time, I know headphones.

While there are some bizarre comments here that I do not bother to respond to, this is by no way means to fuel the fire.

There are several things in hindsight, calling a cab, CALLING A CAB, and I am sure GT wishes he did just that, the course of their evening with their cat and mouse games may have spiraled in a direction where that despite being logical, was not for someone who had been drinking.

As for the long note, I did feel it was genuine and not written by his lawyers as it would have been a few well written paragraphs if it was.

Yep, and we still have to approach all men like they're a good guy and be able to pick up instantly that he isn't and get the hell out of the situation. Or we brought it upon ourself. Damned if we do, damned if we dont!

What fun!

If only people came with stickers like apples telling us what sort of person they are. Sigh.

Actually, there is a way around that, and it's to grow up with someone really nasty; like my older brother, who is a narcissist, and who made my childhood misery. He made a lot of other children miserable too; just a really rotten kid. By the time I struck out as a young adult, I had a very finely tuned radar for people like him and Gabe Tostee, and as a result I've never been in a bad relationship and my life partner is the nicest guy you could imagine.

I think all children should be exposed to the sort of nasty behaviour my brother inflicts on others. Not in real life, of course, because it's so damaging. Probably carefully managed role playing, in teaching children resilience, would be the way to go.

BBM: You know that? How? It has not been stated what he was doing inside. If he was inside with a weapon or threatening gestures aimed at her, he is not about to admit it, is he? Not when years behind bars would be the result of such an admission.

Please don't have joined this thread to aggravate and entice. A young woman is dead, the trial is over, the deliberation is soon to commence.

I know it's difficult but I recommend to listen to his recording. GT made that recording for everyone to listen to, and please note his mention of the balcony several times. He tried to pick up another girl on the balcony but she freaked out and fled. Check out his posts on bodybuilding forum. If one wants to be on his side then check out his stuff. JMO

In the reenactment photo it shows she had a good chance of getting onto the balcony below. Unfortunately ...
I was surprised how sturdy it actually looks on that ledge. If she'd forgotten what level she was on, she might have thought she was hopping over a fence. I know I've occasionally been disoriented when inebriated lol

BBM: What an unusual thing to say. I think it misses the point. Nobody deserves to die - terrified - in such a horrific way.

And most everyone is beautiful in their own way. The defendant being an exception, imo, due to the ugly nature of his lifestyle and treatment of others.

Hmmm no I just don't think someone's appearance has really anything to do with the price of fish or was worth mentioning, as like you say everyone is beautiful in their own way. It's not so much a point as an opinion too. I'm not necessarily agreeing with the life style he lead but unfortunately it seems one that's acceptable for the young men of the Gold Coast and what I've witnessed here too. He was only doing what his peers were doing. I sense probably insecure or trying to fit in but unsure that constitutes an ugly nature. His treatment of others could have been better too maybe at times yes but again that doesn't make someone a cold hearted killer. I'm only 28 myself and I know I haven't always been golden, I've made mistakes in life or learnt along the way but I've grown and hope to continue to be a better person no matter my age.

Yes. He wanted her on the balcony. How hard is this to understand? He mentioned the balcony/throwing her off the balcony multiple times. On a previous date with another girl he picked her up on the balcony which scared her so much she immediately left and then deleted him off Tinder/FB.

He plied her with moonshine then complained about her being "kooky". Well jeez, she's blind drunk.

Why would she leave without her phone (which he had stolen and put in his pants) to go out into the night inebriated with no knowledge of how to get back to her hotel because he had said phone. Come on. The minute she told him she wanted to leave he convinced her to stay. If he was serious about her leaving he would have given her phone back to her and let her leave. But he was not. He was toying and manipulating her and telling her she was crazy.

She didn't bloody jump. She was trying to lower herself onto the balcony below WHICH she had a good chance of doing so but she lost her balance. She was terrified of what he would do to her/how long he would leave her out there.

Far out. Put yourself in her shoes as a woman. As someone whose "host" had plied them with moonshine at almost double the percentage of alcohol she was used to. Was manipulating her, had stolen her only means of communication, had her down on the ground choking her.

Please dont sit there and say she had a choice and was foolish, for God's sake.

Certainly not. I just am interested in offering a different perspective/view point or way of thinking. It's not to provoke at all I hope to make others contemplate more perhaps simply. It was very sad someone passed away regardless of their gender yes.

Actually, there is a way around that, and it's to grow up with someone really nasty; like my older brother, who is a narcissist, and who made my childhood misery. He made a lot of other children miserable too; just a really rotten kid. By the time I struck out as a young adult, I had a very finely tuned radar for people like him and Gabe Tostee, and as a result I've never been in a bad relationship and my life partner is the nicest guy you could imagine.

I think all children should be exposed to the sort of nasty behaviour my brother inflicts on others. Not in real life, of course, because it's so damaging. Probably carefully managed role playing, in teaching children resilience, would be the way to go.

You're not wrong. It wasn't until my late teens/twenties that i encountered some truly terrible sorts. It's been imprinted on me for life. I feel like i can spot/sense a "bad apple" from a mile away. My body just knows.

OT: But 'The Gift of Fear' is one of the best books i've ever read on "not being a victim" (not in a victim-blame-y way) but spotting and sensing people who want to do you harm.

And it's interesting looking at this case after reading that book as people who wish to kill you will generally tell you that (to make you scared sh**less.) And what did GT do? He threatened to throw her off the balcony and surprise surprise she falls off the balcony. Talk about the whole situation being premeditated! Even if he didn't physically "throw" her.

Can't help but laugh at those saying "how do you know that's what happened?"

Before then going into telling everyone what happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBM We don't know what he was doing at this point. Shame he didn't video this date like he had done previously.

I wonder what happened to the 2 cameras he apparently had filming the inside of his apartment?
We read about them in his bodybuilding posts, and have discussed this before. I cannot recall if we found out what happened to them.

She was 26 years old. An adult. I knew at 26 whether I wanted another drink or not you can't be plied. She was not a child please don't insult her intelligence. Nobody forced to drink but they met for a drink first then a bottle shop. What did she assume would be happening? Please.. Casual cup of tea maybe a bit of scrabble?

Hmmm no I just don't think someone's appearance has really anything to do with the price of fish or was worth mentioning, as like you say everyone is beautiful in their own way. It's not so much a point as an opinion too. I'm not necessarily agreeing with the life style he lead but unfortunately it seems one that's acceptable for the young men of the Gold Coast and what I've witnessed here too. He was only doing what his peers were doing. I sense probably insecure or trying to fit in but unsure that constitutes an ugly nature. His treatment of others could have been better too maybe at times yes but again that doesn't make someone a cold hearted killer. I'm only 28 myself and I know I haven't always been golden, I've made mistakes in life or learnt along the way but I've grown and hope to continue to be a better person no matter my age.

"Could have been better"? What an understatement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlacath