Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She was 26 years old. An adult. I knew at 26 whether I wanted another drink or not you can't be plied. She was not a child please don't insult her intelligence. Nobody forced to drink but they met for a drink first then a bottle shop. What did she assume would be happening? Please.. Casual cup of tea maybe a bit of scrabble?
It's the fact it was illegal alcohol, made without any safety precautions to ensure its safety. He supplied her with an illegal substance. When the substance had a very bad effect on her, he placed her in danger and locked the door.

She was 26 years old. An adult. I knew at 26 whether I wanted another drink or not you can't be plied. She was not a child please don't insult her intelligence. Nobody forced to drink but they met for a drink first then a bottle shop. What did she assume would be happening? Please.. Casual cup of tea maybe a bit of scrabble?

She. Thought. She. Was. Drinking. Vodka. But. It. Was. Mooonshine.
Helloooooo?

He distilled his own spirits. Meaning store bought vodka is around 40% alcohol, home made spirits around 70%. Meaning one drink did not = one standard drink. Got it?

Get with the program, dude! This information has been posted in the thread just pages ago.

I wonder what happened to the 2 cameras he apparently had filming the inside of his apartment?
We read about them in his bodybuilding posts, and have discussed this before.

They were removed prior. Initially they were only installed because there was an issue with the sprinkler system defaulting and turning itself on so the cameras were there to capture that as proof to provide the landlord. It happened at one time they obviously caught other coming and goings.
A friend of mine has 5 cameras installed throughout their home to spy on dodgy flatties essentially at one point too for example.

Well surely you can moderate yourself regardless of what you're drinking or the quantity. I know when I'm getting too tipsy and pull back. It's just common sense. The moonshine was also tested at 40% only when tested by the police.

Hmmm no I just don't think someone's appearance has really anything to do with the price of fish or was worth mentioning, as like you say everyone is beautiful in their own way. It's not so much a point as an opinion too. I'm not necessarily agreeing with the life style he lead but unfortunately it seems one that's acceptable for the young men of the Gold Coast and what I've witnessed here too. He was only doing what his peers were doing. I sense probably insecure or trying to fit in but unsure that constitutes an ugly nature. His treatment of others could have been better too maybe at times yes but again that doesn't make someone a cold hearted killer. I'm only 28 myself and I know I haven't always been golden, I've made mistakes in life or learnt along the way but I've grown and hope to continue to be a better person no matter my age.

Fair enough. But if we call Warriena a beautiful young woman, or pretty, it is because she was. And she is deceased. And we feel sad and embarrassed that this could happen to someone from another country (especially) on our turf.
Tostee is 30. He has been in trouble with the law, in one way or another, since he was 15. He does not appear to be growing up. And he certainly is not accepting any responsibility.

Well surely you can moderate yourself regardless of what you're drinking or the quantity. I know when I'm getting too tipsy and pull back. It's just common sense. The moonshine was also tested at 40% only when tested by the police.

BBM: Could you please provide a link for this statement? TIA

It's actually not illegal at all to distill or serve only sell it. Which he didn't.

"In Australia, it is legal to own a still of up to 5 L capacity for the sole purpose of manufacturing essential oils and for distilling water. Any still of over 5 L capacity is required to be registered with the ATO, even if it is to be used for the sole purpose of distilling water or essential oils.

Making of distilled alcohol in Australia is still illegal if you aren’t approved by the ATO to do so and further details can be obtained from the Australian Taxation Office from http://www.ato.gov.au/content/66216.htm"

https://nationalhomebrew.com.au/spirits-topics/legal

Well isn't that great for you? But what does that have to do with the case? Saying she should have done x, y, z and used "common sense" is nothing but victim blaming. Hindsight is 20/20 as they say.

His life was not in danger, he was not threatened with serious assault. He threw her out on the balcony which he had no reason to and now she's dead. Fact, fact, fact and fact.

They were removed prior. Initially they were only installed because there was an issue with the sprinkler system defaulting and turning itself on so the cameras were there to capture that as proof to provide the landlord. It happened at one time they obviously caught other coming and goings.
A friend of mine has 5 cameras installed throughout their home to spy on dodgy flatties essentially at one point too for example.

That seems an odd and rather exact thing to know. Or is it in one of his posts somewhere?

How interesting. I recall reading on misc that he installed the cameras after his keys went missing while there were workers in the apartment. No link, unfortunately. Where does this information about the sprinklers come from? Do you have a link?

And when exactly did the police test the moonshine? He knew what he was doing with the alcohol and he could have tampered with it himself.
Where does it say police tested it and what the results were? I've tried doing a search.

Isn't that why Gabe said he recorded so as he when he could not moderate himself, he could replay?

Hmmm no I just don't think someone's appearance has really anything to do with the price of fish or was worth mentioning, as like you say everyone is beautiful in their own way. It's not so much a point as an opinion too. I'm not necessarily agreeing with the life style he lead but unfortunately it seems one that's acceptable for the young men of the Gold Coast and what I've witnessed here too. He was only doing what his peers were doing. I sense probably insecure or trying to fit in but unsure that constitutes an ugly nature. His treatment of others could have been better too maybe at times yes but again that doesn't make someone a cold hearted killer. I'm only 28 myself and I know I haven't always been golden, I've made mistakes in life or learnt along the way but I've grown and hope to continue to be a better person no matter my age.

Good on you for that! Welcome to the forum :)

Is it at all possible to get a link for the sprinkler incident? I thought they were installed in another unit, prior to this one and none were installed at the unit where this occurred. I could easily of missed it in the msm though. TIA

I'm a New Zealander so I understand how you may feel about this happening in your country. I am also female. Trust me when I tell you many times I've had to pull friends up on their attitudes while drinking, hold their hair back, try to sober them up. That's only drinking with women too! It seems a culture to binge drink no matter who you're with. I feel I am one of the only in my age group almost who has any sense of control and not to do just what everyone else is doing . I'm also a trained nurse however and have seen many with addictions so maybe that's why. Have also treated guys with a rap sheet of 60 odd convictions coming in from the prison at times. I believe Mr Tostee made an error in youth, drunk drove at some point with a bunch off friends at 26, and then embroiled in this incident. He isn't exactly a career criminal or off the rails to me.. Here in NZ so many people I know have drink driving convictions and are active and working professionals, I think they need to get you atleast 6 or 7 times before they even give you a minimum 3 month sentence here, doesn't make it right but it's just so prevelent. Especially with young men because they're generally morons :)

I wonder what happened to the 2 cameras he apparently had filming the inside of his apartment?
We read about them in his bodybuilding posts, and have discussed this before. I cannot recall if we found out what happened to them.
I think that was his previous apartment, but I could be mistaken...

Will see what I can find. I know I read it when it first initially hit the news years ago because that part always resonated with me as I was having a similar issue at my flat :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lea94