Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
His mate that had his examined is party and pleasure central at the Gold Coast (by his own definition) and stood firmly by his side. Fast forward a couple of years and I dunno.

The same mate he called that night, arranging to meet up/go out while W was there - or was it come over? I

Perhaps relevant to review, as I don't recall hearing him cancel that meetup either.

Just reading some of the comments here .. It is really scary to think that people in this thread could one day be sitting on a Jury that decides the fate of another person based on their prejudice and not the evidence at hand. Ignore your emotions. He cannot be convicted of murder or manslaughter based on the EVIDENCE presented and the arguments built around it in court.

Also, if the metal object dropped on the carpet would it have made the sound heard on tape? (The floor is carpeted right?)

You're right. OMG, if Websleuthers are going through this much trouble trying to work out what happened (thanks to the woefully inadequate prosecution), imagine what the Jury are feeling! I expect they will all agree to a hung jury (the irony!) as this case clearly needs to be retried, properly.

Just reading some of the comments here .. It is really scary to think that people in this thread could one day be sitting on a Jury that decides the fate of another person based on their prejudice and not the evidence at hand. Ignore your emotions. He cannot be convicted of murder or manslaughter based on the EVIDENCE presented and the arguments built around it in court.

The Prosecution has fashioned an argument that IGNORES critical evidence. Let us hope the Jury sees through what is happening here. If I was on the jury, I would refuse to deliver a verdict, as it is impossible given that it is quite obvious that the Prosecution is in fact on the same side as the Defence.

The Prosecution has fashioned an argument that IGNORES critical evidence. Let us hope the Jury sees through what is happening here. If I was on the jury, I would refuse to deliver a verdict, as it is impossible given that it is quite obvious that the Prosecution is in fact on the same side as the Defence.

It is not for the Jury to decide whether or not the Prosecution 'could have' built a better case. They are there to come to a decision based on the evidence that WAS presented. Not what you want to be presented.

Also, if the metal object dropped on the carpet would it have made the sound heard on tape? (The floor is carpeted right?)

I have carpet over a concrete slab. No, metal makes a 'thunk'. IIRC (and I really don't want to listen to the audio ever again) I would hazard a guess it was dropped on a harder surface; like the balcony. I wonder if the balcony floor was checked for signs of recent damage? Then again; no I don't.

It may have landed on the table.

Perhaps, in the picture it's on the floor, but if it did hit the table, it makes the point that it wasn't a very heavy stand as the table nearby is glass. It blows my mind that the defense wants the jury to accept he was hit with the object despite a lack of physical proof, but we are to dismiss the choking, which is clearly heard, due to lack of evidence on her body.

It may have landed on the table.

I considered that last night, but the table looks like it is made from perspex or similar. Not real glass.
Whatever fell made a tinkling sound, as if it hit tile. imo

To explain a little further, the table is one curved piece of material. If it was made of glass, it would cost an absolute fortune. And it wouldn't go with the rest of his cheap furniture.

I would not want to be hit by that pretty substantial metal object. That could be lethal.

That is not THE metal object, which looks to be a much slimmer, smaller design - i was merely showing a type of bolt that looks somewhat like the ones on the table/floor.

And Tostee said "She TRIED to SWING IT at me"....... look at that sentence, tell me where it says she 'hit' him with it. In his own words, she did not even succeed at swinging it, only tried... mind you, this ALL happens in the middle of his 'tackle' that he admits took her the floor, and the choking noises.

2+2=?

Respectfully, this is a sleuthing and crime forum, not a jury room and I am well aware of the difference between the two. People can voice their opinions here as long as they conform to WS' TOS.

I considered that last night, but the table looks like it is made from perspex or similar. Not real glass.
Whatever fell made a tinkling sound, as if it hit tile. imo

Exactly like when my cats continually swat metal butter knives off my countertops and they fall onto my tiled kitchen floor. Grrr...

It is not for the Jury to decide whether or not the Prosecution 'could have' built a better case. They are there to come to a decision based on the evidence that WAS presented. Not what you want to be presented.

... but what is the Jury supposed to do when the Crown argues that a scenario occurred that is inconsistent with the evidence? When then Crown ignores key evidence? When the Crown misleads the jury?

Exactly like when my cats continually drop metal butter knives off my countertops and they fall onto my tiled kitchen floor. Grrr...

I think there are two noises - The Thud - then later after the no, no, no's , the tinkle , which I theorised in one of the other threads was possibly the glass bottle being kicked across the balcony from near the sunbed to under the chair where it is in the police photos.

As I said, harrowing, but I was wondering if you could share some details of the case and how it was dealt with in the Jury Room.
Sorry, what happens in jury room stays in the jury room. OT and not related to this case.

Sent from my Blade S6 using Tapatalk

... but what is the Jury supposed to do when the Crown argues that a scenario occurred that is inconsistent with the evidence? When then Crown ignores key evidence? When the Crown misleads the jury?

Mr Cash told the Supreme Court jury yesterday that if it finds Tostee intended to cause Ms Wright grievous bodily harm by restricting her breathing, and if that influenced her panicked decision to climb from the balcony minutes later, he is guilty of murder.

“So if you are satisfied there was a choking, a strangling ... obstruction of her breathing over such a long period of time, you would conclude from that intent, at that point, to cause her some grievous bodily harm,” he said.

“And if that’s the case ... it is sufficient, the prosecution says, for you to return a verdict of murder.”

But Tostee’s barrister, Saul Holt, QC, denied any choking or strangling and said it was an issue the jury needed to be “extraordinarily careful about”.

“That allegation of choking or strangling is essential to this trial,” he said.

A pathologist said there was no medical evidence that Ms Wright was strangled, but agreed that some methods of restraint don’t leave marks.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...n/news-story/b130ade6605cec5a4152dadbae8e49c0
:praying:

I think there are two noises - The Thud - then later after the no, no, no's , the tinkle , which I theorised in one of the other threads was possibly the glass bottle being kicked across the balcony from near the sunbed to under the chair where it is in the police photos.

I can't listen to that tape one more time. Not. One. More. Time. What you hear; you can't 'unhear'. Warriena screaming 'No!' 33 times even on one occasion is more than enough for any one human being to have to hear in their lifetime and I have listened to it many more times than once. That girl was terrified.

Sorry, point being.. that fat 'bracket' was probably used on the balcony (as opposed to the tripod) - needs to be sturdy, with bolts heavy enough to make that 'unscrewing' sound. Look where it is.. about where this pic was taken... how far from the door.
attachment.php
in the tape, it sounds like they were right by the door? Can anyone hear her being dragged out, before the door opens? Note also how small that balcony is -- he was out there with her for about 70 seconds, every moment of which, she was screaming NO. And this is what I hope the jury wants some answers for.

Whats the metal (poss) ball thing near the "rocks" bowl ? Of course none of these things may have been there that night.

Sunglasses?

They'll do their best to sort it out, and they'll ask for further instructions as necessary; and hopefully their efforts, together with the unmistakable evidence of the recording, will be enough for them to convict him. Don't give up hope yet. I'm still hopeful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat