Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why he said she initially had to leave without her property! Normally if you want someone out you'd say "take your things and go!"
He was so intent on her leaving then he locks her on the balcony!
She had no where to go to.

[video=twitter;788248815388143616]https://twitter.com/alexutting/status/788248815388143616[/video]

Or, he thought the balcony was not only the easiest and quickest option to remove the threat, it also allowed her to calm down, then re-enter, collect her property and then leave.

Yeah cos the guy's gonna let her collect her property. If that was the case, why not let her leave earlier? You know, when he told her he was gonna throw her out the front door. That's right, cos he didn't want her to take her property.

I wonder if the thing he was telling her to let go of was her/a phone.

"The second question was: “Could you please clarify the homeowner’s right to remove a person behaving in a disorderly manner. Does removal to the balcony constitute removal from the property?”

Justice Byrne replied: “The answer is yes”.

Oh no. Doesn't look good for team guilty.

But Tostee didn't have Byrne's knowledge. He just reacted.
But Gabe himself did say in his media post that the balcony was an extension of his living space.
So after a bit of reflection and having a listen to his recording i guess he thought darn I did not removed he from his property like I had said I was going to do.
Oh I will de escalate.
imo

Some of the comments on this thread make me think that lots of people (men?) have no understanding of what it feels like to be a woman in this world, especially a smaller and more vulnerable one. To constantly be aware that you're physically weaker, more easily overpowered than others, and more susceptible to harm should someone decide to harm you.

Rrie was petite, intoxicated, and terrified. A man she had just met that night, who had just threatened her with death and choked her, forcibly threw her on his balcony and locked her out there. People who suggest she should have just calmed down and then politely requested re-entry to the property have no idea what would have been going through her head. They're approaching this case with their own lived experience, and without attempting to see what that experience would feel like for a different type of person. At that point, she was probably thinking that this man had every intent to hurt her, possibly even kill her. Why would she want to stay on his property one second longer? (And yes Judge, she was still very much on his property. Worse, she was trapped there.) Why would she think that this was a person who could be reasoned with, who she should event want to TRY to reason with??

I've been in situations where I've felt a man intended to harm me, and all I could think was 'escape, escape, escape'. I can't even imagine how panicked I would have been in Rrie's situation.

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou [video=twitter;788249242657665026]https://twitter.com/KateKyriacou/status/788249242657665026[/video]
Justice Byrne says he won't discharge them until he is convinced they can't reach verdict. He says juries often agree given time. #tostee

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 15.JPG
    15.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 108
  • 16.JPG
    16.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 109
When they advise the Judge they are unable to reach a unanimous verdict. He will the then consider whether to allow majority verdict (11/1) or send them back for further consideration.

In the vast majority of trials that is the case but it's not available in murder cases or other cases where there is a mandatory penalty of life imprisonment. Has to be unanimous here.

If GT was SOOOOOOOOOO threatened by Warriena he could have called the cops. After all he had at LEAST two phones!!

I don't understand why he said she initially had to leave without her property! Normally if you want someone out you'd say "take your things and go!"
He was so intent on her leaving then he locks her on the balcony!
She had no where to go to.

Exactly!! As the wonderful, but currently absent, Trooper pointed out on multiple occasions, it's when she decides to leave that Tosser - oops, I did it again, Tostee - gets aggressive and violent. He forced her to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr