Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 19.JPG
    19.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 111
What is the bodybuilding website he is on again? Trying to find something... Thanks

My guess is, the jury will end up being sent home or sequestered for the night. Let them get refreshed, sort their thoughts out without the stronger members of the jury applying pressure. Bring them back in the morning.

There's no point now,
The jig is up,
Trial by media,
It's always going to be tough

Gable Tostee
He stuck it out
Delicious home cooked dinners
He will never go without

The jury was clever
Through the lies they could see
That GT was innocent
And now he walks free.

Shultz

[video=twitter;788251840789909504]https://twitter.com/vivienVD/status/788251840789909504[/video]

If GT was SOOOOOOOOOO threatened by Warriena he could have called the cops. After all he had at LEAST two phones!!

Absolutely! Take a phone into the bathroom & and call daddy, then the lawyer, order a slice of pizza then....maybe call the cops.

IMO the jury should take as long as it pleases. It's good news they are asking question....they're thinking.

I'm putrid with the way the lack of evidence has been discounted. It's BS!

There's no point now,
The jig is up,
Trial by media,

Gable Tostee
He stuck it out
He will never go without

The jury was clever
That GT was innocent
And now he walks free.

Shultz

Until he walks down an alley one night, and some disgusted person jumps him.

Now the Jury really will get to know what it is like to want to go home!

I am not liking the sound of this ??

I think he is just stopping them from throwing their hands in the air too soon. There must be a lot of frustration in the jury room. Much like here on this thread.

So if the jury thinks that GT's actions intimidated Warriena enough that she attempted to climb the balcony, does that mean manslaughter regardless of whether he was within his rights to put her on the balcony?

I am so confused because it seems contradictory. I keep thinking they need to focus on whether or not GT's actions resulted in her climbing the railing. But then those comments from the judge regarding whether he used reasonable force putting her out there are confusing as hell.

Some of the comments on this thread make me think that lots of people (men?) have no understanding of what it feels like to be a woman in this world, especially a smaller and more vulnerable one. To constantly be aware that you're physically weaker, more easily overpowered than others, and more susceptible to harm should someone decide to harm you.

Rrie was petite, intoxicated, and terrified. A man she had just met that night, who had just threatened her with death and choked her, forcibly threw her on his balcony and locked her out there. People who suggest she should have just calmed down and then politely requested re-entry to the property have no idea what would have been going through her head. They're approaching this case with their own lived experience, and without attempting to see what that experience would feel like for a different type of person. At that point, she was probably thinking that this man had every intent to hurt her, possibly even kill her. Why would she want to stay on his property one second longer? (And yes Judge, she was still very much on his property. Worse, she was trapped there.) Why would she think that this was a person who could be reasoned with, who she should event want to TRY to reason with??

I've been in situations where I've felt a man intended to harm me, and all I could think was 'escape, escape, escape'. I can't even imagine how panicked I would have been in Rrie's situation.

I've been in a situation where a man did intend to harm me, and inflicted a lifetime of damage upon me before he flung me to the ground. Fortunately for me, we were on the ground.

There's no point now,
The jig is up,
Trial by media,

Gable Tostee
He stuck it out
He will never go without

The jury was clever
That GT was innocent
And now he walks free.

Shultz

Maybe the indecision is murder versus manslaughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr