Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sep 2014 - #69

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She is literally saying what could possibly have happened and what the fosters may have been thinking. They raised her from a very young age and would consider her their daughter and would likely be missing her terribly. We still don’t know the details of the charges. They certainly do not show the feelings of the child. We cannot assume she is frightened or even doesn’t want to see them without hearing directly from her.

really??
I think we can assume a whole lot about how she feels.

William Tyrrell’s foster parents do not appear in court as new charges of stalking mentioned | Daily Telegraph
"The foster father is accused of one count of stalking and intimidation intending fear of physical harm against a child"

moo

However in April, the foster father was hit with a charge of stalking and intimidation intending fear of physical harm against the same child.

Intending fear of physical harm seems to me more than just wanting to see the child.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/br...s/news-story/d83b4abfac37b4215af0ee5dc47fd153

William Tyrrell foster parents in court on child stalk assault charges

The charges of stalking and intimidation intending fear of physical or mental harm, are domestic related, according to court documents.

BBM so we don’t know for sure it’s physical harm. It could be mental harm, which l don’t know how they define or decide what mental harm.

The charges of stalking and intimidation intending fear of physical or mental harm, are domestic related, according to court documents.

BBM so we don’t know for sure it’s physical harm. It could be mental harm, which l don’t know how they define or decide what mental harm.
Does it matter?

Either or .....still refute your post #817 "we cannot assume she is frightened or even doesn’t want to see them without hearing directly from her."

<modsnip>

moo

Last edited by a moderator:
Does it matter?

Either or .....still refute your post #817 "we cannot assume she is frightened or even doesn’t want to see them without hearing directly from her."

<modsnip>

moo

It does matter when people say it was definitely threat of physical harm. That is not what the charges say so it could be but could also be “mental harm”. My post still stands that we cannot assume how the child feels unless she tells us. It’s a very complicated situation and could be very confusing for her.

Last edited by a moderator:
William Tyrrell: Detectives continue witness interviews | news.com.au — Australia’s leading news site
Detectives are now reviewing evidence gathered in Kendall last year in consultation with forensic experts as well as conducting fresh interviews.
Among those being interviewed is a child, who is not William, who police allege was assaulted by William’s foster parents in an unrelated case that will return to court this year.
Police were preparing to reinterview the child complainant in the case and would serve a brief of evidence by February 1, the court was told.

Could the incidence of mistruth/lying be in relation to the incident that involved the latest allegation of assault on the girl foster child?

Accused paedophile Bill Spedding questioned over William Tyrrell's disappearance | Daily Mail Online

The alleged victims, whose names have been suppressed, will appear as witnesses at Mr. Speddings forthcoming trial.
Yes, but what did they say on the stand? Did they confirm the story or did they say that they didn't remember the crime, only the aftermath?

The charges were dismissed. There wasn't even enough in the case to leave it to the jury to decide. Given that there was medical evidence that somebody raped one of the children, I think the women could not confirm the story. I've no inside information, it's just what I think.

Yes, but what did they say on the stand? Did they confirm the story or did they say that they didn't remember the crime, only the aftermath?

The charges were dismissed. There wasn't even enough in the case to leave it to the jury to decide. Given that there was medical evidence that somebody raped one of the children, I think the women could not confirm the story. I've no inside information, it's just what I think.

Yes l don’t know what they said on the stand, that would not be public. At the time of the assault one child apparently told her mother while the other couldn’t remember. I would say that was the 3yo as she was so young. IMO at least one must have confirmed the story in 2018 otherwise the prosecution wouldn’t put them as witnesses if they both denied it happened.

William Tyrrell: Detectives continue witness interviews | news.com.au — Australia’s leading news site
Detectives are now reviewing evidence gathered in Kendall last year in consultation with forensic experts as well as conducting fresh interviews.
Among those being interviewed is a child, who is not William, who police allege was assaulted by William’s foster parents in an unrelated case that will return to court this year.
Police were preparing to reinterview the child complainant in the case and would serve a brief of evidence by February 1, the court was told.

Could the incidence of mistruth/lying be in relation to the incident that involved the latest allegation of assault on the girl foster child?

l don’t think so because the charge was lying to the crime commission.

It does matter when people say it was definitely threat of physical harm. That is not what the charges say so it could be but could also be “mental harm”. My post still stands that we cannot assume how the child feels unless she tells us. It’s a very complicated situation and could be very confusing for her.
Stalking is scary in itself. Intentionally causing fear, even of physical harm, doesn't necessarily correspond to an explicit verbal threat of harm to the child. If the former foster parent is repeatedly contacting the child and claiming to be so damaged by the child's desertion she's not responsible for her own behaviour, that's enough to put the child in fear on account of herself, her new family and her former foster parent. This is a hypothetical situation, but if such was the case, it's arguable that the former foster parent must have known the likely effect of her actions, and therefore intended to cause fear.

Could the stalking charges arise out of incidents that occurred prior to the AVOs being put in place? That would explain why there are no breaches associated with the conduct that the stalking charges arise from.

l would highly doubt that. It would be difficult to charge them with stalking of a child in their care.

Stalking has a terrible impact on victims. The psychological impacts of stalking are just as serious as the impacts caused from the fear of physical harm.

Considering the FM is claiming that she has a mental illness, I can't help but wonder whether there perhaps has been a pattern of abuse over the past few years.

Stalking has a terrible impact on victims. The psychological impacts of stalking are just as serious as the impacts caused from the fear of physical harm.

Considering the FM is claiming that she has a mental illness, I can't help but wonder whether there perhaps has been a pattern of abuse over the past few years.
The first thing that came to my mind when reading that article was getting a defence ready.

Under the circumstances, your post definately holds merit. :(

moo

Well, that is what Mr O'Brien said (about it not being clear when the injuries occurred) but one would think that they'd have a really good idea, by the date on the medical reports and the apparent longevity/stage of the injuries - as in, black bruising.

Accused questioned over William Tyrrell's disappearance | Daily Mail Online
According to this article the mother reported seeing bruising, and the medical examination supported penetration at an unknown time. The inability to date the injuries suggests that the medical examination happened well after the mother's observation and by that time the bruising was gone.

According to this article the mother reported seeing bruising, and the medical examination supported penetration at an unknown time. The inability to date the injuries suggests that the medical examination happened well after the mother's observation and by that time the bruising was gone.

This more detailed, more concise article says that the attack happened in April, that the medical records were made 'soon after'.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/n...s/news-story/6af1e4e9dfe5cc917e88dfe3d6f66702

Which could be an indication that the records were pretty clear about a time frame.

Mr O'Brien is very good with his words. imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member