Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sep 2014 - #71

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
‘I also thought he could run straight through there (she points across the road), so he would have run along the road down there.

I always thought William could have 'gone across the road'. Been taken across there, walked across there, to nocturnal man's house. He was the first person FGM thought of, and he was among the first people that quite a few people here thought of. Quite a few of us right away thought "neighbour".

The position of his property looks right onto the area where William disappeared.
Lots of shrubbery - if someone wanted to stay out of sight and observe.
If JW and PS heard children playing, he likely could have heard children playing.
His property has immediate access to the woods behind that house.
And he took so long to answer the door to the police when they knocked.

(Not to mention the boxlike structure filling his window, and all the oddities about his situation.)

And this part: is where the drive may have occurred ….????

Detective Partridge asks the grandmother what happened next and is told that 'between four and five minutes' later her daughter disappeared after William.

After remaining seated 'for some time, then I didn’t hear from her, I got up and followed them down.'

Leading the detective around the side of the house she said, 'I walked all the way down here wondering what’s going on' and agreed she still couldn't see her daughter and so 'I went all the way down to the road.

It was a while before FM went to check on William, (FGM states 4-5mins - could easily have been longer??????)

Strange that FGM could not hear her daughter calling out for him …..

And even longer that FGM remained seated on the back patio …. As the FF walkthrough states FGM was still sat there….

IMO there could easily be a fifteen minute time period there …. When the drive occurred before FF arrived back at 48 Benaroon….

Oops forgot the link

Last edited:
I always thought William could have 'gone across the road'. Been taken across there, walked across there, to nocturnal man's house. He was the first person FGM thought of, and he was among the first people that quite a few people here thought of. Quite a few of us right away thought "neighbour".

The position of his property looks right onto the area where William disappeared.
If JW and PS heard children playing, he likely could have heard children playing.

(Not to mention the boxlike structure filling his window, and all the oddities about his situation.)
Police must have thought so too as they also searched his house 3 times in the first 24hrs …
First at 2:40pm and again at 3:30pm on the 12th, and again at 11am on the 13th…

Overington, Photo Section, Missing William Tyrrell.

This is #1421 earlier thread relayed by bearbear

She told the court that William had been “getting very bored” just before he vanished and they were waiting for his foster father to return from the nearby town of Laurieton.

She had been expecting her husband to return from a visit to the chemist and a telephone conference meeting between 10.15am and 10.30am that morning.

“William’s sister was still drawing,” she said.

“He was getting very bored with the game. He was running up and down.

“I said to William (and his sister) ‘you know what? Why don’t we go down and see if Daddy’s car is here yet’.”
William Tyrrell’s foster mum: ‘I beat myself up’

Maybe that's why he was down the front of the yard - because she sent him down there. MOO

And even longer that FGM remained seated on the back patio …. As the FF walkthrough states FGM was still sat there….
Does he, though? I listened to that a few times and I see the place in the footage where he gestures, but I don't gather that he's saying she was still sitting there when he got home. I think he's indicating where they were sitting when William disappeared, according to what FFC told him when he arrived.

JMO = Quite understandable Southaussie that the a neighbour could be responsible for a despicable act.
To actually take William and dispose of him when he lives in such close proximity? The man would surely have realised that on discovering William missing, the Police would be called and conduct searches in the vicinity.

JMO that there could be various reasons for him taking so long to answer the door ..... e.g. getting dressed / in the bathroom. I don't know the details from LE relating to that delay.

Post #1191

• Both kids known by the name Tyrrell
  • The visit to Kendall was very last minute & depended on wether they could get boarding for their cats, which they got in just in time.
  • Had obtained " bulk approval" for travel at times to Kendall as they were travelling frequently when FGF was ill & was easier
  • FGF funeral 14/2/2014
  • FFC was friendly with ? Miller's from # 52
  • Had meet Paul Savage & his wife# 43
  • ? crabs # 51
  • FFC had not meet Anne Maree Sharpley before the day WT vanished
  • Called FGM on way instead of surprising her
  • Spoke about broken washing machine on the the thurs night they arrived
  • Arrived in Kendall about 9m
  • FFC said she remembered the two parked cars on the way back from driving to Port Macquarie airport after picking up a relative & ran straight to the command post to tell the cops. Had FGM & william's sister with her.

With no evidence (until maybe something from the most recent search), maybe if the most recent search did not turn up any evidence of William / his body, an accident ...... and LE then decided that disposal of his body can be now be eliminated. So, FFC's drive down Batar Creek Road might well have been to hand him over to someone .... a motive for this could lie in William not fitting in with the Fosters idea of their desired 'son' any longer, and considered him to be 'Government property' .... to be passed on by them. MOO

I've heard this scenario before. That FM had had enough of WT to pass him on to someone else.

I guess it's a possibility but it seems fairly out there IMO.

But playing out this scenario, could that be why she offered to help with the new sibling that bio mum was pregnant with?

I can't remember when bio mum was pregnant with his 2 younger brothers and if this fits in with the time WT went missing?

Did she hope to replace WT with this new baby?

Obviously pure speculation and sounds like something from a midday movie plot but there's not much to go on with this case.

Post #1191

• Both kids known by the name Tyrrell
  • The visit to Kendall was very last minute & depended on wether they could get boarding for their cats, which they got in just in time.
  • Had obtained " bulk approval" for travel at times to Kendall as they were travelling frequently when FGF was ill & was easier
  • FGF funeral 14/2/2014
  • FFC was friendly with ? Miller's from # 52
  • Had meet Paul Savage & his wife# 43
  • ? crabs # 51
  • FFC had not meet Anne Maree Sharpley before the day WT vanished
  • Called FGM on way instead of surprising her
  • Spoke about broken washing machine on the the thurs night they arrived
  • Arrived in Kendall about 9m
  • FFC said she remembered the two parked cars on the way back from driving to Port Macquarie airport after picking up a relative & ran straight to the command post to tell the cops. Had FGM & william's sister with her.
Below is an extract from your post Nightrider:

"FFC said she remembered the two parked cars on the way back from driving to Port Macquarie airport after picking up a relative & ran straight to the command post to tell the cops. Had FGM & william's sister with her."

I think this occurred on 14 Sept ..... she obviously did it, but in her distressed state it is surprising that the relative couldn't have been collected by someone else .... JMO, that is when the vehicle should have been 'bugged' to record the conversations.

In regard to the possibility the FFC “passed” William off to another person/s. One question I would ask is if William was passed on to somebody, then how come no one has ever seen him since? From reasonably early this case was getting a large amount of news coverage, and Williams face was seen by many people, and it’s continued to this day. How has there never been any kind of sighting at all since?

Another point about BS calling the FGM’s house on the arvo of the disappearance of William. If you had anything to do with the disappearance that morning, why on earth would you be calling the house that same afternoon? Seems like madness to me imo

edit for spelling

I do wonder how thorough the searches of “nocturnal mans” house were on the first day, at that point I’m sure everyone just thought William had wandered off.
Were residents free to drive off anywhere they liked during the first day?

If there was a straight forward explanation to Williams disappearance (eg. snatched by an immediate neighbour) then this case would have been solved relatively quickly IMO.

There was a quick and heavy police presence in the immediate vicinity with the narrative along the line that a "3 year old boy had been abducted".

I have followed many cases in the media when children go missing and they are not usually treated as an abduction straight away unless there is a witness.

Why wasn't the first thoughts that he ran off and got lost in the bush?

There is a 3 year old boy that has gone missing today from his baby sitters backyard in Lowell Masachusetts and Police are saying they "suspect nothing more than a missing or lost child".

Police quote "there is nothing to indicate any foul play" and I keep wondering why we were led to immediately suspect foul play in this case without any witnesses or without any evidence to indicate stranger abduction?

"I wasn't watching him and I don't know how long I wasn't watching him but he is gone so someone must have abducted him".

Hmmmm.

Yes they were, and the next day too ….

Interestingly I was just reading some of CO’s book again, and she states one of the first concrete indicators to Police, that William was taken, and not lost, was because the Police Dog, PD Gov not being able to find his scent off the property….

Chapter 2, Pg 31, Missing William Tyrrell, Caroline Overington

This is #1421 earlier thread relayed by bearbear

She told the court that William had been “getting very bored” just before he vanished and they were waiting for his foster father to return from the nearby town of Laurieton.

She had been expecting her husband to return from a visit to the chemist and a telephone conference meeting between 10.15am and 10.30am that morning.

“William’s sister was still drawing,” she said.

“He was getting very bored with the game. He was running up and down.

“I said to William (and his sister) ‘you know what? Why don’t we go down and see if Daddy’s car is here yet’.”
William Tyrrell’s foster mum: ‘I beat myself up’

Maybe that's why he was down the front of the yard - because she sent him down there. MOO

Just going to add the thread link here, because I had no idea what thread you (or bear) were speaking of. It is thread 39.
(In case others want to read it.)

Last edited:
If there was a straight forward explanation to Williams disappearance (eg. snatched by an immediate neighbour) then this case would have been solved relatively quickly IMO.

There was a quick and heavy police presence in the immediate vicinity with the narrative along the line that a "3 year old boy had been abducted".

I have followed many cases in the media when children go missing and they are not usually treated as an abduction straight away unless there is a witness.

Why wasn't the first thoughts that he ran off and got lost in the bush?

There is a 3 year old boy that has gone missing today from his baby sitters backyard in Lowell Masachusetts and Police are saying they "suspect nothing more than a missing or lost child".

Police quote "there is nothing to indicate any foul play" and I keep wondering why we were led to immediately suspect foul play in this case without any witnesses or without any evidence to indicate stranger abduction?

"I wasn't watching him and I don't know how long I wasn't watching him but he is gone so someone must have abducted him".

Hmmmm.
I don’t believe the first thoughts were that he had been abducted, hence why so many people turned up to help search for him.

I do wonder how thorough the searches of “nocturnal mans” house were on the first day, at that point I’m sure everyone just thought William had wandered off.
Searching separate areas on separate occasions, if that's what happened, doesn't sound like an effective technique.

I don’t believe the first thoughts were that he had been abducted, hence why so many people turned up to help search for him.
Which doesn’t really fit with the Fc’s narrative (esp the FFC) that they believed from the beginning it was ”boy taken”, not “boy lost”. Those are the exact words spoken by FFC in where’s William podcast.

edit to add the narrative of William not being a wanderer, as stated in same episode of podcast and MFCs walkthrough video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member