Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sep 2014 - #71

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone explain the stalking charges? How does one stalk a child that's in their care?
Only my opinion but I was thinking that after the girl was removed from their care they were following her.
Creepy and controlling behaviour.
That poor girl...I am very concerned about what her life has been like.
Hidden away under a veil of these 'wonderful' fosters. :rolleyes:

Her brother vanished while with these 'wonderful' fosters also. :mad:

Do we have any idea when the alleged assault happened, could it have been years ago?
Quote from attached article indicates that it happened in 2021.

The foster mother and foster father each face one count of common assault, alleged to have occurred at a home on Sydney’s upper north shore this year.

IIRC the "Fake News" was in September, 2021.

Police announced a "new POI" September 6, 2021 and the story about the Fosters was run on September 8th, both in The Australian

So From September 2021 - FFC as "POI"

Maybe at that point she was informed - her mental health took a significant decline. I think that it is fair to say whether innocent or guilty - that this is a very confronting situation to be in.

But this latest incident - can we brush it off as a Snap in judgement - or has there always been tendencies to go in this direction when this person FFC is upset. MOO

Only my opinion but I was thinking that after the girl was removed from their care they were following her.
Creepy and controlling behaviour.
That poor girl...I am very concerned about what her life has been like.
Hidden away under a veil of these 'wonderful' fosters. :rolleyes:

Her brother vanished while with these 'wonderful' fosters also. :mad:
ITA - they painted themselves out to be wonderful caring and loving FP's when it seems they were the absolute opposite. That's why I feel it must of taken a lot of courage for this little girl to speak out and mention the abuse to her teacher, as who would believe a 'foster child' over the wonderful caring FP's.

JMO - On reading this Media article now, my thoughts go to how protection of William's sister who were then in the custody of the Fosters should have been focussed on them, not so much on the Public finding out all of their names:
"Daily Mail Australia has obtained an affidavit written by the foster mother two years after William vanished from her mother's house in the NSW Mid North Coast town of Kendall on September 12, 2014.

In the document designed to keep William's foster care past under wraps, the foster mother claimed disclosure 'will lead to intense interest from the public and a much larger number of people will learn William was in foster care'.

This was despite the fact the foster mother and father were actively engaged in the massive 'Where's William' publicity crusade with former lead detective Gary Jubelin.

The PR campaign, which raised more than $1 million in public donations, had as its main objectives 'to manage public consciousness surrounding the disappearance' and 'empower William's Parents as the foremost voice for William'."

My own interpretation of the following (William Tyrrell's foster parents accused of allegedly kicking a girl)
"The report states police will allege the child pleaded with SD to let her go but instead received a 'tirade of verbal abuse' that lasted up to 15 minutes."

... is that SD continued for that long length of time because she was unable to get herself under control in that physical and verbal state that she was in. It didn't have to happen, but once unleashed FFC was obviously able to involve the MFC in assisting her.

"The report states police will allege the child pleaded with SD to let her go but instead received a 'tirade of verbal abuse' that lasted up to 15 minutes."
I've little doubt that the FM legals will be arguing that the FM has never done anything like this before with anyone young or old. Or if she has, that it was so long ago, and in another context, that it is irrelevant to this case.

That her behavior for what she has been charged with, only occurred after she found out (or the media started reporting, and NSW Police claimed) that she was a POI (and the only current POI) in William's disappearance, and the resulting ensuing hate and abuse on social media.

And that NSW Police and the media/social media directly caused her mental health condition at the time of the alleged common assault and alleged stalking and/or intimidation of a child/children, and anything she might have done wrong to a child/children as a result of this mental health condition.

I've little doubt that the FM legals will be arguing that the FM has never done anything like this before with anyone young or old. Or if she has, that it was so long ago, and in another context, that it is irrelevant to this case.

That her behavior for what she has been charged with, only occurred after she found out (or the media started reporting, and NSW Police claimed) that she was a POI (and the only current POI) in William's disappearance, and the resulting ensuing hate and abuse on social media.

And that NSW Police and the media/social media directly caused her mental health condition at the time of the alleged common assault and alleged stalking and/or intimidation of a child/children, and anything she might have done wrong to a child/children as a result of this mental health condition.
yes highly probable this will be the defence provided.
Doesn't make it factual though.
If she has a history that's been kept on the down low it will all come tumbling out.

The 6 weeks of text messages before william went missing between the fosters deleted makes me think mental wellness quiet likely is an issue.

And why would it be an issue needed to hide?
Guilty conscience of an escalating mental break or snap?

Last edited:
Just thinking about this ^^^ thrown item a little more .... the police were searching the creek side of Batar Creek Road, weren't they? In the Nov 2021 search.

If the driver was driving south on Batar Creek Rd - away from FGM's house - they would have had to do a curve throw over the roof, or throw (whatever) through the passenger window.

If the driver was driving north on Batar Creek Rd - toward FGM's house - they would have thrown (whatever) across the road and into the bush.

I wonder how far anything could be thrown like that.
And why it hadn't been found already.
We’re not privy to everything le has or is doing. How do we know for sure they haven’t found something?

"The foster mother said caring for kids in need of a safe and loving home was 'just something we've always wanted to do'.

The parents went through a working with children check, interviews with social workers about why they wanted to foster a child, and an examination of their capacity to keep a child safe.

They were questioned about their understanding of abuse and neglect, their response to dealing with children's behaviour resulting from neglect, and their willingness to protect a child's identity and culture.

The foster parents successfully cleared all those hurdles and in 2011 were approved as carers of children on short term orders.

But they wanted to foster children on long term orders, which would mean they would act as the parents of children in the custody of the Minister for the former Department of Family and Community Services (FACS).

They fostered a couple of children short term before being granted seven-month-old William Tyrrell in 2012.

William bonded with his foster father almost immediately, was slower to take to his foster mother but not long before he vanished had started calling her 'Mum'.

He was a boisterous and energetic child and his sometimes unruly behaviour with other children at child care became of concern the foster mother.

But she later said she and the foster father had been 'incredibly fortunate to have William come into out lives'.

'As foster carers you look after the children that you're asked to look after, loving the children for who they are,' she told the 'Walking for William' podcast.

JMO – To me this began as a wonderful idea to FFC and MFC in deciding to become involved in fostering after their focus on trying to have a child/children of their own. They would no doubt, as with others who have also had much difficulty, had to bear disappointment along the way, so their anticipation in being handed a boy and a girl siblings would have created excitement for them (MOO).

At around 47 years of age when they were handed a baby boy of approx 7 months in age, and his sister who was aged approx 2 yrs, this would be a demanding role for both foster parents, and they obviously survived this until William was approx 3 and a half yrs old (when he disappeared from their care after an overnight visit to the FFGM).

However, these fostering roles may have turned out to be fraught with difficulties that they had not anticipated (continual difficulties for the FFC associated with Bio Parents visitation rights). In trying to control the difficulties being experienced in that state of affairs, especially as William grew to be older, FFC became frustrated and desperate to end her stress. Her stress being ended did not occur …. by diverting the focus onto an abduction theory, she was able to relieve it for a while but, of course, it was bound to surface again. This is just MOO on this sad case, but hopefully LE can solve what happened to William.

My own interpretation of the following (William Tyrrell's foster parents accused of allegedly kicking a girl)

... is that SD continued for that long length of time because she was unable to get herself under control in that physical and verbal state that she was in. It didn't have to happen, but once unleashed FFC was obviously able to involve the MFC in assisting her.
Good interpretation CB. It does sound like she doesn't have the ability to regulate her own emotions during times of emotional distress which she demonstrated by the actions re: alleged assault. It's even more concerning that the MFC joined in with the assault. IMO.

JMO – To me this began as a wonderful idea to FFC and MFC in deciding to become involved in fostering after their focus on trying to have a child/children of their own. They would no doubt, as with others who have also had much difficulty, had to bear disappointment along the way, so their anticipation in being handed a boy and a girl siblings would have created excitement for them (MOO).

At around 47 years of age when they were handed a baby boy of approx 7 months in age, and his sister who was aged approx 2 yrs, this would be a demanding role for both foster parents, and they obviously survived this until William was approx 3 and a half yrs old (when he disappeared from their care after an overnight visit to the FFGM).

However, these fostering roles may have turned out to be fraught with difficulties that they had not anticipated (continual difficulties for the FFC associated with Bio Parents visitation rights). In trying to control the difficulties being experienced in that state of affairs, especially as William grew to be older, FFC became frustrated and desperate to end her stress. Her stress being ended did not occur …. by diverting the focus onto an abduction theory, she was able to relieve it for a while but, of course, it was bound to surface again. This is just MOO on this sad case, but hopefully LE can solve what happened to William.
Yes I think they had good intentions and did it for all the right reasons.
I think it was a huge undertaking at their ages, I dont think I’d have been up for it.
It seems like she continued to contribute to school and the community after William was gone.

This extract is from Caroline Overington’s Book, Missing William Tyrrell.

Taken from the FF Interview with Jubelin, 1st September 2016
(page 109, Chapter 7)

From Page 112, Chapter 7, she has transcribed the following….

FFYou know, can you be a helicopter parent? Always making sure he is in sight. We blame ourselves on that level. But you can’t, you can’t watch them every second of the day. And it was such a short window of time. And (the Foster Nana) doesn’t blame herself. She blames the person who has most likely got him”

With so many questions about the timeline…… is there a possibility that William was missing longer than first said???

Last edited:

(page 109, Chapter 7)

FFYou know, can you be a helicopter parent? Always making sure he is in sight. We blame ourselves on that level. But you can’t, you can’t watch them every second of the day. And it was such a short window of time. And (the Foster Nana) doesn’t blame herself. She blames the person who has most likely got him”

With so many questions about the timeline…… is there a possibility that William was missing longer than first said???
It would be amazing to the photos officially confirmed or denied. Would really help cemente timing.

(page 109, Chapter 7)

That is an interesting comment: BBM - FF You know, can you be a helicopter parent? Always making sure he is in sight. We blame ourselves on that level. But you can’t, you can’t watch them every second of the day. And it was such a short window of time. And (the Foster Nana) doesn’t blame herself. She blames the person who has most likely got him”

JMO .... the helicopter parenting comment by FF does point to a possible lengthy window of time in William's supervision; together with her comment about her brothers' children safely running all around the area alone...sounded like that comment was more like justification for leaving William and his sister to play outside unsupervised, but of course at odds with her story of his 5 mins roaring and disappearance.

I always associate “Helicopter Parenting” with Kids much older than 3 years old.

I don’t think by supervising a 3 year old you are being a Helicopter parent you do need to watch Toddlers more closely.

Sounds like a poor attempt at an excuse for not watching William.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member