Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sep 2014 - #72

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO the FPS have benefited greatly from a lack of scrutiny from not being publicly identified, and would have suffered far less than the other POIs (in this case and in other similar cases). Most of the general public would still have no idea who they are. Far cry from Lindy Chamberlain and Cleo type cases where the parents faces are plastered everywhere for public condemnation.

IMO the FPS have benefited greatly from a lack of scrutiny from not being publicly identified, and would have suffered far less than the other POIs (in this case and in other similar cases). Most of the general public would still have no idea who they are. Far cry from Lindy Chamberlain and Cleo type cases where the parents faces are plastered everywhere for public condemnation.

Azaria Chamberlain was taken in 1980, before the internet was available for public interaction.
CS was missing for 18 days.

Minimising does not change the fact that the FP have been trolled for 7+ years. And trolled so badly that there have been arrests over the harassment. It is not a 'benefit' that it could be even worse than it is already.

imo

Last edited:
We don't know, whether GJ concentrated the investigation on involved persons (who might have been someone like BS or PS) or on the INITIATOR of the "abduction" (who might have been the FGM or FFC or MFC). Maybe, GJ was on the right track, but tried to walk it in a roundabout way? It wasn't his intention to tell everyone, maybe.
Is that possible?
IMO W case is in the right hands for the right reasons and moving forward in the right direction. LE have years worth of collated information and evidence. Forensic Technology is always evolving and assisting in solving even the most challenging cold cases. W case is an open ongoing and active investigation and representing him are a dedicated team of investigators. No point in looking back, only forward.

IMO W case is in the right hands for the right reasons and moving forward in the right direction. LE have years worth of collated information and evidence. Forensic Technology is always evolving and assisting in solving even the most challenging cold cases. W case is an open ongoing and active investigation and representing him are a dedicated team of investigators. No point in looking back, only forward.
William's always has had a dedicated team of detectives investigating his disappearance , some who have been on SF Rosann since the beginning IMO

Last edited:
I wonder if it was seen on the tennis club CCTV, and if it wasn't, why not?

From the Crabb's testimony ....

Both remembered hearing what they assumed was the postie enter the street. They were half-listening for him [sic], because the [holidaying residents of No.52, across the road] had asked them to take in the mail while they were in Queensland.

'It was a very, very quiet street, you can always hear somebody coming up the road,' [Mr C] said, recalling that he turned to his wife when he heard the car, saying: 'That could be the postie.'

He thought the car had stopped to do a U-turn, or maybe turn in a circle [?], before heading off again.

'It didn't stop at [PS's], it stopped at [FGM's],' he said. 'I don't know how long, about as long as it takes to put a letter in the box. It stopped, and then it kept going.'

[Ms C] also remembers hearing that car.

'You do hear quite a lot,' she said, of Benaroon Drive. 'And I thought this could be the postie. Because it wasn't going slow, it was going reasonably fast, like the postie does.'

[Ms C] said the car paused before it went off again, and it was only when police came asking about unfamiliar vehicles in the street 'that we sat back and started to think that was maybe somebody stopping and picking William up?' said [Mr C]."

"Missing William Tyrrell", 2020, chapter 4, pp.75-6.
Thread 55, post 551
But did they hear the FFC go on her drive? Does anyone know if this came out in their testimony?

Last edited by a moderator:
www.dailymail.co.ukWilliam Tyrrell's birth mother told son had 'black eye' from accident

When bm spoke to Salvation Army worker to confirm the details of her upcoming supervised visit with W and his sister she was informed of Ws black eye and was told the accident happened when W was climbing on the ffc.
At that meeting W bm noticed the faint bruise on W eye.
When was the bruise to Ws eye reported? Does the Salv Army have protocols in place that require fp to report any and all injuries (especially ones to the head and face) to a GP?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk › newsExplosive new details about William Tyrrell's foster parents lift lid on ...

Mfc describes an incident that occurred only a week or so before W disappeared. The incident describes how W was sitting on or over a kitchen stool falling backwards and for some reason couldn’t get back up. Mfc found this distressing.
I wonder if mfc thought that perhaps the reason why W didn’t get straight back up was because he had hit his head on the floor and was slightly concust or winded? Usually in a fall backwards your back hits the ground first followed by the head. Was this incident reported to a GP? Even a minor nock to a child’s head can cause injury to the brain.

I’ve also provided a link on how medical professionals can distinguish between bruises on a child that are accidental and bruises that are from abuse. Not saying this is what happened with Ws black eye just providing some information on how these types of bruises are assessed

https://www.rch.org.au › vfpmsPDFcan we really tell which bruises are caused by abuse?

Attachments

• 9FE1BE6F-8C80-485A-B658-C8CB68144E55.jpeg
    9FE1BE6F-8C80-485A-B658-C8CB68144E55.jpeg
    61 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
www.dailymail.co.ukWilliam Tyrrell's birth mother told son had 'black eye' from accident

When bm spoke to Salvation Army worker to confirm the details of her upcoming supervised visit with W and his sister she was informed of Ws black eye and was told the accident happened when W was climbing on the ffc.
At that meeting W bm noticed the faint bruise on W eye.
When was the bruise to Ws eye reported? Does the Salv Army have protocols in place that require fp to report any and all injuries (especially ones to the head and face) to a GP?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk › newsExplosive new details about William Tyrrell's foster parents lift lid on ...

Mfc describes an incident that occurred only a week or so before W disappeared. The incident describes how W was sitting on or over a kitchen stool falling backwards and for some reason couldn’t get back up. Mfc found this distressing.
I wonder if mfc thought that perhaps the reason why W didn’t get straight back up was because he had hit his head on the floor and was slightly concust or winded? Usually in a fall backwards your back hits the ground first followed by the head. Was this incident reported to a GP? Even a minor nock to a child’s head can cause injury to the brain.

https://www.rch.org.au › vfpmsPDFcan we really tell which bruises are caused by abuse?
Imo William’s troubles started way before he disappeared. Imo this is more proof one or both foster caters are involved. Reading and rereading everything from the beginning makes up my mind to who’s responsible. Many red flags missed from the very beginning. I feel so sad for William and his sister. I hope Lindsay keeps her strength going and can help investigators. Imo she already is.

We don't know, whether GJ concentrated the investigation on involved persons (who might have been someone like BS or PS) or on the INITIATOR of the "abduction" (who might have been the FGM or FFC or MFC). Maybe, GJ was on the right track, but tried to walk it in a roundabout way? It wasn't his intention to tell everyone, maybe.
Is that possible?
yes, for ages i thought gj was being stealth/strategic about possible surveillance on the fps and maybe suspected their involvement,as hes very clever at his job, also wondered if he got too close and this upset some people? but it doesnt seem likely anymore as hes since publicly defended them

yes, for ages i thought gj was being stealth/strategic about possible surveillance on the fps and maybe suspected their involvement,as hes very clever at his job, also wondered if he got too close and this upset some people? but it doesnt seem likely anymore as hes since publicly defended them
Me too, bearbear. It just seemed incomprehensible that the last people to see William were ruled out on the strength of an interrogation and a bugged car trip - all the other inconsistencies etc seemingly disregarded. Imo.

Imo William’s troubles started way before he disappeared. Imo this is more proof one or both foster caters are involved. Reading and rereading everything from the beginning makes up my mind to who’s responsible. Many red flags missed from the very beginning. I feel so sad for William and his sister. I hope Lindsay keeps her strength going and can help investigators. Imo she already is.
BBM: Certainly did, before he was placed in foster care too

Me too, bearbear. It just seemed incomprehensible that the last people to see William were ruled out on the strength of an interrogation and a bugged car trip - all the other inconsistencies etc seemingly disregarded. Imo.
Do you really think that the only investigation into the Foster carers was a covert bugging & interrogation??

These cops are highly trained & experienced police, this was not their first missing persons case.

Last edited:
T
True Drsleuth the bp had a hostile and volatile relationship and failed at providing a safe environment for their children, they were held accountable and their children were removed from their care. The fp also failed at providing a safe environment for the children, they left 3yo W unsupervised in an unsafe unfenced area for long enough for him to disappear and charges have recently been laid against the fp for assault against Ws sister. Is one more or less justifiable than the other? Both sets of parents had an obligation to protect W but it was the fp who’s care W was in when he disappeared

True Drsleuth the bp had a hostile and volatile relationship and failed at providing a safe environment for their children, they were held accountable and their children were removed from their care. The fp also failed at providing a safe environment for the children, they left 3yo W unsupervised in an unsafe unfenced area for long enough for him to disappear and charges have recently been laid against the fp for assault against Ws sister. Is one more or less justifiable than the other? Both sets of parents had an obligation to protect W but it was the fp who’s care W was in when he disappeared

The person to blame for William's disappearance is the perpetrator.

It is not like a car accident where 80% of the blame belongs to one party, and 20% to another.

Whoever took William should not have taken him. That is pretty much end-of.

imo

(And by end-of I mean end of the line for any blame. It starts and ends with the perp. We are not going to see the BP charged for not fulfilling their parental obligations for William, or the resulting FP charged for allowing William to run around in his grandmother's garden. imo)

Last edited:
Did he say more than FFC "is a decent person"? I just can't remember atm.

I did read about it, as if neither FFC nor MFC helped little W getting up and they only wondered, why the boy lay motionless. THAT I found very irresponsible and wrong and incomprehensible. Little W easily could have had a brain concussion at least, so I understood his fall with the chair.
I was thinking about, whether he could have had the after effects of this fall on the day, he "disappeared" (instead of "falling from a balcony").

It is not like a car accident where 80% of the blame belongs to one party, and 20% to another.

I

imo

(And by end-of I mean end of the line for any blame. It starts and ends with the perp. We are not going to see the BP charged for not fulfilling their parental obligations for William, or the resulting FP charged for allowing William to run around in his grandmother's garden. imo)
I did read about it, as if neither FFC nor MFC helped little W getting up and they only wondered, why the boy lay motionless. THAT I found very irresponsible and wrong and incomprehensible. Little W easily could have had a brain concussion at least, so I understood his fall with the chair.
I was thinking about, whether he could have had the after effects of this fall on the day, he "disappeared" (instead of "falling from a balcony").
Exactly. Why did mfc bring up that particular event to police? Was he trying to make a point that W had cognitive problems or was simply unable to comprehend or use common sense to get himself up from the floor. That’s how I read it because why mention such a thing it’s the strangest thing to say he found it “distressingly?”. Why would that be distressing if W didn’t hurt or injure himself. Can’t help but think there’s “method to his madness” for sure. A 3yo child falling backwards off a stool and just lays there they’re either in shock from the unexpected fall and understandably unsure what to do OR they’ve hurt themselves. Had mfc forgotten W was only 3yo. Still a baby in some ways at 3. And How long was mfc just observing the situation in his so called adsurb
“distress” before helping little W to get up off the floor to make sure he was ok, and to check his head.. Some of things the fp have said throughout the years have just been outrageous. <modsnip> ... the comment about “just put my father in the ground”, the giggle Ffc had when meeting GJ, the distinguishing feature being a freckle on Ws forehead behind his hair, the last photo was W roaring, the daddy tiger game., the jumping out of his skull. The list goes on and on and on. Some things are too absurd to even wrap my head around. Red flag after red flag after red flag. And still no W

I

Exactly. Why did mfc bring up that particular event to police? Was he trying to make a point that W had cognitive problems or was simply unable to comprehend or use common sense to get himself up from the floor. That’s how I read it because why mention such a thing it’s the strangest thing to say he found it “distressingly?”. Why would that be distressing if W didn’t hurt or injure himself. Can’t help but think there’s “method to his madness” for sure. A 3yo child falling backwards off a stool and just lays there they’re either in shock from the unexpected fall and understandably unsure what to do OR they’ve hurt themselves. Had mfc forgotten W was only 3yo. Still a baby in some ways at 3. And How long was mfc just observing the situation in his so called adsurb
“distress” before helping little W to get up off the floor to make sure he was ok, and to check his head.. Some of things the fp have said throughout the years have just been outrageous. <modsnip> ... the comment about “just put my father in the ground”, the giggle Ffc had when meeting GJ, the distinguishing feature being a freckle on Ws forehead behind his hair, the last photo was W roaring, the daddy tiger game., the jumping out of his skull. The list goes on and on and on. Some things are too absurd to even wrap my head around. Red flag after red flag after red flag. And still no W
I just remember something like "he perhaps bumped his head and wasn't able to answer me calling his name". Wasn't it something, FFC said? WHY immediately thinking of a head injury, when a little child is missing from grandma's garden? That seemed so outlandish to me at the time.

I just remember something like "he perhaps bumped his head and wasn't able to answer me calling his name". Wasn't it something, FFC said? WHY immediately thinking of a head injury, when a little child is missing from grandma's garden? That seemed so outlandish to me at the time.
I get how you are making a connection between MFC telling LE about when William had fallen backwards from a kitchen stool and the FFC's comment:
“Anne Maree Sharpley testified that the foster mother was “rather upset” and told her words to the effect of: “He’s either hit his head and can’t answer me or somebody’s taken him because he knows to answer me.””
William Tyrrell inquest: foster mother immediately thought 'somebody has taken him'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
in2itive