Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sep 2014 - #73

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The sense of entitlement grows to another level OMG.

I guess they now go down another rung on the ladder not that they can go much lower IMO.

Will the "Where's William" charity be investigated next?
I’m just wondering if One in the auction business could develop a handy little ‘earner‘ by having someone jack up the bids, in return for a cut of the profits.

perhaps one of those ‘famous names’ in the contact list heralded some information - maybe something that the NSW Crime Commission would‘ve been interested in.

JMO.

I don't take much from these latest charges because I believe half the selling population in Sydney and Melbourne would be guilty of this. But it does show how much police are gunning for them.
Really ? goodness, I’m obviously a bit ‘out of the loop’ of how things are done these days. . thankfully, as I find that behaviour ‘Un-Australian’, aside from ‘criminal’. Aussie’s are supposed to be straight-up & fair dinkum!

Really ? goodness, I’m obviously a bit ‘out of the loop’ of how things are done these days. . thankfully, as I find that behaviour ‘Un-Australian’, aside from ‘criminal’. Aussie’s are supposed to be straight-up & fair dinkum!

Shire Real Estate Agents consultant Mark Dwyer says, in this article, that it happened at 9 out of 10 auctions, in his experience.
So his agency now only sells by private treaty.

It is common but illegal and unethical.

As Awakening says, the police are evidently gunning for them. imo
Apparently, still no evidence of their involvement in William's disappearance is falling out of that tree though.

I agree it's wrong but over the years I've read many stories on it, have friends in the industry and a friend of a friend who will do it for a case of wine. It's a recognised problem but can be difficult to prove.

Shire Real Estate Agents consultant Mark Dwyer says, in this article, that it happened at 9 out of 10 auctions, in his experience.

Apparently, still no evidence of their involvement in William's disappearance is falling out of that tree though.

This charge by itself is not going to stop the world but if we add this to ON TOP of the other charges:

Giving false or misleading information to the NSW Crime Commission.
Assault.
Intimidation.

There is a trend here - the more the Police dig the more they find pardon the pun.

William Tyrrell foster parents charged with dishonestly obtain financial advantage by deception​

The foster parents of missing boy William Tyrrell are facing fresh charges over alleged fraudulent activity in connection with the sale of a Sydney property.

William Tyrrell’s foster parents have been charged with fraud after allegedly inserting someone into an auction to make fake bids on their Sydney property.

They are due to front a court on Sydney’s north shore in October after being charged with offences alleging fraud over a property.

The 55-year-old man and 57-year-old woman, who cannot be named for legal reasons, have each been charged with dishonestly obtain financial advantage by deception.

Police will allege in court that the matters related to procuring a third party to place dummy bids at an auction for a Sydney property listed under the father’s name.

They will allege it was an attempt to dishonestly obtain financial advantage by deception that occurred between December 10 and 12 in 2020.

The maximum penalty for such an offence is 10 years in jail.

They are due to appear at Hornsby Court on October 20.

The fresh charges are not connected with William’s disappearance from his grandmother’s house at Kendall on the NSW mid north coast on September 12, 2014, when he was aged three.

. . .

In June, a court heard the foster mum will also fight a charge knowingly giving false or misleading evidence during a hearing about the boy’s disappearance. [BBM]

I don't take much from these latest charges because I believe half the selling population in Sydney and Melbourne would be guilty of this. But it does show how much police are gunning for them.
I agree, it's a very common practice, I doubt much will come of it, every real estate agent will be shaking in their boots, I don't think so.
It's a pity imo, the team resorted to this, but what's done is done.

This article was written 19 years ago!!!! (2002!!!)

Octobers going to be a big month of court hearings for the fosters.
Roll on October I say…. And then FINALLY we may get an update on William’s Case ….. It’s has been a very long time since we have heard anything from Police about the actual case…. Nothing, really, since the “big dig” ….imo

Roll on October I say…. And then FINALLY we may get an update on William’s Case ….. It’s has been a very long time since we have heard anything from Police about the actual case…. Nothing, really, since the “big dig” ….imo
Here here

Free article here

In April, the couple were charged for knowingly giving false or misleading information to a NSW Crime Commission hearing about William Tyrrell's disappearance.
Going by what’s in this article it appears the charges against mfc and Ffc for the above offences ARE in relation to Ws disappearance.

In April, the couple were charged for knowingly giving false or misleading information to a NSW Crime Commission hearing about William Tyrrell's disappearance.
Going by what’s in this article it appears the charges against mfc and Ffc for the above offences ARE in relation to Ws disappearance.
Yes that is how I read it as well…. The Australian used similar wording also…

Wonder what information the police had to make the arrest?

Private emails or text messages?

It allegedly occurred mid December 2020, so why has it taken some 18 months for charges to be laid? I wonder if police have been investigating the person alleged to have been the dummy bidder and this matter arose out of that?

When I read that:

William Tyrrell's foster parents are charged with property fraud over alleged 'dummy bids' on a Sydney auction

• William Tyrrell's foster parents have been charged with property fraud
  • It's alleged the couple got someone to make dummy bids at a Sydney auction
  • The charge is not related to the disappearance of William Tyrrell in 2014
  • Couple recently faced allegations of assaulting a girl & giving false information
article it said - its not in relation to William Tyrrells disappearance.

#Third line - The Charge is not related to the disappearance of William Tyrrell in 2014

MOO

When I read that:

William Tyrrell's foster parents are charged with property fraud over alleged 'dummy bids' on a Sydney auction

• William Tyrrell's foster parents have been charged with property fraud
  • It's alleged the couple got someone to make dummy bids at a Sydney auction
  • The charge is not related to the disappearance of William Tyrrell in 2014
  • Couple recently faced allegations of assaulting a girl & giving false information
article it said - its not in relation to William Tyrrells disappearance.

#Third line - The Charge is not related to the disappearance of William Tyrrell in 2014

MOO
The latest charges for fraud are not in relation to Ws disappearance but the April charges or knowingly give false and misleading information are in relation to W. Mfc court dates for the April charges October 11th or 12th I think from memory

Wonder what information the police had to make the arrest?

Private emails or text messages? If so, slightly dissapointing this is the highest charge. (not that I want the FP to be guilty, just hoping for bigger answers)
It's said some of the assault evidence is surveillance material. Perhaps there are many hours of recorded surveillance for retrospective fishing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member