Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been thinking this afternoon of reasons why the family has remained so private and the media ( who usually have no regard for privacy ) have allowed them to be.
What if Williams parents (foster parents, legal guardians, whatever their relationship may be ) are famous ? That would explain a lot.

I guess if there's a legal requirement for the parents not to be named (as per the article in The Australian) then the media have to comply with this requirement, otherwise they would be breaking the law.

NO! NO!! It's a vacant block.
When I was in real estate a property like this we would tell them to drive by and/or walk over the property to see if they like it enough to make further enquiries or make an offer.
No house to view.
It's a cheap 1acre block for Sydney's standards and could have attracted a huge amount of people from anywhere. I really think it would be hard to track the enquiries because the address is on the web. This is a worry IMO.
I think I might ring the agent tomorrow and ask if the police have investigated any enquiries.

yep I caught that it was vacant land and edited my answer ((face is red)).....made me think that was the reason someone would stop and ask for specific directions to that street.....

The school break only started today, Saturday 20 September. School resumes in two and a bit weeks - Tuesday 7 October

Given that the holidays have just started that might also increase traffic to that bushland adjacent to grandmother's house as well for ATV use and fossicking.

yep I caught that it was vacant land and edited my answer ((face is red)).....made me think that was the reason someone would stop and ask for specific directions to that street.....

1 acre for under $200,000 in a rural location, close to town, really nice homes, is cheap & I wouldn't be surprised if it's attracted a lot of enquiries. AND A LOT OF LOOKERS. So it could be anyone!

timing is everything -- how old is the listing ?? If it was just recent -- may have a smaller pool of people that the agent could suss.

I don't know why, but under Queensland law for example, foster parents of a child cannot be named. Perhaps the law is similar in NSW??

Thankyou that would explain a lot, I still feel "Nicole" is very close to adoptive parents rather than birth ones.

I guess if there's a legal requirement for the parents not to be named (as per the article in The Australian) then the media have to comply with this requirement, otherwise they would be breaking the law.

Very good point

1 acre for under $200,000 in a rural location, close to town, really nice homes, is cheap & I wouldn't be surprised if it's attracted a lot of enquiries. AND A LOT OF LOOKERS. So it could be anyone!

Mind you, anyone who had previously gone to look at that block of land would most likely not have been there at a time that William was in the house opposite. There is of course the chance that someone happened to just be there on that Friday morning and picked up William on the back of looking at the land...
I just did a Google Earth scan of Benaroon Drive, to try to get a better feel for what kind of visibility of the environment there is from each of those houses. It is true that the overall visibility down the street from William's grandmother's place is fairly unimpeded and that a foreign car lingering around the place may have stood out.
For this reason, I am more inclined to think that William might have been watched from an adjoining property. I don't even picture how he could have been lured into a car. I realise someone could have promised to show him something, but at the same time they would have had to hold his mouth shut most likely to stop him screaming, they would have had to open and close at least two car doors - somehow just too much 'commotion' and hassle. Plus, any minute the sister or mother could have come back out of the house.
I am more inclined to think that someone from somewhere could have called him over and lured him into a house or into the confines of another property. I just feel that a small child, in that geographical location, could disappear from view more swiftly that way, than by means of bundling him into a car.
It would also leave the person with an 'out': should he or she be seen, they could always come out with something like they wanted to show William something at their place. That would be more plausible than someone being caught bundling William into a car having to come up with a reason for doing that!

Looking again at little William's photos shows him very happy, clean and well cared for. He always has a beaming smile.
Such a sweet little man. We need a miracle that he's well and being cared for.

I've been thinking this afternoon of reasons why the family has remained so private and the media ( who usually have no regard for privacy ) have allowed them to be.
What if Williams parents (foster parents, legal guardians, whatever their relationship may be ) are famous ? That would explain a lot.

(William has a complicated family history and, for legal *reasons, his family cannot be named. It has made aspects of this story difficult to report)

http://m.theaustralian.com.au/news/...y-william-tyrell/story-e6frg6nf-1227064608526

(William has a complicated family history and, for legal *reasons, his family cannot be named. It has made aspects of this story difficult to report)

http://m.theaustralian.com.au/news/...y-william-tyrell/story-e6frg6nf-1227064608526

On the surface of it, a statement like that in the media would make me think there was something 'weird' going on quite 'close to home' with this little boy. Something unusual going on, that he might be at heightened risk of abduction, that there might be criminal associations... But I don't think that's the case. The media are being a bit obtuse with a statement like that, but I have confidence in the police. Their first port of call would have been family and friends of the little boy - bio, foster, adopted, extended, acquaintances, whatever - they would have gone through all of that by now. And they say they have. So I don't think there is anything about any kind of family situation that is linked to this boy going missing.
It's something about the location. Something about him being at Kendall at that particular moment in time.
MOO

I haven't posted today but I've read all the articles and all your wonderful posts fellow sleuthers.

So glad little William remains in people's minds.

First post - been reading from day one! I really feel for Williams family. It's honestly every mothers worst nightmare.<modsnip>
I could be wrong! But in a way I hope I'm right and he isn't lost in the bush!

How do I ask admin a question please ?

Froglady please use private message (PM)...located top right corner of the page "notifications". You can also click on my name, in the drop down box click "private message".

First post - been reading from day one! I really feel for Williams family. It's honestly every mothers worst nightmare. <modsnip>
I could be wrong! But in a way I hope I'm right and he isn't lost in the bush!

:welcome6:

Yes you're right.
I would be surprised if the reason for the requirement wasn't leaked somewhere though. <modsnip>

To clarify for some of our newer members....

Websleuths (WS) doesn't allow discussions about rumours. We also don't allow discussions about facebook comments as we have no way of verifying if those comments are legit or not.

Please stick to discussing the facts of the case as supplied to us via media or police reports.

The following link contains our list of rules which all members are asked to read and follow....

Rules Etiquette & Information

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...iquette-amp-Information&p=8364858#post8364858

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member