Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the judge has lots to read through they might take a break and resume after lunch

Is it usual to suppress the names of the victims of 'historic crimes'? I understand why someone would want the names of children suppressed but this is 27 years ago. We are talking about 30 and 33 year olds now (if my math is correct)? Is this common? I suppose it could just be that the case is high profile. Just wondering out loud here.....

Is it usual to suppress the names of the victims of 'historic crimes'? I understand why someone would want the names of children suppressed but this is 27 years ago. We are talking about 30 and 33 year olds now (if my math is correct)? Is this common? I suppose it could just be that the case is high profile. Just wondering out loud here.....

Could the victims have requested the suppression??? For their privacy and their own families privacy?

I guess its possible the victims asked for they're names to be suppressed because it is such a high profile case, cant say I'd blame them

Yes a family member was involved I an historical crime and there name and other victims were surpressed

Check out @AirlieWalsh's Tweet: [video=twitter;611000871413944320]https://twitter.com/AirlieWalsh/status/611000871413944320[/video]

Dont know if that worked but basically saying bs is appearing in prison greens via audio link, tweeted 1 minute ago

I live in Port Macquarie and it is my day off today - wish it was tomorrow, I would have been at the Courthouse for sure!!!

“@AirlieWalsh: Bill Spedding is appearing via audio visual link from Cessnock. Dressed in prison greens. #9newscomau”

Here we go folks ...

an Box ‏@DanBox10
Bill Spedding's lawyer argued his alleged victims were "tutored" to make false claims against him

I thought most courts surpress victim's name in sexual abuse and normally the perp as well...but certainly didn't happen for Bill Spedding.

So why is it ok to print Bill Spedding was charged with sexual assault, but many other's that get charged with sexual offenced names are not printed in media

Ditto wewillgetyou, I'm not so great at it ;-)

Dan Box ‏@DanBox10 51s51 seconds ago

Bill Spedding's lawyer argues the claims against him were made at the time of "an acrimonious dispute" involving Bill

Dan Box
1m1 minute ago
Dan Box ‏@DanBox10
Bill Spedding's lawyer argues the claims against him were made at the time of "an acrimonious dispute" involving Bill

Ummm seriously who tutors kids for stuff like that? and there were injuries??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member